GTA-Southern Ontario Pay

Got a hot employment or interview tip to help a fellow aviator find a job or looking for a little job advice place your posting here.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

Torresdenochea
Rank 1
Rank 1

GTA-Southern Ontario Pay

Post by Torresdenochea »

Are there any First Officer jobs in Southern Ontario/GTA that pay more than 35K? I haven't seen any good paying ones so far!
---------- ADS -----------

Blueontop
Rank 6
Rank 6

Re: GTA-Southern Ontario Pay

Post by Blueontop »

Check out Airsprint.

JohnnyHotRocks
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by JohnnyHotRocks »

I have seen some that pay over $100,000. What are your qualifications and what types of jobs are you looking at?

Torresdenochea
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Torresdenochea »

JohnnyHotRocks wrote: Tue Apr 03, 2018 4:26 am I have seen some that pay over $100,000. What are your qualifications and what types of jobs are you looking at?
2000 hrs with 703 and 705 experience. I know I don't have a ton of time, but at my last job (northern Canada) I was making 60K flying a King Air from the right seat, but the airlines and charter operators here only offer 35-40K, was hoping for at least 50K

JohnnyHotRocks
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by JohnnyHotRocks »

What is your end goal? Airlines? Corporate? Cargo?
If you want airlines you just have to bite the bullet and join one of the regionals.
If you want to go corporate look into Execaire, Skyservice, chartright.
You should have enough time for left seat of a Beech 1900 or caravan flying daytime cargo.

Zaibatsu
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Zaibatsu »

Toronto and Vancouver should pay at least 200% of industry standard to be equivalent to industry standard.

Torresdenochea
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Torresdenochea »

I know, the most expensive places pay the least...but come on. I applied to a certain cargo operator to fly a 1900. Their CP was super nice over the phone, but told me 27K a year... might as well work at Burger King

CL-Skadoo!
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by CL-Skadoo! »

The best paying jobs aren't going to be discussed on here, nose around, shake a few hands, but it won't just land in your lap.

schnitzel2k3
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by schnitzel2k3 »

Skyregional is hiring FOs - starting low 50s. Overtime and draft gets you quite a bit higher.

I don't recommend Georgian based strictly on my personal beliefs that place should just disappear. But they are always...an option.

There's Jazz and Encore. But you know those conditions and QOL.

Chartright is looking for FOs on their Citations - pay is mid 30s plus mileage. Average flying is 400 hours a year on some form of schedule.

Skyservice is always looking - but preferably with jet time and a reference. They don't operate a lot of turboprops.

Cargojet is hiring 767/757 FOs at 66k. I don't know George Sugars opinion on turboprop only experience.

Morningstar is looking for drivers (potentially building a pool of resumes) - they start at 50k - Single pilot ifr.

I hope that helps,

S.

Return to “Employment Forum”