Keewatin King Air

Got a hot employment or interview tip to help a fellow aviator find a job or looking for a little job advice place your posting here.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

dogfood
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: Keewatin King Air

Post by dogfood »

They only keep finding pilots because they keep dropping the minimum experience. At some point either pay is going go up or there is going be 200 hour king air captains flying around in the arctic thats only going end bad..
---------- ADS -----------

V3-HGX
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by V3-HGX »

Pay for the King Air is $50000, and goes up by $5K every year...if you last that long. The pay was negotiated by the union, so don't expect to be able to negotiate for more. The pay is very low, but it is a great stepping stone to better things, and it seems like nobody lasts for much longer than a year. They are putting 1200-hour guys into the left seat, so it is a great opportunity for a low-timer.

I found the operation to be pretty decent compared to other 703 operators. You will fly lots, and if you can handle max crew days/min crew rest for two weeks straight, you will fill your logbook quickly. Per diem was decent, and there was very little BS with scheduling and commuting. They seem to get a lot of hate, but I have nothing but good memories from my time there. They have had some turnover in management lately, which is likely for the best. The 703 Chief pilot was a great guy to work for.

mixturerich
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by mixturerich »

I have a buddy left seat at Keewatin and he says it’s fantastic, a great rotational gig.

703doge
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by 703doge »

Any new info on this job?

Bork Bork
greygoose
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by greygoose »

703doge wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 6:21 pm Any new info on this job?
Pretty sure they still start captains out around 50k/year. They can get away with it because of the lack of requirements by their current contract. It’ll be interesting to see what happens with the whole Manitoba RFP thing... They’re gonna need to probably double what they currently are paying for any hope of filling the required medevac seats in Mb IF they were to win that contract. Many other medevac captains in MB currently making 80-120k per year flying less hours than Keewatin drivers. They’ll be way more restricted on the hour requirements in Mb hence the need for them to boost pay across the board if they don’t want to piss off current captains there. Pretty sure they are unionized too so it could be fun watching things play out between current pilots and any new hires they’d be looking for If they were to win new contract.

Return to “Employment Forum”