Perimeter

Got a hot employment or interview tip to help a fellow aviator find a job or looking for a little job advice place your posting here.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

Saxub
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: Perimeter

Post by Saxub »

goingnowherefast wrote:What's the news on their new Sioux Lookout base? Anybody actually going to fly those planes?
I've been told they'll be operational within a month. The hanger they are leasing from Bearskin has been buzzing the last few days. Doors open/closed/open/closed, lights on late into the evening. More activity in the last few days than I've seen in the last two years. Bearskin base workers at the terminal who Perimeter have been contracting to take care of their flights said it sounds like it will be a fully operational base. Maintenance on site, deicing trucks, counter, ground workers etc. As for who will fly them, who knows? I'm sure there's enough rampies willing to move to YXL to fly but I don't know what they will do for captains. Maybe they will try to steal away some of the higher time SkyCare Metro guys.
---------- ADS -----------

flyinhigh
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by flyinhigh »

Saxub wrote: As for who will fly them, who knows? I'm sure there's enough rampies willing to move to YXL to fly but I don't know what they will do for captains. Maybe they will try to steal away some of the higher time SkyCare Metro guys.
Thats easy, the few folks left at Wasaya maybe interested in jumping over.

co-joe
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by co-joe »

up on one wrote:Everyone could bitch about their employer but I'm going to start with a few pros. For example, I am home every night sleeping in my bed. I am only scheduled to work 16 days a month unless I agree to overtime. The pay is not bad in the left seat, better than many other employers. Many complaints are from the several changes that eic has forced upon us to cut cost and we all know everybody hates change

I will not speak ill of Perimeter but as you guys have seen with every other EIC owned company, they cut cost at any cost. It does what the master tells it.

It puts the lotion in the basket or it gets the hose again...

bobcaygeon
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by bobcaygeon »

Cut costs at any price?
Who else puts $300K glass cockpits in 30-35 year old Metro 3's and now Metro 2's after putting +$400K G1000 cockpits into Keewatin's B200's that are +25 years old?

fish4life
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by fish4life »

The extra payload and less maintenance cost of the glass was the reason why, I believe it was only about 2 years to pay off the system.

goingnowherefast
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by goingnowherefast »

Plus increased dispatch reliability.
Weight is a surprisingly large amount too, it's 200-300lbs in old crap you are pulling out of a King Air with a G1000 install. That's a whole extra fare paying passenger.

Saxub
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Saxub »

Apparently Perimeter is so fucked right now they are hiring 1000 hour single engine 206 pilots with no multi as DEC Metro.

Meanwhile the ramp and flight attendants who have been there two years slaving away are getting jumped by DE pilots. FO's and Captains.

I think the shortage has arrived.

mbav8r
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by mbav8r »

Saxub wrote:Apparently Perimeter is so fucked right now they are hiring 1000 hour single engine 206 pilots with no multi as DEC Metro.

Meanwhile the ramp and flight attendants who have been there two years slaving away are getting jumped by DE pilots. FO's and Captains.

I think the shortage has arrived.
I hope that is just a nasty rumour, that is a whole lot of plane for inexperienced pilots!

goingnowherefast
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by goingnowherefast »

Anybody "on the inside" care to substantiate?

Saxub
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Saxub »

It was from the inside, but I'm sure someone can chime in if they like.

Saxub
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Saxub »

It was from the inside, but I'm sure someone can chime in if they like.

darshanpatelh
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by darshanpatelh »

I can vouch to that info above 100% correct.

Saxub
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Saxub »

darshanpatelh wrote:I can vouch to that info above 100% correct.
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Crazy times are coming folks...

GravelOpsRock
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by GravelOpsRock »

INCORRECT.... :roll:

Last edited by GravelOpsRock on Tue Oct 11, 2016 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GravelOpsRock
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by GravelOpsRock »

LOL Who starts these rumors, and how can someone who doesn't even work there anymore vouch that its 100% correct.... that is the real question that needs to be answered.... :roll:

midnightt
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by midnightt »

GravelOpsRock wrote:INCORRECT.... :roll:

not completely, more like 66% correct. Off the street hires, Yes. Bumping guys who have slaved on the ramp for years, yes. DEC, no but will likely be upgraded quickly if they are somewhat competent and can jump through the hoops.

The Hammer
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by The Hammer »

If the OTS are more experienced then you can't complain too much, the company has to find the most qualified people.

If you're going to complain, complain to/about the current flight crews who are leaving so quickly that a 250 hrs wonder like yourself can't get on the flight line because you aren't upgradeable in a year.
If the turnover wasn't so ridiculously high then you would get your shot just like people have for the last 3 decades. DEC is/has been very uncommon around there.

Saxub
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Saxub »

GravelOpsRock wrote:
LOL Who starts these rumors, and how can someone who doesn't even work there anymore vouch that its 100% correct.... that is the real question that needs to be answered.... :roll:

Well I was told it by someone who currently works there. That's why I said "If someone can chime in." Could have been exaggerated?

I was told more or less the following. 1000 hour ish single engine pilot was hired under a Captain contract to fly right seat for a few months then upgrade to the left seat.

Return to “Employment Forum”