Jazz or CargoJet?

Got a hot employment or interview tip to help a fellow aviator find a job or looking for a little job advice place your posting here.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

eyebrow737
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: Jazz or CargoJet?

Post by eyebrow737 »

Picesprick wrote: Fri Sep 07, 2018 9:29 am :roll: :roll: Any other life tips on what I should or shouldn't do.

Maybe he was curious as to how fancy he could live on the road, I think ppl know perdiems are not income.
That wasn't aimed at you. You know as well as I do many people view per diem as extra bonus money on top of their salary.

Don't be so sensitive. There's your life tip.
---------- ADS -----------

Picesprick
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Picesprick »

[

Last edited by Picesprick on Mon Apr 06, 2020 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Julien31130
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Julien31130 »

Hi everyone,

I would like to know if your family's members can also jumpseat on Cargojet's airplanes to travel or it's only for employees? Also about commuting, is it possible to have blocks of days off so you can come back home or it's only 2,3 days off in a row.

Thanks for your infos !

GATRKGA
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by GATRKGA »

Per diems is not salary. Just in case someone thought that’s why I was asking. Just seemed like 20k in per diems was a hefty amount.

Lots of cargojet Guys hired at sky regional in the last 12 months. They seem to not have liked it so much. Sounds like the flying gig could have been great if it weren’t for the company politics and old boys club mentality that seemingly exists.

Can you touch on that a bit? What are some of the more negative aspects of Cargojet?

Picesprick
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Picesprick »

Last edited by Picesprick on Mon Apr 06, 2020 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Julien31130
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Julien31130 »

Hi everyone,

I would like to know if your family's members can jumpseat also on company's airplanes to travel or it's only for employees? Also about commuting, is it possible to have blocks of days off so you can come back home or it's only 2,3 days off in a row.

Thanks for your infos !

GATRKGA
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by GATRKGA »

Yes those complaints were from 727 Second Officers or First Officers. I don't think there are any 767/757 First Officer's that came to Sky Regional, you're right. Thanks for clarifying that. Sounds not too bad on the 767/757 side of things.

Picesprick
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Picesprick »

[

Last edited by Picesprick on Mon Apr 06, 2020 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GATRKGA
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by GATRKGA »

Did the myid travel thing get sorted out?

Who can you js on these days as a Cargojet pilot?

Westjet? AC? Transat? United?

Thanks!

Duukar
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Duukar »

MAL has starting salary on the B757 at 65k plus a 12k a year retention bonus. Contract is up for renegotiation in 2020. The salary will be at least 77k to start.

Upgrades are 4-5 year at this point I reckon. The staff is senior and there is no movement at the top to leave. All the upgrades are from unprecedented growth.

Per diems are $3.50 an hour away from base. I averaged 700-950 a month. Months are 85 hours. Usually sched is less than 85 a month. overtime if you go over. 1/4 for hotel time.

Cargo jet has some nice perks like flying over seas and the 767, which is actually also a nasty weakness.

Morningstar pays more with a better sched on B757 while CJ pays less with a worse sched on a WIDEBODY 767........... 4% rrsp and 3 weeks vac day 1 to boot.

I'm a MAL fanboy obviously. So take it with a grain of salt, but facts are facts.

LegoMan
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by LegoMan »

Duukar wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:40 pm MAL has starting salary on the B757 at 65k plus a 12k a year retention bonus. Contract is up for renegotiation in 2020. The salary will be at least 77k to start.

Upgrades are 4-5 year at this point I reckon. The staff is senior and there is no movement at the top to leave. All the upgrades are from unprecedented growth.

Per diems are $3.50 an hour away from base. I averaged 700-950 a month. Months are 85 hours. Usually sched is less than 85 a month. overtime if you go over. 1/4 for hotel time.

Cargo jet has some nice perks like flying over seas and the 767, which is actually also a nasty weakness.

Morningstar pays more with a better sched on B757 while CJ pays less with a worse sched on a WIDEBODY 767........... 4% rrsp and 3 weeks vac day 1 to boot.

I'm a MAL fanboy obviously. So take it with a grain of salt, but facts are facts.
I thought the 12k bonus was only for the Caravan crew.

Duukar
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Duukar »

LegoMan wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 6:22 am
Duukar wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:40 pm MAL has starting salary on the B757 at 65k plus a 12k a year retention bonus. Contract is up for renegotiation in 2020. The salary will be at least 77k to start.

I thought the 12k bonus was only for the Caravan crew.
Company wide now!

LegoMan
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by LegoMan »

How many nights away from home per month at Morningstar? Sounds like a decent place if you want to fly and still be around for the family.

Pc12pilotGirl
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Pc12pilotGirl »

Hi i was just wondering if anyone knows what are the current minimums requirements (Hours, do i need multi engine hours,etc.) for a f/o job at Cargo Jet. Thanks

FlackoJodye
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by FlackoJodye »

Good day,

Can anyone provide any current info on Cargo Jet? I am interested in applying in the near future. Did they improve their schedules/pay? Are they hiring bare minimums? Their job ad seems pretty vague. Is there a training bond for the 767 type rating? 1500 TT seems quite low so I’m guessing most applicants are NTR.

Thanks in advance!

Chaxterium
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Chaxterium »

Another +1 for Morningstar. I just finished my line indoc on the 757. They have treated me very well. So far the schedule is really good. I work 9 days in December. 7 nights away from home. Off Christmas and Boxing Day.

Return to “Employment Forum”