Huge discouragement

Got a hot employment or interview tip to help a fellow aviator find a job or looking for a little job advice place your posting here.

Moderators: ahramin, sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

User avatar
MrTurbine
Rank 3
Rank 3
Posts: 155
Joined: Thu Oct 13, 2016 1:36 pm

Re: Huge discouragement

Post by MrTurbine » Mon Jul 30, 2018 6:59 pm

Roadrunnersmother wrote:
Mon Jul 30, 2018 6:50 pm
digits_ wrote:
Mon Jul 30, 2018 6:45 pm
Roadrunnersmother wrote:
Mon Jul 30, 2018 6:38 pm


Trying to get upgraded to 1900 etc but airlines aren't hiring me. What's wrong with still flying king Air at 5000+ hrs?
Upgrade: going from FO to Captain.

Why are you not a captain on the king air yet at 5000 hours?
First officer is same as Captain. Second Officer is right seat. That's a way for me to remember #1 and #2. If I called right seat person 1st officer it would mix me up when there's engine issues.
Your troll level = expert.
---------- ADS -----------
  

skypirate88
Rank 6
Rank 6
Posts: 410
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:46 am

Re: Huge discouragement

Post by skypirate88 » Mon Jul 30, 2018 7:07 pm

Can this thread just die? This guy is clearly just trolling. I know GGN gets lots of advertising hits but it's time to nuke it.
---------- ADS -----------
  
A mile of road will take you a mile, but a mile of runway can take you anywhere

trey kule
Rank 11
Rank 11
Posts: 4510
Joined: Fri Aug 19, 2005 7:09 pm

Re: Huge discouragement

Post by trey kule » Mon Jul 30, 2018 7:24 pm

No no no. It must not die.

Roadie is one of those poor wreched souls who thinks he is putting one over on everybody. He does not realize we are not laughing with him, but at him...

Every now and then its fun to play with a troll. And , quite frankly 5000hrs on microsoft flight sim is quite a feat. Weeks spent in your parents basement..

Doubt he has ever been in a real King Air, but that makes his nonsencial posts even funnier
---------- ADS -----------
  
Everyone is a genius in hindsight

Roadrunnersmother
Rank 4
Rank 4
Posts: 204
Joined: Thu May 17, 2018 1:17 pm

Re: Huge discouragement

Post by Roadrunnersmother » Mon Jul 30, 2018 7:30 pm

trey kule wrote:
Mon Jul 30, 2018 7:24 pm
No no no. It must not die.

Roadie is one of those poor wreched souls who thinks he is putting one over on everybody. He does not realize we are not laughing with him, but at him...

Every now and then its fun to play with a troll. And , quite frankly 5000hrs on microsoft flight sim is quite a feat. Weeks spent in your parents basement..

Doubt he has ever been in a real King Air, but that makes his nonsencial posts even funnier
I'm not a troll.
---------- ADS -----------
  

User avatar
MrTurbine
Rank 3
Rank 3
Posts: 155
Joined: Thu Oct 13, 2016 1:36 pm

Re: Huge discouragement

Post by MrTurbine » Mon Jul 30, 2018 8:09 pm

Roadrunnersmother wrote:
Mon Jul 30, 2018 7:30 pm
trey kule wrote:
Mon Jul 30, 2018 7:24 pm
No no no. It must not die.

Roadie is one of those poor wreched souls who thinks he is putting one over on everybody. He does not realize we are not laughing with him, but at him...

Every now and then its fun to play with a troll. And , quite frankly 5000hrs on microsoft flight sim is quite a feat. Weeks spent in your parents basement..

Doubt he has ever been in a real King Air, but that makes his nonsencial posts even funnier
I'm not a troll.
Alright troll. You want to earn your first rank after all that flight sim? Answer us this.
On approach, what do you do to adjust for altitude and airspeed? Power for altitude and pitch for speed, or power for speed and pitch for altitude?
---------- ADS -----------
  

Roadrunnersmother
Rank 4
Rank 4
Posts: 204
Joined: Thu May 17, 2018 1:17 pm

Re: Huge discouragement

Post by Roadrunnersmother » Mon Jul 30, 2018 8:21 pm

MrTurbine wrote:
Mon Jul 30, 2018 8:09 pm
Roadrunnersmother wrote:
Mon Jul 30, 2018 7:30 pm
trey kule wrote:
Mon Jul 30, 2018 7:24 pm
No no no. It must not die.

Roadie is one of those poor wreched souls who thinks he is putting one over on everybody. He does not realize we are not laughing with him, but at him...

Every now and then its fun to play with a troll. And , quite frankly 5000hrs on microsoft flight sim is quite a feat. Weeks spent in your parents basement..

Doubt he has ever been in a real King Air, but that makes his nonsencial posts even funnier
I'm not a troll.
Alright troll. You want to earn your first rank after all that flight sim? Answer us this.
On approach, what do you do to adjust for altitude and airspeed? Power for altitude and pitch for speed, or power for speed and pitch for altitude?
Depends on if I'm using autopilot or hand flying.
---------- ADS -----------
  

trey kule
Rank 11
Rank 11
Posts: 4510
Joined: Fri Aug 19, 2005 7:09 pm

Re: Huge discouragement

Post by trey kule » Mon Jul 30, 2018 8:29 pm

Your king air has autothrottles?
---------- ADS -----------
  
Everyone is a genius in hindsight

Roadrunnersmother
Rank 4
Rank 4
Posts: 204
Joined: Thu May 17, 2018 1:17 pm

Re: Huge discouragement

Post by Roadrunnersmother » Mon Jul 30, 2018 8:36 pm

trey kule wrote:
Mon Jul 30, 2018 8:29 pm
Your king air has autothrottles?

Hell of an autopilot for a King Air.

Roadie Trolldee, you are coming off as ridiculous. :rolleyes:
No, I use my hands on power levers to control speed when autopilot on. When hand flying without FD it's the opposite.
---------- ADS -----------
  

User avatar
MrTurbine
Rank 3
Rank 3
Posts: 155
Joined: Thu Oct 13, 2016 1:36 pm

Re: Huge discouragement

Post by MrTurbine » Mon Jul 30, 2018 8:56 pm

Roadrunnersmother wrote:
Mon Jul 30, 2018 8:36 pm
trey kule wrote:
Mon Jul 30, 2018 8:29 pm
Your king air has autothrottles?

Hell of an autopilot for a King Air.

Roadie Trolldee, you are coming off as ridiculous. :rolleyes:
No, I use my hands on power levers to control speed when autopilot on. When hand flying without FD it's the opposite.
Wow, this is next level. Make sure you mention this on your interviews.
---------- ADS -----------
  

trey kule
Rank 11
Rank 11
Posts: 4510
Joined: Fri Aug 19, 2005 7:09 pm

Re: Huge discouragement

Post by trey kule » Mon Jul 30, 2018 10:42 pm

The opposite? You use the power levers to control your hands?
---------- ADS -----------
  
Everyone is a genius in hindsight

User avatar
MrTurbine
Rank 3
Rank 3
Posts: 155
Joined: Thu Oct 13, 2016 1:36 pm

Re: Huge discouragement

Post by MrTurbine » Mon Jul 30, 2018 10:45 pm

trey kule wrote:
Mon Jul 30, 2018 10:42 pm
The opposite? You use the power levers to control your hands?
The only way to troll a troll is to become a troll, so nicely done! 👌🏻
---------- ADS -----------
  

DanWEC
Rank (9)
Rank (9)
Posts: 1582
Joined: Sun Jul 26, 2009 1:05 pm
Location: 404

Re: Huge discouragement

Post by DanWEC » Tue Jul 31, 2018 4:45 am

So you're a King Air FO?
But in the Evertz Microsystems thread that you defecated all over you said you were a "high time king air captain with corporate experience".

Make up your mind! You're so full of shit you're sneezing corn. :rolleyes:

If you want to make up a fake identity and wind people up that's one thing, but you're interfering with employment discussions and people's HR departments, and you're only marginally funny.
---------- ADS -----------
  

User avatar
MrTurbine
Rank 3
Rank 3
Posts: 155
Joined: Thu Oct 13, 2016 1:36 pm

Re: Huge discouragement

Post by MrTurbine » Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:47 am

DanWEC wrote:
Tue Jul 31, 2018 4:45 am
So you're a King Air FO?
But in the Evertz Microsystems thread that you defecated all over you said you were a "high time king air captain with corporate experience".

Make up your mind! You're so full of shit you're sneezing corn. :rolleyes:

If you want to make up a fake identity and wind people up that's one thing, but you're interfering with employment discussions and people's HR departments, and you're only marginally funny.
He said he sits on the right seat, but he is the pilot in command. He said the person that sits on the left seat is first officer , just because the left engine is the first engine, and this way it won’t confuse him 😆

So here’s my guess:

High time 320 pilot that is trolling the crap out of as many threads as he can.
Or
Straight up retard that actually flies a king air, with most of his hours made up in his log book, who is straight up unemployable. Either way, we have other things to worry about like the new res coming at Mainline and encore guys getting the shaft.
---------- ADS -----------
  

User avatar
cdnpilot77
Rank 10
Rank 10
Posts: 2437
Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2009 6:24 pm

Re: Huge discouragement

Post by cdnpilot77 » Tue Jul 31, 2018 9:56 am

Mr. Turbine, I think you’ve given this person entirely too much credit.
---------- ADS -----------
  

Roadrunnersmother
Rank 4
Rank 4
Posts: 204
Joined: Thu May 17, 2018 1:17 pm

Re: Huge discouragement

Post by Roadrunnersmother » Tue Jul 31, 2018 1:10 pm

Why almost everyone being mean to me?
---------- ADS -----------
  

trey kule
Rank 11
Rank 11
Posts: 4510
Joined: Fri Aug 19, 2005 7:09 pm

Re: Huge discouragement

Post by trey kule » Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:29 am

Why are you trolling here pretending you are something you are not?
---------- ADS -----------
  
Everyone is a genius in hindsight

Roadrunnersmother
Rank 4
Rank 4
Posts: 204
Joined: Thu May 17, 2018 1:17 pm

Re: Huge discouragement

Post by Roadrunnersmother » Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:35 am

trey kule wrote:
Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:29 am
Why are you trolling here pretending you are something you are not?
You're 100% incorrect.
---------- ADS -----------
  

Alcoholism
Rank 3
Rank 3
Posts: 167
Joined: Thu Jun 15, 2017 3:51 pm

Re: Huge discouragement

Post by Alcoholism » Wed Aug 01, 2018 11:04 am

Roadrunnersmother wrote:
Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:35 am
trey kule wrote:
Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:29 am
Why are you trolling here pretending you are something you are not?
You're 100% correct.
Fixed that for you
---------- ADS -----------
  

Anon1234
Rank 1
Rank 1
Posts: 20
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:26 am

Re: Huge discouragement

Post by Anon1234 » Wed Aug 01, 2018 12:48 pm

Welcome back Nicky Nick! I missed you.

It is hilarious that this thread has almost 100 replies (Nicky nick or RoadRunner whatever his name is has half) when it is so obvious the guy is stringing us along. No wonder Russian trolls have America by the balls if people are this gullible.
---------- ADS -----------
  

User avatar
CL-Skadoo!
Rank 7
Rank 7
Posts: 569
Joined: Wed May 18, 2005 6:41 pm
Location: Intensity in Ten Cities.

Re: Huge discouragement

Post by CL-Skadoo! » Wed Aug 01, 2018 1:19 pm

My FO keeps telling me how the leafs are going to win the cup this year. That is a huge discouragement to me not socking him in the jaw.
---------- ADS -----------
  

Roadrunnersmother
Rank 4
Rank 4
Posts: 204
Joined: Thu May 17, 2018 1:17 pm

Re: Huge discouragement

Post by Roadrunnersmother » Wed Aug 01, 2018 4:51 pm

Anon1234 wrote:
Wed Aug 01, 2018 12:48 pm
Welcome back Nicky Nick! I missed you.

It is hilarious that this thread has almost 100 replies (Nicky nick or RoadRunner whatever his name is has half) when it is so obvious the guy is stringing us along. No wonder Russian trolls have America by the balls if people are this gullible.
Who's Nicky nick?

I'm sorry to inform you I'm not a Nicky nick.
---------- ADS -----------
  

User avatar
CL-Skadoo!
Rank 7
Rank 7
Posts: 569
Joined: Wed May 18, 2005 6:41 pm
Location: Intensity in Ten Cities.

Re: Huge discouragement

Post by CL-Skadoo! » Wed Aug 01, 2018 4:56 pm

I mean a few trades in the off season, Tavares especially, but I still don’t see this team as one that will go deep into the playoffs next year.
---------- ADS -----------
  

trey kule
Rank 11
Rank 11
Posts: 4510
Joined: Fri Aug 19, 2005 7:09 pm

Re: Huge discouragement

Post by trey kule » Wed Aug 01, 2018 5:06 pm

Cl.

We understand your disappointment and your feelings are valid. You should know we are all here for you.

But I think it is necessary for you to face up to your huge disappointment and just sock him in the jaw.

maybe before you do that consider that the poor guy is just an FO and may be trying to survive on commissary and dreams. He is probably from Toronto, and admitting he is a leaf fan tells you a great deal of the poor buggers mental state.You might be the better person for not bursting his bubble and breaking his jaw.
---------- ADS -----------
  
Everyone is a genius in hindsight

tbayav8er
Rank 2
Rank 2
Posts: 84
Joined: Wed Jan 15, 2014 3:47 pm

Re: Huge discouragement

Post by tbayav8er » Thu Aug 02, 2018 7:28 am

Well seeing how this thread is completely off topic now -
---------- ADS -----------
  
Attachments
M44Yjnm__400x400.jpg
M44Yjnm__400x400.jpg (22.17 KiB) Viewed 1044 times

Evascaptainyhz
Rank 1
Rank 1
Posts: 36
Joined: Thu Aug 16, 2018 7:07 am

Re: Huge discouragement

Post by Evascaptainyhz » Thu Aug 16, 2018 8:09 am

Diadem wrote:
Wed Jul 25, 2018 6:49 pm
Roadrunnersmother wrote:
Wed Jul 25, 2018 3:03 pm
I have applied and didn't receive a job offer, you haven't, i'm very familiar with whether they are hiring Canadians or not.
So because they didn't hire you, they're not hiring any Canadians? You're the ultimate manifestation of the Canadian pilot, and if they won't hire you they won't hire anyone? That's rather narcissistic, wouldn't you say?
I am Canadian and I Got hired by EVAS. We have more canadians then not at Evas.
---------- ADS -----------
  

Post Reply

Return to “Employment Forum”