Duty regs " what if , then"

Got a hot employment or interview tip to help a fellow aviator find a job or looking for a little job advice place your posting here.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

Rank 3
Rank 3

Duty regs " what if , then"

Post by 7507 »

So what will happen if these new duty regs come into effect? I hear they have to hire additional pilots to allow present ones more relax time. Pardon me I'm not familiar with the new law and what would it do to the shortage if anything.
Thanks
---------- ADS -----------

phillyfan
Rank 8
Rank 8

Re: Duty regs " what if , then"

Post by phillyfan »

At most operations, they will receive fewer days off then they do now, but work fewer hours each day. Take your pick. I think the celebrating among pilots will be short lived. Guys who enjoy 4 On 3 Off, 10 On 5 Off, 7 On 7 Off, will not think highly of the new option I would imagine?

Black_Tusk
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Black_Tusk »

I don't expect much if anything to change at Jazz. Perhaps some changes to CD's and how much you can flip back and forth from night to day flying in a month but when it comes to daily duty, legs, rest periods etc I think it will be much of the same.

montado
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by montado »

Black_Tusk wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:38 pm I don't expect much if anything to change at Jazz.
Jazz, the lifestyle airline!

Maybe you will not be able to wdo as much as you used to. But not much will change there.

FL007
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by FL007 »

phillyfan wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:51 pm At most operations, they will receive fewer days off then they do now, but work fewer hours each day. Take your pick. I think the celebrating among pilots will be short lived. Guys who enjoy 4 On 3 Off, 10 On 5 Off, 7 On 7 Off, will not think highly of the new option I would imagine?
Everyone who says they're going to have fewer days off... Average of 11hr duty days @6 hrs flight time a day = 108hrs on an 18 day schedule with 12 days off.

That's conservative as well, duty days can still be 13hrs if they line up with the normal circadian rhythm.

Black_Tusk
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Black_Tusk »

Don't worry, all the 703/704s out there will figure out a way to maximize their schedules even with these new regs.

Air.Field
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Air.Field »

Most airlines have min days off per mth, that won't change. If anything most will have to make flying more efficient instead of sitting around terminals

Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by 7507 »

So what's happening is pilots will be flying or showing up.for work 18 to 20 days a month working today's new salaries .
Will it be worth it then if they stretch it out over the month working 18 to 20 days a month?

garfield
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by garfield »

Less days OFF....in this scenario just go up north where they have 14/14 schedule, it's not gonna change or they're gonna lose all their pilots.

Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by 7507 »

garfield wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:43 pm Less days OFF....in this scenario just go up north where they have 14/14 schedule, it's not gonna change or they're gonna lose all their pilots.
Who's going to lose all their pilots ? The northern operators or jazz and porter?

garfield
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by garfield »

That's the 1000$ question.

DanWEC
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by DanWEC »

What I don't get is why is this a problem for pilots to solve? We get actual law changes to reflect the severity of fatigue and the ATAC acts like the sky is falling, looking to us to make up the slack in different ways.

HansDietrich
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by HansDietrich »

Hard to say, but I imagine those who commute from out of town will have a hell of a time. I don't think these new rules will be kind to them.

Das ist mir wurst...

Return to “Employment Forum”