North American Charters and Transwest

Got a hot employment or interview tip to help a fellow aviator find a job or looking for a little job advice place your posting here.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

tusky
Rank 1
Rank 1

North American Charters and Transwest

Post by tusky »

Looking for info on these two companies.
What it's like working on the ramp, how long it takes to get a right seat position?
I have just under 400TT, MIFR, Instructor rating. If you have any advise as to what companies I should target for a job please let me know. I am willing to work the ramp anywhere but I think 1 year is about as long as I want to work the ramp for seeing that I could just find an instructing job instead. Thanks.
---------- ADS -----------

disco
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by disco »

I can only answer the NAC part of your question. I recently worked there a short time on a contract and found them to be a great place to work. They are a great bunch of people and I had a great time working with them. Management are receptive and appear to make a real effort to address problems and concerns in a way that is uncommon in this business.

You will work some large days but I think you would find it rewarding.

Hey NAC guys....Love ya...

. .
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by . . »

transwest won't be hiring en-mass until the spring. So NAC might be your best bet for now as their work isn't seasonal. I'll also echo the fact that NAC would be a great spot to work.

wallypilot
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by wallypilot »

While I haven't worked there, I have a buddy that does, and he would concur with the above evaluation of NAC. Sounds like a good place to be. and he went from ramp (actually cust. serv.) to FO PC12 to FO B100 to Captain PC12 in just under 2 yrs, I think.

Last edited by wallypilot on Fri Sep 16, 2005 7:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
stuckinthemiddle
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by stuckinthemiddle »

Transwest won't be hiring again until spring, they've got all the rampies that they are willing to pay - not enough of them if you were to ask them -and they treat them like crap at that!

If you go to work the ramp, work up north La Ronge or farther. Anything south of La Ronge will make you sad.

whats a guy gotta do to get a job in this town?
Downtown
Rank 2
Rank 2

NAC?

Post by Downtown »

Where is NAC located?

TT 2400, PIC 2030, ME 1420 (MPIC 1350), TURBINE 80
loadshed
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by loadshed »

YQT

sprucemonkey
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by sprucemonkey »

My vote's with NAC. One of yous has the opsmgrs nickname for a handle. Thats too funny.

Return to “Employment Forum”