Jazz Up Grade Times

Got a hot employment or interview tip to help a fellow aviator find a job or looking for a little job advice place your posting here.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

zipper
Rank 1
Rank 1

Jazz Up Grade Times

Post by zipper »

Hi,

Could anyone shed some light on how long it takes to upgrade to left seat at Jazz? (Assuming someone has an ATPL and 1000hrs DHC8-100 time)
---------- ADS -----------

skypirate88
Rank 6
Rank 6

Re: Jazz Up Grade Times

Post by skypirate88 »

The upgrade isn't really about how much time you have in your logbook. As long as you have an ATPL and the seniority to hold it you will get awarded the spot. At the moment, I think upgrades are the fastest in YVR. The wait is around the 12-16 month seniority mark out there.

A mile of road will take you a mile, but a mile of runway can take you anywhere
Rowdy
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Rowdy »

We'll see how this next little bid goes to confirm whether or not upgrades are going to happen at the 1-2yr mark. I still think it was an anomaly. If I were a betting man, I'd say around 2-5years, assuming AC continues to hire via the PML.

Black_Tusk
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Black_Tusk »

I flew with the Sr union member the other day. I asked him what his he thinks the upgrade times will be on this new bid. He said he wouldn't be surprised to see 6-8 months.

I also know a few people who took the left seat upgrade off their bid in fear that Jazz will hold them for two years before letting them go to AC if they get the offer.

We'll see in a few weeks.

Return to “Employment Forum”