Looking for help building time

Got a hot employment or interview tip to help a fellow aviator find a job or looking for a little job advice place your posting here.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

AirDoan
Rank 3
Rank 3

Looking for help building time

Post by AirDoan »

Hello all.

So I have been looking for flying work for since I finished my CPL at the end of last year. As a CPL with <250 hours and no mutli IFR, it's a challenge. I have a lead on a skydiving gig locally which would hopefully provide a way to build some hours and make some extra cash (while working a day job) but the fellow has mentioned that he would like me to have three things.

250 hours: does anyone on the southern Gulf Islands have or know of someone willing to get me about 20 hours of block time cheaper than Victoria Flying Club? Just curious.

182 time. Basically I have some DHC-2 time through a mentor to whom I'm very grateful but I don't know anyone with a 182. So don't know what I'll do with that.

Jump specific training they will provide but I would be responsible for. I assume he means I pay for the training. This one I'm curious about. I have emailed them for clarification, but not sure that will cost.

Anyway if anyone can help or provide some suggestions I would be greatly appreciative. In the meantime I plan on getting re checked out at the club next week and spending every cent that's not going to food or bill into hours.
---------- ADS -----------

FishermanIvan
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: Looking for help building time

Post by FishermanIvan »

Jesus, no, don't pay for a skydiving course. I did, and I never used it, and regret every penny spent. It's stupid.

Go to VFC or Ocean Air and get a float rating and 25 hours on floats; then start looking for a job anywhere in the country. I got hired with 22.3 hours of float time, flying a 185 on floats.

Just keep looking for work, it's out there for sure!
---------- ADS -----------

Return to “Employment Forum”