Summit ATR

Got a hot employment or interview tip to help a fellow aviator find a job or looking for a little job advice place your posting here.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

stef
Rank 5
Rank 5

Summit ATR

Post by stef »

Anyone know what they pay?
---------- ADS -----------

After Dark
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: Summit ATR

Post by After Dark »

A lot. Depends on your time and time on type. Just apply.

leftoftrack
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by leftoftrack »

70-80.....not alot

PointyEngine
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by PointyEngine »

leftoftrack wrote: Fri Mar 30, 2018 12:59 am 70-80.....not alot
F.O or Cptn?

Minimums
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Minimums »

leftoftrack wrote: Fri Mar 30, 2018 12:59 am 70-80.....not alot
Sounds about right. 3/4 of what other operators pay. All for the luxury of living in yzf with the job security that contract work provides. Where do I sign the bond papers?

Meatinaseat
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Meatinaseat »

with any amount of experience i think you are looking at 90k plus

Marinth
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Marinth »

Meatinaseat wrote: Mon Apr 02, 2018 4:48 pm with any amount of experience i think you are looking at 90k plus
In that case go to North Star. They are paying proper wages and you don't have to live in yzf.

Noo
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Noo »

Pickle Lake isn't better.

ODA
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by ODA »

90K would be the bottom of the pay scale not flying very much. If you have the experience in the add you should get 105-110 on your T4 at the end of a full year. Senior guy at the top of the pay scale doing training and checking would probably do 130-140.

stef
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by stef »

Ok thanks.

Minimums
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Minimums »

ODA wrote: Tue Apr 03, 2018 8:27 am 90K would be the bottom of the pay scale not flying very much.
We all know a guy who knows a guy. I know a guy who said you didn't make 100 as a four engine jet skipper until like year 4 or 5. So fetching the same salary on an atr is unlikely.

Besides, first air pays some of the best salaries in the industry, why waste your time with a charter shop if your going to live in yzf? Not that you can't make a career doing it, but you'll have gray hair by 40, with 0 job security. IMHO.

ODA
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by ODA »

Okay.

I don't need to know a guy.

My numbers are accurate for what your T4 will show. Not the base salary posted on the company pay scale.

Yes First Air is looking for Yellowknife ATR FO's. I think upgrades happen after approximately 10 years lately in Yellowknife.

I suspect you aren't applying, but I'm just posting some accurate information for those who might want to. Not interested in arguing on a forum.

Cheers

Marinth
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Marinth »

Minimums wrote: Wed Apr 04, 2018 12:50 pm
ODA wrote: Tue Apr 03, 2018 8:27 am 90K would be the bottom of the pay scale not flying very much.
We all know a guy who knows a guy. I know a guy who said you didn't make 100 as a four engine jet skipper until like year 4 or 5. So fetching the same salary on an atr is unlikely.

Besides, first air pays some of the best salaries in the industry, why waste your time with a charter shop if your going to live in yzf? Not that you can't make a career doing it, but you'll have gray hair by 40, with 0 job security. IMHO.
First air pays good, but only once you make Captain. There is an extensive list of upgrades ahead of you there, until then you're pretty impoverished in Yellowknife. On the note of job security, you would be hard pressed to find a Yellowknife based first air Captain who hasn't been laid off at some point.

Minimums
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Minimums »

We're comparing first air FO's salaries to Summit Captain Salaries now are we? Note sure how you can make any comparison there. But if you must know, I'm quite certain you can make 100k as an FO at Fab (Its public info, feel free to look it up), doubt the same is true at summit. We haven't even including Canadian into the conversation yet either.

We have short memories. It used to be nearly 10 years to upgrade at Jazz. There have also been several layoffs at Jazz in the past. Do you think the North is immune to what is going on today? If it hasn't happened yet, its going too. Us old guys eventually die off or retire. Last time in YZF, all the left seat guys looked 50-60+ to me, and if I were a young chap with a young family, I'd be smelling opportunity at it's finest and planting myself sooner than later.

If you're 55-60 years old with time, divorced, broke and need to get away from society, sure, an direct captain spot at a charter job barely making 100k would suffice. If you're 30 with that kind of time and taking that kind of job and moving there, you're an idiot. Diamond's are forever, the mining operations are not. Just stating facts.

Marinth wrote: Wed Apr 04, 2018 5:50 pm
Minimums wrote: Wed Apr 04, 2018 12:50 pm
First air pays good, but only once you make Captain. There is an extensive list of upgrades ahead of you there, until then you're pretty impoverished in Yellowknife. On the note of job security, you would be hard pressed to find a Yellowknife based first air Captain who hasn't been laid off at some point.

shimmydampner
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by shimmydampner »

Minimums wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:15 am We have short memories. It used to be nearly 10 years to upgrade at Jazz. There have also been several layoffs at Jazz in the past. Do you think the North is immune to what is going on today? If it hasn't happened yet, its going too. Us old guys eventually die off or retire. Last time in YZF, all the left seat guys looked 50-60+ to me, and if I were a young chap with a young family, I'd be smelling opportunity at it's finest and planting myself sooner than later.

If you're 55-60 years old with time, divorced, broke and need to get away from society, sure, an direct captain spot at a charter job barely making 100k would suffice. If you're 30 with that kind of time and taking that kind of job and moving there, you're an idiot.
Well if that's the logic we're going with, why bother with First Air either? Why choose to reside in a place with an extremely high cost of living and hostile weather like YZF at all? Why not hold out for Jazz/Encore/Porter or mainline? Or go overseas? After all, the time has not been better to do so in a long, long while

Return to “Employment Forum”