Questions on Air Georgian CRJ latest interview process

Got a hot employment or interview tip to help a fellow aviator find a job or looking for a little job advice place your posting here.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

My Whiskey girl
Rank 0
Rank 0

Questions on Air Georgian CRJ latest interview process

Post by My Whiskey girl »

I am looking for latest Air Georgian CRJ interview process. I have read all the bad posts on them and I'm Not interested in the crap, just constructive input. I would like to hear from anyone who has gone through the process lately? Possible interview questions, sim evaluation and the behavioral assessment would be helpful.
Save the crap remarks for another post.
thanks
---------- ADS -----------

Last edited by My Whiskey girl on Fri Feb 02, 2018 4:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
CanadianPilotQc
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: Air Georgian CRJ latest interview process

Post by CanadianPilotQc »

from what I know, no sim eval for the RJ job. You can expect some technical question during your interview. Mostly atpl questions.

good luck

mbav8r
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by mbav8r »

You know, you’re asking for the impossible, are you new?
I’ll get this party started, you’ve read all the bad posts about them and you’re still interested, you derserve what you get I suppose. I’ll ask the several Jazz pilots who joined recently from GGN and get back to you but I’m guessing a pulse and a licence should do the trick!

AvifiskAlly
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by AvifiskAlly »

mbav8r wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2018 5:50 pm You know, you’re asking for the impossible, are you new?
I’ll get this party started, you’ve read all the bad posts about them and you’re still interested, you derserve what you get I suppose. I’ll ask the several Jazz pilots who joined recently from GGN and get back to you but I’m guessing a pulse and a licence should do the trick!
Here is the story of Georgian. Most (not all but most) pilots go to GGN to work for AC. Those who are successful achieving that goal generally grow beyond the need to post on Av Canada.

Some who are not successful have great backup plans and move on quickly to Sunwing or some other “second choice” employer, most of them accept that with a cup half full view and again grow beyond the need to post on Av Canada.

A minority of those pilots want to blame someone for not going to AC so they look externally instead of internally and blame either GGN, the PMA or AC and they find comfort in the friends they make on Av Canada with the other cup half empty people.

Then you have what the rest of us call “The Av Canada Core”. For GGN that is made up of (1) people that didn’t get hired (2) people that failed out or got fired (3) people that didn’t get upgraded (4) people that didn’t get hired by AC or by their backup plan (4) Pilots that truly ligetimetly didn’t like their experience for whatever reason but are bitter about it (5) pilots at Jazz that think GGN is to blame for their regression contract vs. the hay days of cost plus (6) pilots that just cant move past the fact that they did not achieve what they set out to do and don’t have an ability to look at themselves and instead blame someone else. All of these posters find likeminded people on Av Canada and it makes them feel good to have people agree with them.

This is what you need to keep in mind when taking employment advice about any company on Av Canada. It can be a great source of info for some things but the posters represent a very very very small portion of the pilot population, the people that are happy and going about life don’t post here often, at least not often enough to give the proper scale to any discussed topic related to employment.

Don’t get me wrong there has been a lot of great info on this site and a lot of great discussions but the proportionality is always, 100% of the time wrong. That does not make the information invalid just keep in mind the views represent those of a very small proportion of any group, good or bad, pro or con

Case In Point

gtanorth
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by gtanorth »

mbav8r wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2018 5:50 pm You know, you’re asking for the impossible, are you new?
In 24 months 19 pilots went from Georgian to Jazz. 9 after getting the PFO from AC some of those after not getting on with Sunwing. 2 Are guys that got passed over for upgrade. A couple are legitimate base vs commuting guys that can’t get to AC for one reason or another. Not a great source of info. Definitely not the cream of the crop.

xlwing
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by xlwing »

You forgot to mention the unrelenting brainwashing PR disciples of GGN whose sole purpose in life is to negate any bad feedback on GGN and censor it to oblivion just because they say so and because nobody is entitled to their own valid opinions :bear:
This fact alone should bear notion to the type of work place it is...

PS interview is pretty standard and nothing to worry about.

Jumbo744
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Jumbo744 »

AvifiskAlly is correct and GTAnorth has some very precise info.

I had a good time at GGN. The only reason I left for Jazz is because I absolutely hate commuting and I live in Montreal. If you are a positive person in life, and you don't mind working a bit hard, like fast-paced environments (the flights on the RJ are awesome with a lot of 30 min flights to the US, no time to get bored), lots of jet time with a very quick upgrade, overtime if you want it, then go for it.

From my experience the interview is composed of:
- Computer personality test
- HR general questions (just like any other airline)
- I had 3 technical questions.

Good luck.

gtanorth
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by gtanorth »

xlwing wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:34 am You forgot to mention the unrelenting brainwashing PR disciples of GGN whose sole purpose in life is to negate any bad feedback on GGN and censor it to oblivion just because they say so and because nobody is entitled to their own valid opinions :bear:
This fact alone should bear notion to the type of work place it is...

PS interview is pretty standard and nothing to worry about.

So... they communicate their message too much. Sooo too much communication is your big complaint? Seems like things are pretty good there then.

My Whiskey girl
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by My Whiskey girl »

CanadianPilotQc wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:46 pm from what I know, no sim eval for the RJ job. You can expect some technical question during your interview. Mostly atpl questions.

good luck
Thanks for the information

805ITT
Rank 2
Rank 2

Re: Questions on Air Georgian CRJ latest interview process

Post by 805ITT »

Hi,

There are now SIM evals for the RJ positions.

The interview is fairly straightforward.

Questions on topics such as:

Why do you want to work at AGL;
Short an long term goals;
Customer service;
SOP compliance;
Conflict management; and
Lesson learned.

AGL is hiring between 10-15 pilots every month and losing 6-12 pilots to AC every month. Lots of openings for DECs on the CRJ and 1900 as well as internal upgrades if interested. Feel free to PM me with any questions.

Roger1989
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Roger1989 »

Just be patient and wait for a call from Jazz, Sky Encore . Don’t make that mistake.

Last edited by Roger1989 on Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
AvifiskAlly
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by AvifiskAlly »

Roger1989 wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:11 am Just be patient and wait for a call from Jazz, Sky Encore . Don’t make that mistake.
Just don’t go a fail out like Roger 1989

Roger1989
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Roger1989 »

----

Last edited by Roger1989 on Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AvifiskAlly
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by AvifiskAlly »

Roger1989 wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:04 am
AvifiskAlly wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:35 am
Roger1989 wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:11 am Just be patient and wait for a call from Jazz, Sky Encore . Don’t make that mistake.
Don’t go a fail out?
You GGN higher ups love to quite failing and washing out. It would be interesting to find out your washout rate. Don’t you just simply let them learn on the line??? That’s what ax ex training captain told me when he was there a short while ago.
Instead of writing that meaningless message why don’t you go work on getting everyone’s lounge privileges back. Your disgruntled crews would sit there in higher numbers of 10,11,12 young men and women and bash your company usually about working conditions and maintenace. Exhausted they would often leave a trail of chaos and dirty cutlery. How can we blame them when working in such conditions? You don’t see sky or jazz engaging in such behaviour.
No one failed no one washed out. People simply care about others and hope they don’t end up working for GGN. It is no longer the much needed stepping stone but rather a last resort or for some a mistake. No one deserves to work for air georgian.
Hit a nerve. Ouch. Lmfao. Oh ya, you did fail... we all remember. Your funny man

eyebrow737
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by eyebrow737 »

No one failed no one washed out. People simply care about others and hope they don’t end up working for GGN. It is no longer the much needed stepping stone but rather a last resort or for some a mistake. No one deserves to work for air georgian.
I don't know anything about Georgian or yourself. But the way you present yourself in a public forum reeks of unprofessionalism and generally an untasteful bitter person.

Ironic that this is the type of person you are trashing.

gtanorth
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by gtanorth »

eyebrow737 wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2018 4:48 pm

I don't know anything about Georgian or yourself. But the way you present yourself in a public forum reeks of unprofessionalism and generally an untasteful bitter person.

Ironic that this is the type of person you are trashing.
Roger 1989 is a classic AvCanada hater. Been bashing Georgian for years. Disregard him, he is a sad guy.

YYZFlyer
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by YYZFlyer »

Company has made a lot of improvements. Good management team. Dont listen to haters

Return to “Employment Forum”