AVCANADA

It is currently Fri Oct 20, 2017 5:46 pm

All times are UTC-07:00

Post subject: Montair
PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 6:45 pm 
Rank 2
Rank 2

Friendly word of advice to all you young wipper snappers looking at that $37 an hour...

Things that seem too good to be true, are

Stay away.

Trust me.

- Random internet stranger.

Post subject: Re: Montair
PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:52 pm 
Rank 0
Rank 0

^Couldn't agree more.

Stay well Clear.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 6:36 am 
Rank 1
Rank 1

Great. Another thread on how crap a company is with no real substance or explanation.

Maybe in the future you'll backup your point instead of using cryptic messages alone.

This does nothing to serve the community well and I hope this thread that bashes a company for no stated specific reason is deleted soon.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:01 am 
Rank 7
Rank 7

Use the search function - you'll get all the information you desire.

Mind you, it is all technically rumours and innuendo, regardless of the source...

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:24 am 
Rank 2
Rank 2

I'd be happy to enlighten you more.

Back when I was a young(er) whippersnapper there was a recession, and I lacked experience and thought to myself that an instructor rating was a good idea. Montair had a job as out advertising the highest hourly rate for instructors, a chance to advance onto a king air and get some multi turbine pic, and the opportunity to live in Vancouver. They had multiple contracts with Asian airlines and lots of full time students. Wow. This is the perfect first gig I thought.

Boy was I wrong.

The CFI at the time was a... well... not a nice person. He was pretty firm in his beliefs that belittling anybody with their own thoughts was the correct method to inspire new instructors. As for the wage, at the time it was 28 an hour. That's a flight hour. Despite all their promisies I flew 17 hours in three months. Now, with rent being someone in the 800 a month range (ymmv) it made it "hard" to live. Now keep in mind they expected you to be at the airport ready to fly in case a new student walked in, and they expected 8 hours a day... that was unpaid. At the time you got 10 an hour for briefings or teaching ground school.

As another said: use the search function. After 3 months I was offered a position flying out of a fly in reserve for 1500 a month, and that was a MASSIVE life style boost. Both in living conditions and wage... which is depressing as hell.

I stand by my original statement. Just stay away. I like to see new pilots thrive, and this is not the place to do that.