Sky Regional VS Porter

Got a hot employment or interview tip to help a fellow aviator find a job or looking for a little job advice place your posting here.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

Spirit
Rank 3
Rank 3

Sky Regional VS Porter

Post by Spirit »

Which Regional would you chose to work at giving an opportunity at both and why.

TY for your input
---------- ADS -----------

YVR_pushpull12
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: Sky Regional VS Porter

Post by YVR_pushpull12 »

Hello fellow Aviator,

Thank you for posting this question. I guess this comes down to a few variables. What sort of licence do you hold, how many hours, and do you want to fly overseas.

If you have acquired a significant amount of PIC time in a twin turbine already and have your ATPL sticker in hand then in my honest opinion Sky Regional is a no-brainer.

I know jet time is not the end all be all, but I am still a firm believer that it still has some worth. If you can diversify your flight hours with Turbine, Jet, IMC, multi-crew, FMC, and PIC time that is a nice asset to transition over to Air Canada or West Jet a little easier. Especially for overseas gigs.

Another thing to consider is that both companies do not have a union, so you don't have to worry about picking union over the non union.

Really it's a personal choice and whatever you pick will work out for you in whatever you so desire future career-wise. We are in an excellent time for aviation.

Thanks for the post

TeePeeCreeper
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by TeePeeCreeper »

Apples and Oranges....

gtanorth
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by gtanorth »

TeePeeCreeper wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:00 pm Apples and Oranges....
If your goal is AC then hands down Sky. If your sights are set internationally then I agree Jet time is still a pretty big bonus. If you want to make the Regionals a career or even a backstop in case things go south in the next 2 years and you are writing AC off then 100% Porter. Porter is a great company and Sky is a great door opener.

Return to “Employment Forum”