What was the most fun job you had flying

Got a hot employment or interview tip to help a fellow aviator find a job or looking for a little job advice place your posting here.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

xsbank
Top Poster
Top Poster

Re: What was the most fun job you had flying

Post by xsbank »

You guys need to recognise an opportunity when you see it - winter layoffs for me meant going back to school to get a degree, which got me my Last Great Flying Job. Some of my friends had sailboats in the Caribbean. Some had the opportunity to be stay-at-home dads. You will regret wasting this time in your career if you don’t grab something.
---------- ADS -----------

"What's it doing now?"
"Fly low and slow and throttle back in the turns."
Adam Oke
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Re: What was the most fun job you had flying

Post by Adam Oke »

Cat Driver wrote:Did you get to fly the Cubs and Stearman's Adam?

The Stearman was an awesome machine for Ag. work but I guess their day is long gone.
I would have loved to try my hand with a Stearman but I don't think anyone uses them any more.

In my career I worked the Super Cub, Pawnee, GA-200, Ag Wagon, Ag Truck, Ag-Truck with a Bonair Conversion, Ag-Cat, Air Tractor AT-401 with a Walter turbine conversion, AT-504, and the -34 Thrush. I mostly sat in the Ag-Truck with the Bonair, and the AT-401 Walter for the majority of my spray career. Spotting, Seeding, Spreading, Liquid, and Water Bombing applications. It was a good run!

I think you would enjoy a turbine Air Tractor. That is a true working machine on row crop!
---------- ADS -----------

--Air to Ground Chemical Transfer Technician turned 4 Bar Switch Flicker and Flap Operator--

Return to “Employment Forum”