Flair PAY

Got a hot employment or interview tip to help a fellow aviator find a job or looking for a little job advice place your posting here.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

FL020
Rank 4
Rank 4

Flair PAY

Post by FL020 »

I know severely sub par - But what is the left seat wawcon...?
---------- ADS -----------

leftoftrack
Rank 8
Rank 8

Re: Flair PAY

Post by leftoftrack »

So you don't know the pay, however your convinced it sucks. And your interested in the job anyway

FL020
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by FL020 »

I'm assuming by the lack of responses on the now two different forum posts that the conditions do in fact suck.....if they were good, people would know about them.

FICU
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by FICU »

The only way to launch a ULCC is with ULCCrews.

landshark
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by landshark »

PM me if your interested.

Last edited by landshark on Fri Mar 31, 2017 1:22 pm, edited 3 times in total.
tbaylx
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by tbaylx »

Previously they were offering 10 GDO's/month and 93K/year for DEC to start.

FL020
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by FL020 »

Actually sickening.....

flyingvinnie
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by flyingvinnie »

tbaylx wrote:Previously they were offering 10 GDO's/month and 93K/year for DEC to start.
That's actually not too bad, to start. Not sure why most pilots think they should all be making $200,000+.

I fly a much smaller airplane than a 737, and make north of $120,000. I honestly feel I am way overpaid for what I do!

tbaylx
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by tbaylx »

flyingvinnie wrote:
tbaylx wrote:Previously they were offering 10 GDO's/month and 93K/year for DEC to start.
That's actually not too bad, to start. Not sure why most pilots think they should all be making $200,000+.

I fly a much smaller airplane than a 737, and make north of $120,000. I honestly feel I am way overpaid for what I do!
That is pretty much on the low side for an experienced qualified B737 captain. No one said anything about $200K+ though that certainly wouldn't be unreasonable for someone with the right experience. $120K/year would be a reasonable and fair starting wage for such a position based on current narrowbody pay scales in Canada.

It's their operation however and they can offer whatever they feel like. If they don't get the experience they're looking for then they'll have to up the T&C's until they do.

flyingvinnie
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by flyingvinnie »

tbaylx wrote:
flyingvinnie wrote:

That is pretty much on the low side for an experienced qualified B737 captain. No one said anything about $200K+ though that certainly wouldn't be unreasonable for someone with the right experience. $120K/year would be a reasonable and fair starting wage for such a position based on current narrowbody pay scales in Canada.

It's their operation however and they can offer whatever they feel like. If they don't get the experience they're looking for then they'll have to up the T&C's until they do.
Yes, but anybody making that wage flying a narrowbody is not a new hire at that company. I don't think WJ or any other company is going to hire off the street for captains.

express315
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by express315 »

Actually it is 5 GDO/ 5 SDO so far. Union is there now so it may change to 10 GDO in time.
LHS pay originally started at 90k and was bumped to around 95k later, topped at 138k after 10 years of servise.
One point is after 120k there is really no change in paycheck due to taxes. I did not see it anyway.
Another point was mentioned above - how many other direct entry 737 PIC jobs are there in Canada?
Quite a few FO's got their LHS upgrade within 2-3 years. Way ahead of 7-10 years somewhere else.
I don't believe there are any dream jobs exist in this industry anymore.
However Flair could have been a good step up move for many on their way to greener pastures.

KenoraPilot
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by KenoraPilot »

Do things still look so rosie with NewLeaf starting to take a lot of heat from WJ? I just saw WJ to start operating 45 flights a week out of Hamilton? How is the stability at Flair if NewLeaf shuts'r down?

express315
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by express315 »

Flair just bought New Leaf. Hope that means more stability.

Return to “Employment Forum”