Road trip

Got a hot employment or interview tip to help a fellow aviator find a job or looking for a little job advice place your posting here.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

amazon1234
Rank 0
Rank 0

Road trip

Post by amazon1234 »

Hello everybody,

I am a young pilot with 200 hours. Still searching for a first job. I was wondering if someone could help me and give me advices for doing a road trip. I went on a road trip last summer but didn't find any job. Maybe it's because I only visited the companies in the big airports??? (Winnipeg, Toronto, Thunder Bay, Calgary, Vancouver). Is it worth it to visit literally every company? Sometimes there is aerodromes where there is only one or two companies.
And is it too late at this time of the year to do a road trip? Is it better to do it around March/April?

Any thoughts, previous experience, dos and donts?

Thank you
---------- ADS -----------

aviatrix444
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: Road trip

Post by aviatrix444 »

If you look at the top of the page you'll find a "search" button. Type in road trip, and you'll find a very large amount of stories and advice that are exactly what you're looking for.

There are no bad times of year to road trip, just less ideal times. Put on a nice shirt, and keep driving north until someone takes you on.

Best of luck.

Mr Brown
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Mr Brown »

To add to the above post, before you search just go to the bush flying forum and there's a stickied post that's I think 3 or 4 pages all on road trips. That should be a good start for you. And yeah, I'd literally go everywhere, even the small places with one or two operators. The bigger cities, even being smaller companies, are going to be full of guys with more experience who are tired of being in the middle of nowhere which is probably why you had no luck last year.

Good luck and post any good stories you may have along the way!

glorifieddriver
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by glorifieddriver »

The only don't is don't stop until you find a job! Keep going and make sure you don't skip meeting people. Be friendly talk to people. Buying a fellow pilot a beer in the evening will buy you loads of useful info

pepsi
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by pepsi »

amazon1234 wrote:Hello everybody,

I am a young pilot with 200 hours. Still searching for a first job. I was wondering if someone could help me and give me advices for doing a road trip. I went on a road trip last summer but didn't find any job. Maybe it's because I only visited the companies in the big airports??? (Winnipeg, Toronto, Thunder Bay, Calgary, Vancouver). Is it worth it to visit literally every company? Sometimes there is aerodromes where there is only one or two companies.
And is it too late at this time of the year to do a road trip? Is it better to do it around March/April?

Any thoughts, previous experience, dos and donts?

Thank you
The best and sometimes the only way to find a job in canadian aviation industry it's to create his own company...(it's not a joke).

lazyeight
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by lazyeight »

pepsi wrote: The best and sometimes the only way to find a job in canadian aviation industry it's to create his own company...(it's not a joke).
No.

Return to “Employment Forum”