Prine Edward Air

Got a hot employment or interview tip to help a fellow aviator find a job or looking for a little job advice place your posting here.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

dmc
Rank 0
Rank 0

Prine Edward Air

Post by dmc »

HIRING

BE99 Capt. 2000TT 500PIC on BE99/King Air variants
BE99 FO 750TT 250PIC on BE99/King Air variants
PA-31 Capt 1500TT 500PIC on PA-31-350
---------- ADS -----------

Always Moving
Rank 3
Rank 3

Where?

Post by Always Moving »

Where do I send my resume?
Wiith or without PPC or PCC?

Kosiw
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Kosiw »

Are they hiring because of expansion with the freight and sked operation or have their pilots left for greener pastures??

Donald
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by Donald »

Does anyone know what the pay scale/bonds are like for captains there? Is it usual east coast = slave wage?

Shark14
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Shark14 »

I hear its because the experienced captains have been hired with Canjet. Yup, east coast=slave wages. A pilot sweatshop :roll: .

r22captain
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by r22captain »

who's the CP in YHZ now?

BuddyJay
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by BuddyJay »

I think the CP splits his time between YHZ and YYT, and it's Mr. Cassells I believe. I may be wrong.

A few ex classmates were working there when I worked out of the hanger at YHZ and it appeared to be a place to build twin time.

BJ

like2fly
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by like2fly »

"BE99 FO - 750TT, 250 PIC on BE 99/King Air variants"

Anyone know why such high requirements especially with the PIC on twin turbines? Is it because they are looking to upgrade people to the left seat ASAP or is it insurance?...maybe a combination of both? If they are looking to upgrade to the left seat, I don't think that it is possible if an FO has 250 PIC as they will not get the 500 PIC they need to move sideways. Any thoughts/comments?

Thanks

nightrunner
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by nightrunner »

It's a good place to work, especially if you are looking to build time. The night cargo runs provide the most flying at 1000-1200hrs/yr. The reason for the movement is that 6 or 7 senior captains will be moving on soon and the reason for the time requirements is that they want guys with some experience for both insurance and operational reasons. Should Canjet and Westjet keep hiring then the time spent in the right seat at places like Prince Edward Air will not be very long.

Shark14
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Shark14 »

Nightrunner
You sound like a commercial for the place. Do they pay you recruitment commission along with your per diems? :lol:

nightrunner
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by nightrunner »

Hey Shark thanks for the compliment. I'm just stating facts. If you are looking to build time you will have no problem accumulating hours on the runs that they do. If that's not what you want then they are probably not for you. :wink:

Return to “Employment Forum”