Air Georgian

Got a hot employment or interview tip to help a fellow aviator find a job or looking for a little job advice place your posting here.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

Roger1989
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: Air Georgian

Post by Roger1989 »

They have joined alpa but from my understanding it's still the worst place to work. The few I knew there have since left to Encore and Cargojet.
Typical work day is 13 hours. It's probably the worst decision you could make to join that company. I'm sure you can find someone who works there currently to confirm the facts.
Everyone is hiring be patient.
---------- ADS -----------

Roger1989
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Roger1989 »

How is air georgian still able to staff their airplanes? This is absurd. One figured The PML scandal of theirs would come to light but these kids are buying it and signing contracts. Unbelievable folks. It's a matter of time I suppose before they figure it out and run.

skypirate88
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by skypirate88 »

Roger1989 wrote:How is air georgian still able to staff their airplanes? This is absurd. One figured The PML scandal of theirs would come to light but these kids are buying it and signing contracts. Unbelievable folks. It's a matter of time I suppose before they figure it out and run.
And what exactly is their PML scandal? If you're going to throw out accusations, you may as well be specific.

A mile of road will take you a mile, but a mile of runway can take you anywhere
gtanorth
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by gtanorth »

The PML works the same at GGN as it does anywhere, the only difference is that a certain mud slinger didn't get axed from the other express partners. The PML is certainly no scam, it is a way for AC to get pilots into the system while controlling attrition from Express to outside of the big red team. The real only attrition outside of AC now is those that got PFO'd or those that don't want AC for whatever personal reason or circumstance.

flying4dollars
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by flying4dollars »

Roger1989 wrote:They have joined alpa but from my understanding it's still the worst place to work. The few I knew there have since left to Encore and Cargojet.
Typical work day is 13 hours. It's probably the worst decision you could make to join that company. I'm sure you can find someone who works there currently to confirm the facts.
Everyone is hiring be patient.

Interesting. My typical work day is about 9 hours. Of which a fair bit is spent hanging out in the airport lounge relaxing. And yes, I work here. Many pilots have moved on to ac. The pml is not a scam. Not sure where this belief comes from. Worst decision to work here based on what? Yup, you'll find a few who don't like it here. You'll also find many who do. If you're going to throw out slanderous comments, why not back it up with facts that you didn't get from guys you know who know guys who worked here?

Or are you a disgruntled employee hiding behind an Internet forum username? :rolleyes:

Roger1989
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Roger1989 »

Flying4peanuts and living off the lounge. A classic georgian pilot.

flying4dollars
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by flying4dollars »

Roger1989 wrote:Flying4peanuts and living off the lounge. A classic georgian pilot.
Right. Well I won't be feeding any trolls today so I'll move on from your ignorance.

MCB
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by MCB »

flying4dollars wrote:
Roger1989 wrote:Flying4peanuts and living off the lounge. A classic georgian pilot.
Right. Well I won't be feeding any trolls today so I'll move on from your ignorance.
I've personally observed someone load up a tupperware container. Then we wonder why they ban crew members priority pass cards...

Roger1989
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Roger1989 »

It's a matter of time before they get us all booted out of there. Flying4peanuts has no shame. Tells you how it is. Spends most of his day relaxing in the lounge. Brilliant. Is that what you signed up for? Get a real job you troll!

Black_Tusk
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Black_Tusk »

And here I get annoyed if I have longer than a 2 hour wait between flights. Relaxing in the lounge is the last thing I want to do. Send me flying or send me home.

flying4dollars
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by flying4dollars »

Black_Tusk wrote:And here I get annoyed if I have longer than a 2 hour wait between flights. Relaxing in the lounge is the last thing I want to do. Send me flying or send me home.
True, but I was trying to shed some light on the supposed 13 hour slave days that was mentioned. Does it happen? Sure it does. Where doesn't it in the airline world? But is it scheduled like this every day? Most certainly not. In either case, nobody here is overworked.

Boreas
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Boreas »

I load my flask up there sometimes :smt040

Ancient
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Ancient »

Pretty sure my Jazz friend said he bought a lounge membership to eat and relax between flights too.

gtanorth
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by gtanorth »

I think most pilots use the lounge in the same way - respectfully. Some unfortunately, from all operators, do abuse it and it may one day cause a crackdown for flightcrew.

Black_Tusk
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Black_Tusk »

Nothing wrong with using the lounge if you have to (respectfully of course). That being said, I would rather be flying especially if it's a min credit day.

rudder
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rudder »

No fleet expansion for Georgian in 2017?

What about 2018?

mbav8r
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by mbav8r »

Just my opinion, that'll depend on whether the new union reps play hardball and go for the moon on the first go, also dependant on a strike mandate, when not if the company plays hardball!

Black_Tusk
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Black_Tusk »

Good luck trying to strike on Air Canada. We can all see how well that worked out in the past.

mbav8r
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by mbav8r »

Black_Tusk wrote:Good luck trying to strike on Air Canada. We can all see how well that worked out in the past.
My point about any growth at GGN, it'll depend on how negotiations go.

rudder
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rudder »

With the pilots and flight attendants at GGN now unionized, the costs have only one way to go and that is up. I don't think that anybody signed a card to work more and get paid less.

Staffing requirements will increase even with no growth (decrease in productivity). Cost of labour will go up (improvements in pay, pension, benefits). This is not the fault of the 'unions'. This is an almost inevitable outcome when a company is an outlier on pay and work rules.

Whatever margin on the CPA that now flows to the GGN owners is about to shrink unless AC agrees to assume the increased labour costs as a pass through (unlikely). The net result will be an eventual levelling of the playing field when it comes to Express labour costs. Labour should never be forced to compete.

Return to “Employment Forum”