Another sunwing ad?

Got a hot employment or interview tip to help a fellow aviator find a job or looking for a little job advice place your posting here.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

Flyboycanada80
Rank 1
Rank 1

Another sunwing ad?

Post by Flyboycanada80 »

I'm confused. They post another ad while most I know have not gotten any responses from them? What are we doing wrong?
---------- ADS -----------

NickyNick
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: Another sunwing ad?

Post by NickyNick »

Flyboycanada80 wrote:I'm confused. They post another ad while most I know have not gotten any responses from them? What are we doing wrong?
Old ad if you read the dates in it, they sure don't proofread. However I wonder what we are doing wrong as well, I get no responses from Encore, Jazz, Georgian, Porter etc.

PointyEngine
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by PointyEngine »

Probably trying to get more TFW off the raft...

schnitzel2k3
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by schnitzel2k3 »

Creating piles of resumes that don't qualify to prove their need for TFWs.

Whatever.

Sky_Conqueror
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Sky_Conqueror »

You got to be careful with that company. They seem to have unpredictable policies in almost everything they do. I call them the extreme right wing of our industry, or dictatorship for short. They hire not necessarily based on minimum requirements but other factors that are hard to identify. Borderline legal issues with the fact that they repeatedly hire TFWs. They fire people on the spot with no explanations. :rolleyes: . I do not know what to think of that company.

Like many others before me have pointed out: to train a total 145 + 28 = 173 pilots in a few months is practically and physically impossible. Which means they will have to revert to using already trained European pilots from that Czech Republic company. If those numbers include recalls from last year's season, then this whole process is in fact possible.

Boreas
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Boreas »

schnitzel2k3 wrote:Creating piles of resumes that don't qualify to prove their need for TFWs.

Whatever.
Glad I could help :mrgreen:

upintheair_
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by upintheair_ »

schnitzel2k3 wrote:Creating piles of resumes that don't qualify to prove their need for TFWs.

Whatever.

So what about the qualified ones? Do they just throw them in the garbage? There has to be something illegal if that's what they are doing... just showing the under qualified ones. They should be required to show any and all applications.

I know one guy with over 3000 hours who has been applying there with an internal reference and still no call. With a lot of good, relative experience.

TG
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by TG »

upintheair_ wrote: I know one guy with over 3000 hours who has been applying there with an internal reference and still no call. With a lot of good, relative experience.
3000hrs is not much especially with no 737's time if that is the case.

upintheair_
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by upintheair_ »

Then they should change the ad to say that. Right now it is very vauge as to what experience they actually want. It says ATPL 3000 hours. Not much else.

Kosiw
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Kosiw »

Why does avcanada allow them to keep posting ads when everyone knows that these ads are used to support sunwings tfw program ?

Gravity always wins
seniorpumpkin
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by seniorpumpkin »

Maybe the new ad came up because they're hoping to attract some recently (or soon to be) laid off oil patch pilots.

Flying airplanes is easy, you just need to PAY ATTENTION. Finding a good job on the other hand takes experience, practice, and some serious talent.

Return to “Employment Forum”