Bearskin

Got a hot employment or interview tip to help a fellow aviator find a job or looking for a little job advice place your posting here.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

Condorito
Rank 2
Rank 2

Bearskin

Post by Condorito »

Wondering if anyone knows whether they still have the "upfront bond" thing or not.

Thanks people!
---------- ADS -----------

Saxub
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: Bearskin

Post by Saxub »

Ask when you get the interview?

Condorito
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Condorito »

Saxub wrote:Ask when you get the interview?
No, if I know of this practice beforehand, I won't even bother applying.

Saxub
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Saxub »

Most places have bonds these days. Perimeter, Wasaya etc.

up on one
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by up on one »

Does that make it acceptable?

Saxub
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Saxub »

I never said it was. But if you want to get ahead sometimes you have to do what you have to do. Because the next guy who has no problem paying it will get the job while you're still sitting there waiting.

Maynard
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by Maynard »

Really, your too lazy to scroll down another 10 threads, or use the search function?

I guess I should write something here.
JVOPS1
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by JVOPS1 »

Condorito wrote:
Saxub wrote:Ask when you get the interview?
No, if I know of this practice beforehand, I won't even bother applying.

Please don't as I will never get that hour of my life back.

Condorito
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Condorito »

Thanks for everyone's reply. Yes I read about the Bond (used the search function) but I also just read one poster that recently said that they no longer do this, so I was confused about it, that's all.

I don't think pilots should have to pay to work (even if you get the money back) What other industry does this ridiculous thing???

Maynard
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by Maynard »

Are you trolling here? The horse has been dead and buried long ago, lets stop banging it. Besides, Illya is relaxing, lets not wake him up. Yes, there's a bond. Don't like? Don't apply. Don't bitch. Really if you were honestly wanting to stay at least 2 years, you wouldn't care. So that tells us that you just want some time so you can apply to Jazz.

snakesonaplane
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by snakesonaplane »

Condorito wrote:Wondering if anyone knows whether they still have the "upfront bond" thing or not.

Thanks people!
Yes it's a 10K upfront bond. Cash from your savings account or a bank loan in your name, doesn't matter as long as you show up to GS with a certified cheque.

Condorito
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Condorito »

Maynard wrote:Are you trolling here? The horse has been dead and buried long ago, lets stop banging it. Besides, Illya is relaxing, lets not wake him up. Yes, there's a bond. Don't like? Don't apply. Don't bitch. Really if you were honestly wanting to stay at least 2 years, you wouldn't care. So that tells us that you just want some time so you can apply to Jazz.
Yeah OK buddy... whatever you say :roll:

Rookie50
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Rookie50 »

Maynard wrote:Are you trolling here? The horse has been dead and buried long ago, lets stop banging it. Besides, Illya is relaxing, lets not wake him up. Yes, there's a bond. Don't like? Don't apply. Don't bitch. Really if you were honestly wanting to stay at least 2 years, you wouldn't care. So that tells us that you just want some time so you can apply to Jazz.
Exactly and perfectly stated.

goingnowherefast
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by goingnowherefast »

Maybe their interview and employee vetting process could use some adjustment? If they want long term employees, then adjust hiring practices to attract and ensure they are being hired. Bonds are negative enforcement, plane and simple. Employers get the pilots they deserve and pilots work for the employer they deserve (with exceptions of course).

snakesonaplane
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by snakesonaplane »

goingnowherefast wrote:Maybe their interview and employee vetting process could use some adjustment? If they want long term employees, then adjust hiring practices to attract and ensure they are being hired. Bonds are negative enforcement, plane and simple. Employers get the pilots they deserve and pilots work for the employer they deserve (with exceptions of course).
Not at all the case. Pilots are motivated by their own self interests. In the current state we're in, even great companies who treat their employees fairly are losing pilots at a rapid pace to the regionals.

It's not negative enforcement, it's a company looking out for their own self interests. The company isn't screwing you over, they will pay you back plus interest.

fish4life
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by fish4life »

I worked for a company that paid top wages and couldn't keep FO's, the pilots actually wanted the bond increased there

Rookie50
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Rookie50 »

snakesonaplane wrote:
Pilots are motivated by their own self interests.
Yup. Read this thread. Young pilot wants a bit of mentorship. Response? "I charge $500".

http://www.avcanada.ca/forums2/viewtopi ... 5&t=110533

Nice --

Maynard
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by Maynard »

snakesonaplane wrote:The company isn't screwing you over, they will pay you back plus interest.
Why is it so hard for people to comprehend this?? Because it angers them that they need to commit to 2 years. Plain and Simple.

Saxub
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Saxub »

2 years isn't even that long. You'll be bombing around in a multi turbine, out of a reasonably big city. Not flogging a single piston up in the bush, 1000nm from anywhere. Perspective is everything, and it depends what you want in the long run.

Maynard
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by Maynard »

Just to add some truth to that view, most of the people who come and leave before the bond are the instructors from south of NWO. Most of the guys who flew the bush tend to stick around. (Moving from BFN to Thunder Bay = Awesome; Moving from SO to Thunder Bay = This sucks)

Return to “Employment Forum”