Huge discouragement

Got a hot employment or interview tip to help a fellow aviator find a job or looking for a little job advice place your posting here.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

cdnpilot77
Rank 10
Rank 10

Re: Huge discouragement

Post by cdnpilot77 »

But this:
Sorry I don't kiss backsides to get ahead. It's morally wrong in my opinion. My beliefs such as that one should not prevent one from an Airline position.

just shows a complete lack of understanding of people. Roadrunnersmother, Your words are remarkably similar to a "King Air pilot" a year or 2 ago who had the exact same issues and responses
---------- ADS -----------

schnitzel2k3
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by schnitzel2k3 »

tsukubacpe wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 1:17 pm Hey everyone,

My discouragement right now is below the floor. I know all of us, new pilots with 250 hours struggle a lot but I didn't think it would so be hard.
I finished school in September and began my search for my first flying job in December. I have sent over 150 resumes to all possible 702/703 operators in Canada. I am 100% willing to move and still nothing. Absolutely nothing. I tried 95% of the skydiving operators but most of them require minimum 300 hours and
25 hours on type which they mostly use a c185.
I haven't even been offered a ramp position....not that I would take it because I believe and still have high hopes of landing my first job flying but man this is crazy.
I have seen quite a bit of ads for float positions but I don't have my float rating and a lot of them require minimum 50 hours on floats.
I don't know what else to do
Sometimes carpet bombing the industry with a generic 250 hour resume doesn't help.

Have someone take a peek at your resume and cover letter. In this section, xsbank has posted resume help sticky.

Highly suggest, pick 3 of your top operations, reach out as best as you can (LinkedIn, phone, etc), get a line of communication going, then jump in the car and go out to shake hands, with a fresh personalized resume.

Good luck bud,

S.

schnitzel2k3
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by schnitzel2k3 »

Flightpath CP wrote: Wed Jul 25, 2018 6:00 pm Networking is the key. We have hired several sub-300-hour guys. A few directly into jets. These people came with incredible character references, which means more than the logbook to me.

Cheers

Good luck!
+1 to this.

Roadrunnersmother
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Roadrunnersmother »

cdnpilot77 wrote: Thu Jul 26, 2018 12:01 pm But this:
Sorry I don't kiss backsides to get ahead. It's morally wrong in my opinion. My beliefs such as that one should not prevent one from an Airline position.

just shows a complete lack of understanding of people. Roadrunnersmother, Your words are remarkably similar to a "King Air pilot" a year or 2 ago who had the exact same issues and responses
Did they end up with Airline position?
Likely I'm not the only candidate in the same boat.
Instead of trashing me, words of wisdom would be more useful.

cdnpilot77
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by cdnpilot77 »

I am not trashing you. You have been given good advice above and when that same advice was given before to the same question, the exact same response was given. There is work that needs to be done to move forward. Networking is not ass kissing. Learn the difference and it will be the key to unlocking your dilemma. Or keep trolling :smt102

Roadrunnersmother
Rank 4
Rank 4

cdnpilot77 wrote: Thu Jul 26, 2018 12:58 pm I am not trashing you. You have been given good advice above and when that same advice was given before to the same question, the exact same response was given. There is work that needs to be done to move forward. Networking is not ass kissing. Learn the difference and it will be the key to unlocking your dilemma. Or keep trolling :smt102
Networking is another word for backside kissing. Why doesn't ones experience count for much?

DanWEC
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by DanWEC »

I'll bite just for a moment, Pinocchio, and pretend that you just might be a real boy. If so, there are a whole docket of issues with your entire approach and you need to be open to some help, which many of us, including myself, have offered in other threads you've polluted.

Ever heard the expression about leading a horse to water? I don't know which of your realities is more questionable. My only possible conclusions are A) Fake posts -or- B) It's blatantly obvious at this point why you aren't being hired. If B, sorry to be harsh but the reasons are clear.

Best of luck.

(Edit, just saw that cdnpilot77 above echoed my sentiments, but I'll leave this up anyhow.)

Roadrunnersmother
Rank 4
Rank 4

DanWEC wrote: Thu Jul 26, 2018 2:06 pm I'll bite just for a moment, Pinocchio, and pretend that you just might be a real boy. If so, there are a whole docket of issues with your entire approach and you need to be open to some help, which many of us, including myself, have offered in other threads you've polluted.

Ever heard the expression about leading a horse to water? I don't know which of your realities is more questionable. My only possible conclusions are A) Fake posts -or- B) Pretty obvious why you aren't being hired. If B, sorry to be harsh but the reasons are clear.

Best of luck.
It's not obvious why I'm not getting hired.
I apply and don't receive job offer.
Please tell me another way to apply?
It's not as obvious as some of you think it is.

a313
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by a313 »

Last edited by a313 on Sun Sep 29, 2019 10:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Roadrunnersmother
Rank 4
Rank 4

I paid Pilot Career Center couple hundred to produce professional cover letter and resume. I was under impression it would lead to multiple opportunities for Airline position.

TheRealMcCoy
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by TheRealMcCoy »

Roadrunnersmother wrote: Thu Jul 26, 2018 2:30 pm I paid Pilot Career Center couple hundred to produce professional cover letter and resume. I was under impression it would lead to multiple opportunities for Airline position.
Oh my sweet fcuk hahahaha.

Roadrunnersmother
Rank 4
Rank 4

TheRealMcCoy wrote: Thu Jul 26, 2018 3:50 pm
Roadrunnersmother wrote: Thu Jul 26, 2018 2:30 pm I paid Pilot Career Center couple hundred to produce professional cover letter and resume. I was under impression it would lead to multiple opportunities for Airline position.
Oh my sweet fcuk hahahaha.
May I ask what's so hahahaha?

schnitzel2k3
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by schnitzel2k3 »

Roadrunnersmother wrote: Thu Jul 26, 2018 1:34 pm
cdnpilot77 wrote: Thu Jul 26, 2018 12:58 pm I am not trashing you. You have been given good advice above and when that same advice was given before to the same question, the exact same response was given. There is work that needs to be done to move forward. Networking is not ass kissing. Learn the difference and it will be the key to unlocking your dilemma. Or keep trolling :smt102
Networking is another word for backside kissing. Why doesn't ones experience count for much?
Because personality is everything in aviation, even more so in business aviation because you're not just directly responsible for your crew, you have an owner that you deal directly with. Networking is NOT NOT NOT a$$ kissing. Networking is keeping an open line of communication with people whether you know them well or not.

Once your garner a little light hearted personality and charm, you'll find networking doesn't require you to get on your knees and pucker up.

S.

Roadrunnersmother
Rank 4
Rank 4

schnitzel2k3 wrote: Thu Jul 26, 2018 5:27 pm
Roadrunnersmother wrote: Thu Jul 26, 2018 1:34 pm
Because personality is everything in aviation, even more so in business aviation because you're not just directly responsible for your crew, you have an owner that you deal directly with. Networking is NOT NOT NOT a$$ kissing. Networking is keeping an open line of communication with people whether you know them well or not.

Once your garner a little light hearted personality and charm, you'll find networking doesn't require you to get on your knees and pucker up.

S.
My line is open, no job offers from any airline to date.

Alcoholism
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Alcoholism »

Roadrunnersmother wrote: Thu Jul 26, 2018 11:35 am
TheRealMcCoy wrote: Thu Jul 26, 2018 11:29 am
Roadrunnersmother wrote: Wed Jul 25, 2018 6:42 pmWhich Airline?
Air Canada. Went to flight school, got a degree, then took a few years off and worked in the oil patch, did some geo technical drilling, drove truck a bit and then sent em a resume and got in!
I will apply but likely waste of time.
If I can't get offered an FO position at EVAS or Air Georgian on 1900 I highly doubt AC will put me on a jet.
I dunno..... you seem like AC material to me.

Roadrunnersmother
Rank 4
Rank 4

Alcoholism wrote: Thu Jul 26, 2018 6:25 pm
TheRealMcCoy wrote: Thu Jul 26, 2018 11:29 am

Air Canada. Went to flight school, got a degree, then took a few years off and worked in the oil patch, did some geo technical drilling, drove truck a bit and then sent em a resume and got in!
If I can't get offered an FO position at EVAS or Air Georgian on 1900 I highly doubt AC will put me on a jet.

Possibly, a few past crew members of mine are flying there and they were no better than me.

digits_
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by digits_ »

DanWEC wrote: Wed Jul 25, 2018 11:27 pm Well, that and you don't exist, so there's that....
Best insult on AvCanada in a long time. Classy yet destructive. General yet personal. Impressive!

As an AvCanada discussion grows longer:
-the probability of 'entitlement' being mentioned, approaches 1
-one will be accused of using bad airmanship
TT1900
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by TT1900 »

Roadrunnersmother wrote: Thu Jul 26, 2018 6:28 pm

Possibly, a few past crew members of mine are flying there and they were no better than me.
You sure about that?

Roadrunnersmother
Rank 4
Rank 4

TT1900 wrote: Thu Jul 26, 2018 8:14 pm
Roadrunnersmother wrote: Thu Jul 26, 2018 6:28 pm

You sure about that?
Yes Im very sure.

planett
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by planett »

I'm looking for an FO who can "Angle the deflector shields while I make the calculations for the jump to hyperspace." You seem qualified for that. Are you interested?

Return to “Employment Forum”