Dubai Seaplane ad

Got a hot employment or interview tip to help a fellow aviator find a job or looking for a little job advice place your posting here.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

Rank 7
Rank 7

Dubai Seaplane ad

Post by 180 »

“BMI must be less than 30 on initial hire”

and

“send your updated CV with latest photograph”

Chubby gingers need not apply.
---------- ADS -----------

timeflies
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: Dubai Seaplane ad

Post by timeflies »

180 wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:35 am “BMI must be less than 30 on initial hire”

and

“send your updated CV with latest photograph”

Chubby gingers need not apply.
They just posted again, guess we're just bunch of chubby dudes here on AvCanada, oh well...

CL-Skadoo!
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by CL-Skadoo! »

Well, my thobe hides my curves and my BMI could be due to muscle mass. So they could miss out on a seriously good pilot :lol:

willfly4food
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by willfly4food »

As much as it seems odd to us in North America, things like date of birth, photographs and a full report including height and weight are common in other parts of the world. Many companies ask this as a part of the application process.

timeflies
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by timeflies »

willfly4food wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:08 pm As much as it seems odd to us in North America, things like date of birth, photographs and a full report including height and weight are common in other parts of the world. Many companies ask this as a part of the application process.
you're right, but there is a difference between send your resume with your height and saying you cant be shorter than 178cm for this position... I guess approach is different overseas.

Loner
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Loner »

Seaplane...BMI under 30...come on! How am I supposed to float?!

Noo
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Noo »

I'm sure there are major North American airlines that consider appearance too. They just don't put in the job ad so everyone knows it. You did a video interview didn't you?

phillyfan
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by phillyfan »

Keep in mind we are coming into the hot season. 45 to 50 degrees and fat bastards are a bad mix. As for a picture. Well you are hiring people sight unseen from a country where Blue hair dye, transgender and face piercings are common place.

Loner
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Loner »

phillyfan wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 4:48 pm Keep in mind we are coming into the hot season. 45 to 50 degrees and fat bastards are a bad mix. As for a picture. Well you are hiring people sight unseen from a country where Blue hair dye, transgender and face piercings are common place.
This is non-sense...you can be short and BMI above 30 and still be “light” for aircraft ...lol
Working on fires I had a buddy on 212 (heli) who probably had a BMI above 40...a great driver and long line pilot

HansDietrich
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by HansDietrich »

It's no secret that for some idiotic reason, certain cultures assume that you're a better pilot / teacher / doctor if you have blond hair, blue eyes and speak with an American accent...

Back to reality. I was looking to apply for a job overseas and one of their "boxes" to fill on the application was "Religion"...

I guess "ATHEIST" is not something they like. Needless to say, I stopped the application there, closed the browser, opened a beer and put on some good 80s music.

Das ist mir wurst...
Loner
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Loner »

HansDietrich wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:54 pm It's no secret that for some idiotic reason, certain cultures assume that you're a better pilot / teacher / doctor if you have blond hair, blue eyes and speak with an American accent...

Back to reality. I was looking to apply for a job overseas and one of their "boxes" to fill on the application was "Religion"...

I guess "ATHEIST" is not something they like. Needless to say, I stopped the application there, closed the browser, opened a beer and put on some good 80s music.
Haaaa the 80’s music! Belle Époque!
Gainsbourg, a-ha, U2, Depeche Mode, and i could name more. With some Kronenbourg! Or a good pastis

North Shore
Rank Moderator
Rank Moderator

Post by North Shore »

Don't like their ad/terms/conditions, don't apply....

Say, what's that mountain goat doing up here in the mist?
Happiness is V1 at Thompson!
Ass, Licence, Job. In that order.
phillyfan
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by phillyfan »

But these millenials were told that the world owes them a job.Sorry kids, that shit don't fly everywhere in the world. If you feel the hiring practices are not fair to your sensitive or doughy side write a letter to His Highness Shiekh Mohammed bin Rashid AL Maktoum. Tell him mommy said you could have whatever you want.

Loner
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Loner »

phillyfan wrote: Sun Mar 18, 2018 4:23 pm But these millenials were told that the world owes them a job.Sorry kids, that shit don't fly everywhere in the world. If you feel the hiring practices are not fair to your sensitive or doughy side write a letter to His Highness Shiekh Mohammed bin Rashid AL Maktoum. Tell him mommy said you could have whatever you want.
:roll:

Return to “Employment Forum”