Air Georgian

Got a hot employment or interview tip to help a fellow aviator find a job or looking for a little job advice place your posting here.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

upintheair_
Rank 5
Rank 5

Re: Air Georgian

Post by upintheair_ »

FL7377 wrote:
upintheair_ wrote:
DanWEC wrote:This is just hilarious. Still waiting for the big reveal as to who's playing a game here.

(PS Can we please change the name of this thread to "Guess! That! Troll!"
It would be quite easy actually. Anyone with admin powers can find the IP that was used when the account was made. 1, they could see if it matched any other IP's from other accounts. And two... I could just quite easily find out the address associated with that IP. You're not as anonymous as you think on the web.

AAAAAAAAAAAND upintheair for the win! Nickynick saga = over!
So? Who was it?
---------- ADS -----------

nightbird
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by nightbird »

Any knows when they are gonna run the next CRJ ground school?

Sky_Conqueror
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Sky_Conqueror »

Greetings all. I see many people are interested in knowing where the current movement is at the moment. So I wanted fire up some conversations focusing on Air Georgian. I am aware that there is a G/S running right now for the CRJ. I have a friend in there now. I have heard from people that GGN has recently started to interview people with less than the 1500TT they so much advertised for. AC and Jazz are having G/S until spring 2016 so I'm sure people would be so grateful to get informed on what's happening at GGN now and in the short future. Thanks guys!

fruitloops
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by fruitloops »

From " Rudder " on another board - this info on GGN has been confirmed by another individual as well.

"Georgian originally placed in to service 5 former CRJ100's from AC/Jazz that were no longer in active service. It was subsequently announced by AC that the Georgian CRJ fleet would be comprised of 2 CRJ100's and 4 CRJ200's by the end of 2015. The first CRJ200 arrived on the Georgian property in the spring and was a transfer from Jazz. It was then announced internally at Georgian that 8 additional CRJ200's would be added to the Georgian operated AC Express fleet between December 2015 and June 2016. The 12 CRJ200's that will eventually comprise the Georgian CRJ fleet will likely all be transfers from Jazz on a CRJ fleet reduction schedule that forms part of the Chorus CPA with AC. Jazz wil continue to operate 13 CRJ200's in 2016 reducing to 10 CRJ200's in 2017 through 2019. AC has begun to substitute CRJ's on to former transborder D8 routes. It is also likely that these CRJ aircraft and the associated routes will be the source of Georgian aircraft and expanded AC Express flying.

Go Jays!

Sky_Conqueror
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Sky_Conqueror »

[quote]["Georgian originally placed in to service 5 former CRJ100's from AC/Jazz that were no longer in active service. It was subsequently announced by AC that the Georgian CRJ fleet would be comprised of 2 CRJ100's and 4 CRJ200's by the end of 2015. The first CRJ200 arrived on the Georgian property in the spring and was a transfer from Jazz. It was then announced internally at Georgian that 8 additional CRJ200's would be added to the Georgian operated AC Express fleet between December 2015 and June 2016. The 12 CRJ200's that will eventually comprise the Georgian CRJ fleet will likely all be transfers from Jazz on a CRJ fleet reduction schedule that forms part of the Chorus CPA with AC. Jazz wil continue to operate 13 CRJ200's in 2016 reducing to 10 CRJ200's in 2017 through 2019. AC has begun to substitute CRJ's on to former transborder D8 routes. It is also likely that these CRJ aircraft and the associated routes will be the source of Georgian aircraft and expanded AC Express flying.
]

Thanks alot Fruityloops. It helps enormously when we get hard numbers. Seems like them too, along with AC, Jazz and others are going to be hiring quite non stop for the next 6 months and beyond. It explains the current RJ groundschool happening now, in anticipation for that December RJ arrival.

If SkyReg requires 108 pilots for 5 Embraers next year, I wonder if we can use those numbers to predict how many crews they will require. Unless the 108 pilots includes attrition guys leaving for AC, I think we can say a plane needs roughly 5 or 6.5 crews on roster to be operational? I remember reading a number requirement like that per aircraft, correct me if I'm wrong. But that is still great news....unlike pay though. But confirms the movement I want to promote lol.

fruitloops
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by fruitloops »

nightbird wrote:Any knows when they are gonna run the next CRJ ground school?
I heard one started just after Oct thanksgiving and now that group is either in SIM or starting Line indocs. I'm not sure if they are starting another one later this month or waiting until after xmas. I'm guessing they are having trouble finding pilots for the new incoming RJs since their ads are kind of on 'permanent post' mode. Lots of demand/competition for YYZ pilots right now from Sky Reg and GGN. Gotta like that demand especially when you've got Jazz and Encore on the hunt too.

Sky_Conqueror
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Sky_Conqueror »

I think all hiring for this year is done. To resume after January 6th. I'd heard that Jazz was running a GS sometime at the beginning of November, but as far as GGN and others, I think they have wrapped up........for now. GS are ongoing for GGN, Jazz, Sky, Porter throughout winter and Spring 2016.

seniorpumpkin
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by seniorpumpkin »

Anyone know if all these new RJ's for Georgian are going to be based in YYZ or does it look like some will end up being based in YYC eventually?

Flying airplanes is easy, you just need to PAY ATTENTION. Finding a good job on the other hand takes experience, practice, and some serious talent.
dhc#
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by dhc# »

Out of curiosity, regarding their multiple ad(s) last week, is this due to planned RJ expansion or some sort of exodus ?

Sky_Conqueror
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Sky_Conqueror »

Its both.

AC is now in what we can call a turning point in its history; just like in the 90s and late 70's. New expansion plans with an additional new 777, several 787's and planned arrival of the 737 MAX in early 2017 are allowing for a constant hiring flow starting now....to continue for the foreseeable future. Add retirements and that just increases the flow. GGN is part of the Air Canada system, so a few may go directly to AC.

GGN is also to receive additional aircrafts. So that adds to the equations. Like I've said in previous threads, this is a great time for hiring. Its all in the numbers.

fruitloops
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by fruitloops »

dhc# wrote:Out of curiosity, regarding their multiple ad(s) last week, is this due to planned RJ expansion or some sort of exodus ?
I've got a few contacts at GGN - it's expansion they are adding routes and going from 6-7 RJs to 15-16 RJ's > mostly 200's as the 100's are showing their age and crapping out often

ascend
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by ascend »

What’s the schedule like on the 1900 for YYZ and YYC? Are there a lot of multiple day pairings or mostly single day?
Are the newer guys still getting sent out to YYC? If so, what’s the turnaround time to hold YYZ?

fruitloops
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by fruitloops »

ascend wrote:What’s the schedule like on the 1900 for YYZ and YYC? Are there a lot of multiple day pairings or mostly single day?
Are the newer guys still getting sent out to YYC? If so, what’s the turnaround time to hold YYZ?
I'm guessing given they have recently posted 1900 job ads, a lot of 1900 pilots are being pulled up into the RJs creating quite a few openings in the 1900s at YYZ since all the RJs are at YYZ.... so I doubt there is a problem to hold YYZ. If you apply and don't get what you want you can always turn them down :) I'm not sure about pairings on the 1900, the RJ schedules have lots of multi day/overnights. Apply for both the RJ and 1900 what the heck double your chances of YYZ - I heard they have taken some pilots below cutoffs recently just depends on your type of experience.

oldncold
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by oldncold »

many moons ago nt air offered me a direct captain on 1900 ( this was shortly after they ran one off the end of blue river b.c. runway) they were very polite and I reciprocated in kind . The interview went well until we came to the issue of renumeration. I inquired >they replied, to which I did not wish to take a 27,000dollar hit to my then standard of living. i learned many things that day and reaffirmed many others> another ones misfortune = anothers opportunity your self worth is not determined in aviation by the size of the plane you fly but by your negiotiations skills in all facets of life.. best thing to do is hunker down ride out the bs make your own breaks. 8)

Fast forward to nicky nic. your assumption that previous successes of fellow co-workers going direct to ac gives you a fast track or in is false. dont know your exact premise but if you blow a sim at one company in todays 'connected world' it will haunt you to other 705 ops taleo is the worst the info goes in and often very outdated or irrevelent but it is still there.

be happy nic nic where you are there are over 500 previously employed skilled pilots many with jet time - collecting ei and scarfing out an exsistance in alberta due to the collapse of the oil patch. The radio ifr chatter that was so hectic in 2012 -13 to the point you could barely get a word in edge was is now a night medivac over arviat at 2am in comparison

fly safe its a long winter ! 8)

dhc#
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by dhc# »

Can anyone comment on life on the CRJ side of the operation..work like a dog or reasonable working days ?

Inverted2
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by Inverted2 »

Still looks like a complete mess there. I'm surprised AC puts up with their delays and cancellations. Oh right. They are cheaper.

Let’s Go Brandon
gtanorth
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by gtanorth »

I think AC and AGL are pretty happy with everything. AGL growing to 16 CRJ 200, flying each aircraft 30% more than Jazz ever did. The retirement of the old 100's and the intro of newer 200's is a big plus for performance. Lots of good things going on at AGL these days!

MCB
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by MCB »

I'm guessing the passengers think it's great too!

http://public.tableau.com/shared/54KT5B ... _count=yes

AvExpress
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by AvExpress »

MCB wrote:I'm guessing the passengers think it's great too!

http://public.tableau.com/shared/54KT5B ... _count=yes
Nice job by the Encore folks

Oxi
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by Oxi »

gtanorth wrote:I think AC and AGL are pretty happy with everything. AGL growing to 16 CRJ 200, flying each aircraft 30% more than Jazz ever did. The retirement of the old 100's and the intro of newer 200's is a big plus for performance. Lots of good things going on at AGL these days!

Yes, because receiving those ancient 100s that AC originally had has worked so well. Now you'll be flying the older Jazz CRJ200s while they enjoy 900s. Can you also provide the link to the 16 CRJ aircraft please.

Return to “Employment Forum”