What Company operating North of Ontario Quebec Single pilot.

Got a hot employment or interview tip to help a fellow aviator find a job or looking for a little job advice place your posting here.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

Olegmagellan
Rank 2
Rank 2

What Company operating North of Ontario Quebec Single pilot.

Post by Olegmagellan »

See topic
---------- ADS -----------

Last edited by Olegmagellan on Mon Mar 28, 2016 1:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
flyinhigh
Rank 10
Rank 10

Re: What Company operating North of Ontario Quebec Single pi

Post by flyinhigh »

Lots,

Slate falls airways.
Kabeelo
Red lake sea plane
Superior.

That's just 4, there are tonnes.

Olegmagellan
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Olegmagellan »

flyinhigh wrote:Lots,

Slate falls airways.
Kabeelo
Red lake sea plane
Superior.

That's just 4, there are tonnes.
Thanks a lot

Mr. T
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Mr. T »

RCMP

goingnowherefast
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by goingnowherefast »

Every VFR operator.

awitzke
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by awitzke »

Superior Airways
Weagamow Air
Sky Care
Wasaya
North Star
Every float operator anywhere.

Olegmagellan
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Olegmagellan »

awitzke wrote:Superior Airways
Weagamow Air
Sky Care
Wasaya
North Star
Every float operator anywhere.
Thanks, I will check them.Very helpfully.

CLguy
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by CLguy »

OMNR

You Can Love An Airplane All You Want, But Remember, It Will Never Love You Back!
Olegmagellan
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Olegmagellan »

CLguy wrote:OMNR
Thanks,I am trying to find some info,seems no hiring at this moment.
Any way,appreciated.

CLguy
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by CLguy »

OMNR has done more hiring in the last year than they have done in probably 20 years. Still more to go yet so not sure where you are getting your info.

You Can Love An Airplane All You Want, But Remember, It Will Never Love You Back!
chipmunk
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by chipmunk »

From what you posted on another forum, Oleg, it appears you have 1500h, 1300 of which are right seat Airbus, and you're a Canadian but now overseas.

The bad news is, to these companies listed above, you basically the same as 200h newbies since your Airbus experience has no relevance to single pilot northern ops. Add to that an overseas address or contact info in your resume - your resume will likely be put to the bottom of the pile. Hard to interview someone who isn't in Canada at the moment.

Spring is approaching and right now there are probably a few dozen new pilots out on road trips across the country, shaking hands, dropping off resumes face to face, and those guys and gals are the ones that will be ahead of the hiring game.

So - if you're still overseas and a road trip is out of the question, a couple of things you can do:
1) Apply using a Canadian address
2) Ask friends/former classmates currently working in Canada to provide you with a reference
3) Tailor your cover letter and resume to the specific company - ie forget the generic "I'm applying for a pilot position at your company". Write it so you clearly know about what the company does.
4) Get someone to proofread and critique your resume, as well as your cover letter for grammar and spelling and overall general presentation. (The user xsbank does this for a reasonable fee)

Good luck.

Olegmagellan
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Olegmagellan »

chipmunk wrote:From what you posted on another forum, Oleg, it appears you have 1500h, 1300 of which are right seat Airbus, and you're a Canadian but now overseas.

The bad news is, to these companies listed above, you basically the same as 200h newbies since your Airbus experience has no relevance to single pilot northern ops. Add to that an overseas address or contact info in your resume - your resume will likely be put to the bottom of the pile. Hard to interview someone who isn't in Canada at the moment.

Spring is approaching and right now there are probably a few dozen new pilots out on road trips across the country, shaking hands, dropping off resumes face to face, and those guys and gals are the ones that will be ahead of the hiring game.

So - if you're still overseas and a road trip is out of the question, a couple of things you can do:
1) Apply using a Canadian address
2) Ask friends/former classmates currently working in Canada to provide you with a reference
3) Tailor your cover letter and resume to the specific company - ie forget the generic "I'm applying for a pilot position at your company". Write it so you clearly know about what the company does.
4) Get someone to proofread and critique your resume, as well as your cover letter for grammar and spelling and overall general presentation. (The user xsbank does this for a reasonable fee)

Good luck.
Thanks so much,for pointed and direct advise,really helpful.
I used my Canadian address and contacts for CV.I have 2100 TT and 1900 right site A320.
But now,realize,my jet experience doesn't cost anything,against young guys,searching for first job.
You are right,it's better,to come face to face,and represent myself.
What about the notes,NO PHONE CALLS,NO PERSONAL VISIT?
If you can PM me please.
Thanks to all .

PropToFeather
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by PropToFeather »

I have to ask: why are you looking exclusively for Single Pilot?

The reason I ask is because, from what I've seen, pretty much every company in NO/NQ will fly single pilot... but only if they a) fly smaller planes (so, 206/207s, smaller Pipers, etc), or b) if they aren't too busy, or c) if they're flying cargo in a 208. The rest of the time, the planes will be flying two-crew, especially if the weather is IFR. You've got turbine time, so that might play in your favour, but a lot of companies out here will not necessarily value it unless you have time on the types they fly. And, finally, as chipmunk said, there are guaranteed to be several people on the road, shaking hands with the management in those companies right now, who definitely have an advantage.

Also, and I know this from personal experience, if you're not going to be hitting the road, you have to have your communication be much better than it is right now. Your resume might be fine and proof-read, but you've also got to be prepared to exchange emails or phone calls with companies. If people have to struggle to understand you, your stuff might end up in the "maybe, if no one else applies" pile, since... well, you're looking at a lot of uncontrolled airspace, and 126.7 gets pretty busy up here! You might be the best pilot in the world, but if no one understands you, and you're flying around with a lot of planes without TCAS, it really doesn't add to the feelings of safety (or actual safety!) of people flying in the same airspace.

Finally, if a place you're applying to has a "no phone calls", don't call them! If they have "no personal visits", they're very likely to be a bigger airline/charter operator that probably doesn't fly single pilot!

If at first you don't succeed, maybe NDB approaches just aren't for you
Olegmagellan
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Olegmagellan »

Hello please check PM.

Return to “Employment Forum”