Jazz Aviation LP Interview Process

Got a hot employment or interview tip to help a fellow aviator find a job or looking for a little job advice place your posting here.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

avcraig
Rank 1
Rank 1

Jazz Aviation LP Interview Process

Post by avcraig »

Hello to everybody on Avcanada,

Who can let me know of the entire Air Canada Jazz Interview process, from the point you apply to the very end of the interview. Maybe a few sample job interview questions, etc. Just wondering what to expect if I were to eventually apply there as a pilot. I heard there is a simulator evaluation, which I'm assuming would be on the Dash 8 Aircraft simulator, and as well as a aptitude test? Anybody that has any information on the interview please let me know.

Thanks y'all.
---------- ADS -----------

daedalusx
Rank 7
Rank 7

Re: Jazz Aviation LP Interview Process

Post by daedalusx »

Or you can use the search function you donut

As if there wasn't 100s of posts on that subject

In twenty years time when your kids ask how you got into flying you want to be able to say "work and determination" not "I just kept taking money from your grandparents for type ratings until someone was stupid enough to give me a job"
'97 Tercel
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by '97 Tercel »

avcraig wrote:Hello to everybody on Avcanada,

Who can let me know of the entire Air Canada Jazz Interview process, from the point you apply to the very end of the interview. Maybe a few sample job interview questions, etc. Just wondering what to expect if I were to eventually apply there as a pilot. I heard there is a simulator evaluation, which I'm assuming would be on the Dash 8 Aircraft simulator, and as well as a aptitude test? Anybody that has any information on the interview please let me know.

Thanks y'all.
There's no more interviews or even applying. You already have a job there right now.

Partytime226
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Partytime226 »

daedalusx wrote:Or you can use the search function you donut

As if there wasn't 100s of posts on that subject
You can clearly see the guy is new to the forum. Except of saying smart remarks to new aviators on the site, would it be so difficult to help eachother out?

Avcraig, welcome to the forums. I hope you find the anwsers you are looking for.

Airaghardt
Anticyclone
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Anticyclone »

Hey Avcraig welcome on board,

Be yourself and you will be fine in any job interview in the industry.

Best of luck.

Rowdy
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Rowdy »

A quick forum or google search will give you a list of all the questions you could be asked at the Jazz interview.

The process goes like this though
1- get through the online application screening
2- initial phone call and brief phone interview - confirm you do indeed have a Cat 1 medical, MIFR, passport etc.
3- In person interview - about 35-45 minutes, behavioural questions and some about your experience and reasons for choosing jazz etc.
4- Sim eval - basic IFR ride. Takeoff, steep turns, hold, engine failure, Precision approach, landing. Not in that particular order
5- Reference Check (has to be direct managers, i.e.; Chief Pilot, Ops Manager, they won't use training captains etc and they WILL call them)
6- Medical ( independent drug screening basically)
7- Offer made by phone for specific ground school date.

Timeframe has been anywhere from 2 weeks to 6 months.

leftoftrack
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by leftoftrack »

Do not answer why Jazz? With, I don't care where I am I just felt I should be at a regional cause the industry is moving. Apperently, HR don't want honesty

supersonic
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by supersonic »

The interview process thus far has been relatively painless. Read the sample questions and know your answers. Don't memorize them as they seem to want some sort of spontaneity in your answers but have your ducks in a row. Use examples of what you've done and how it has improved either you as a pilot or how it has helped others in your organization. They want to see examples of some sort of leadership qualities and how you work in a team dynamic. The usual "Tell me about a time" or "Describe a situation where" etc, and yes, the "Why do you want to work at Jazz" and be honest about it. I've used that question before in my "Pros and Cons" list and it's put me off from applying to other carriers. Don't waste your precious time or theirs if you know it's not what you want or if it's going to make you miserable. There's enough information on this site alone to help you weed out the good from the bad. Be relaxed, be professional and you'll do fine.

co-joe
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by co-joe »

They have a dumb question about using leadership to promote diversity in the workplace...made no sense at all. I wasn't even sure what they were asking. One of those run on sentences HR people put together to try to make themselves sound smart.

supersonic
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by supersonic »

I did have a question on diversity but it had to do with if I had worked with others that had different ethnic and / or religious backgrounds and how did I deal with it? I don't see it as an issue but I guess some people might.

daedalusx
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by daedalusx »

co-joe wrote:They have a dumb question about using leadership to promote diversity in the workplace...made no sense at all. I wasn't even sure what they were asking. One of those run on sentences HR people put together to try to make themselves sound smart.
Well I answered that I helped the native community fight our oppressive white patriarchy society by lying to the male RCMP officer when they asked me about how much caribou was poached and flown back from Gameti by the 'locals' thus gaining the love and respect of my fellow tribesmen coworkers. I also said I gave all of my savings to Bernie Sanders just to be on the safe side.

In twenty years time when your kids ask how you got into flying you want to be able to say "work and determination" not "I just kept taking money from your grandparents for type ratings until someone was stupid enough to give me a job"
digits_
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by digits_ »

daedalusx wrote:
co-joe wrote:They have a dumb question about using leadership to promote diversity in the workplace...made no sense at all. I wasn't even sure what they were asking. One of those run on sentences HR people put together to try to make themselves sound smart.
Well I answered that I helped the native community fight our oppressive white patriarchy society by lying to the male RCMP officer when they asked me about how much caribou was poached and flown back from Gameti by the 'locals' thus gaining the love and respect of my fellow tribesmen coworkers. I also said I gave all of my savings to Bernie Sanders just to be on the safe side.

Did you object when they asked for your gender? It's bonus points if you were offended by that binary question :mrgreen:

As an AvCanada discussion grows longer:
-the probability of 'entitlement' being mentioned, approaches 1
-one will be accused of using bad airmanship
daedalusx
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by daedalusx »

digits_ wrote:
daedalusx wrote:

Did you object when they asked for your gender? It's bonus points if you were offended by that binary question :mrgreen:
Actually I'm saving it for my next major interview. Cisgender pilots who wants to feed their family needs to get on the Genderqueer/Genderfluid/Pansexual gravy train. It's all the bonus points without the wig or the hormones.

Return to “Employment Forum”