Perimeter/Northstar

Got a hot employment or interview tip to help a fellow aviator find a job or looking for a little job advice place your posting here.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

B-1900
Rank 0
Rank 0

Perimeter/Northstar

Post by B-1900 »

Hello Everyone,

If some one is currently working with Perimeter or North Star, Can you please let me know which one would be go to company at this point of time. If some one can tell me pros and cons for both of them would be great and appreciated.
---------- ADS -----------

dogfood
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: Perimeter/Northstar

Post by dogfood »

What position are you interested in..

Victory
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by Victory »

Perimeter by a long shot.

spiderpilot1988
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by spiderpilot1988 »

Northstar much better

dogfood
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by dogfood »

i would agree as well

B-1900
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by B-1900 »

Thank you very much for your responds, I really appreciate it. I was thinking Northstar as well. However, I was just getting confuse as perimeter is huge and very well known company . If you don't mind giving me some pros of Northstar that makes it better. and did you or some one you know use to work for Northstar?

up on one
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by up on one »

Ramp times are similar but perimeter has been hiring direct for medevac positions. Pay is about ten grand more on scheds and about twenty grand more if you were hired as a first officer at perimeter. Captain upgrades are around 12-18 months or about 1500tt. You are scheduled 16 days a month. You get paid overtime instead of days off in lieu of. Some prefer days off in lieu but days off in lieu don’t exactly pay the bills. Unlimited sick days with pay. Jump seat privileges on all the Canadian carriers. You sign a one year bond pro rated for the ppc and aren’t bonded when you go left seat. They have proper de-icing equipment at all of their scheduled destinations. The training department and the line indoc guys I have flown with are second to none. If I were to lose my current job I would head back to Perimeter before I would fly for any regional.

Return to “Employment Forum”