SKYLINK EXPRESS

Got a hot employment or interview tip to help a fellow aviator find a job or looking for a little job advice place your posting here.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

Torresdenochea
Rank 1
Rank 1

SKYLINK EXPRESS

Post by Torresdenochea »

Can anyone tell me what the current pay is for 1900 FO, schedule, number of days off, benefits, etc. This is for the Hamilton Base. I read previous threads, but they turn out to be a company bashing shitshow...

Thanks in advance
---------- ADS -----------

schnitzel2k3
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Re: SKYLINK EXPRESS

Post by schnitzel2k3 »

Lots of operators like Skylink (turboprop focused) are having a hard time filling seats.

Your best bet to get unbiased current pay information is to get on the horn with HR at Skylink. If you have any sort of real world experience (other than being a 250hr newb) I would imagine you could do some negotiating, otherwise anticipate a T4 in the 30k range as FO, 55k Captain.

http://www.skylinkexpress.com/careers/benefits

It looks like a 1 year bond if you aren't current on the 1900C, and another 1 year if you upgrade within Skylink.

I know the routes finish off in Windsor and Sault Ste Marie out of Hamilton. I think it's supposed to be M-F, 3 days per week, but I wouldn't be surprised if you go for 5 days most weeks with pilots moving on to feeders.

Best of luck!

S.

Torresdenochea
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Torresdenochea »

Thanks for the info. When you mean the routes finish in Windsor and Sault Ste Marie, you overnight there? I thought all flights return to Base at the end of the day.

schnitzel2k3
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by schnitzel2k3 »

Sorry - yeah totally vague on my part.

CYHM - CYQG - CYHM

CYHM - CYYB - CYSB - CYAM - CYSB - CYYB - CYHM

S.

Torresdenochea
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Torresdenochea »

Thanks again, hopefully they are paying better now, cause 30K is minimum wage.

schnitzel2k3
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by schnitzel2k3 »

Torresdenochea wrote: Sun Apr 15, 2018 4:23 pm Thanks again, hopefully they are paying better now, cause 30K is minimum wage.
Honestly - if you are serious and bracket their mins give HR or the Chief a call tomorrow and report back. I'm sure lots of prospective pilots would appreciate your insight.

I wouldn't be surprised if they've upped it to be competitive in this market. Everyone is selling themselves as career nowadays.

Cheers,

S.

Torresdenochea
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Torresdenochea »

Good idea. Right now Im waiting on a few prospective jobs, so I might hold off on this gig. What I like about Skylink is that you seem to be home most nights which is nice in my case with a young family.

schnitzel2k3
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by schnitzel2k3 »

Agreed, if you live in the Hamilton area it's great. If you are commuting in might be a challenge (hours).

Check out Morningstar - same idea but with the C208 out of Pearson.

A few good charter jet gigs around - time off is a little unplanned but at the end of the year you usually have a lot of time with family.

If you are an individual who needs to make plans 3 months out without using vacay - bank on staying out of chartered management.

S.

CRAFT
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by CRAFT »

I understand its suppose to be a 3-4 day work week but heard they're working 5 days a week, without OT pay.

Is that still the case?

Roadrunnersmother
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Roadrunnersmother »

I can confirm Skylink Express is not having a hard time filling Captain seats. Neither Greg Taylor/Dale Sweeney offered me a position.

schnitzel2k3 wrote: Sun Apr 15, 2018 3:08 pm Lots of operators like Skylink (turboprop focused) are having a hard time filling seats.

Your best bet to get unbiased current pay information is to get on the horn with HR at Skylink. If you have any sort of real world experience (other than being a 250hr newb) I would imagine you could do some negotiating, otherwise anticipate a T4 in the 30k range as FO, 55k Captain.

It looks like a 1 year bond if you aren't current on the 1900C, and another 1 year if you upgrade within Skylink.

I know the routes finish off in Windsor and Sault Ste Marie out of Hamilton. I think it's supposed to be M-F, 3 days per week, but I wouldn't be surprised if you go for 5 days most weeks with pilots moving on to feeders.

Best of luck!

S.

FighterPilot
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by FighterPilot »

Do you have a 1900 type rating?
Roadrunnersmother wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 5:51 pm I can confirm Skylink Express is not having a hard time filling Captain seats. Neither Greg Taylor/Dale Sweeney offered me a position.

schnitzel2k3 wrote: Sun Apr 15, 2018 3:08 pm Lots of operators like Skylink (turboprop focused) are having a hard time filling seats.

Best of luck!

S.

goingnowherefast
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by goingnowherefast »

No, but 5000 hours as a BE20 captain...or was that nickynick?

Roadrunnersmother
Rank 4
Rank 4

No.
Greg and Dale have no clue, very easy to convert from king air to 1900 per what many of my friends have advised me.

FighterPilot wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:04 pm Do you have a 1900 type rating?
Roadrunnersmother wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 5:51 pm I can confirm Skylink Express is not having a hard time filling Captain seats. Neither Greg Taylor/Dale Sweeney offered me a position.

Best of luck!

S.

CRAFT
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by CRAFT »

I understand its suppose to be a 3-4 day work week but heard they're working 5 days a week, without OT pay.

Is that still the case?

marakii
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by marakii »

What kind of minimum hiring times are they looking for or asking and have any being hired below what they are asking due to the so called 'shortage'. I see their website sais 800 TT for first officers, if anyone has been hired lately and what kind of times you were hired that would be great to hear.
Thanks in advance, and I assume the pay hovers around the 30K for first officers and can anyone confirm they fly 3 days a week.

LegoMan
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by LegoMan »

I know someone that was hired a year ago with over 1000TT right seat on the 1900.

bearitus
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by bearitus »

Is captain pay still around 55k or has it gone up recently?

BE02 Driver
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by BE02 Driver »

Roadrunnersmother wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 8:47 pm No.
Greg and Dale have no clue, very easy to convert from king air to 1900 per what many of my friends have advised me.

I doubt you have friends. If you did actually have friends you'd have a job you want given your supposed experience.

You also seem clueless as to wants and needs. Skylink needs pilots, as does EVAS, and every other 703/704 operator in Canada. They just don't want you. Common denominator comes to mind.

Roadrunnersmother
Rank 4
Rank 4

BE02 Driver wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:24 am

I doubt you have friends. If you did actually have friends you'd have a job you want given your supposed experience.

You also seem clueless as to wants and needs. Skylink needs pilots, as does EVAS, and every other 703/704 operator in Canada. They just don't want you. Common denominator comes to mind.
Needs and hiring are not the same. No idea why I'm not qualified, and most companies won't say which requirements I do not meet.

BE02 Driver
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by BE02 Driver »

Roadrunnersmother wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 5:09 pm
BE02 Driver wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:24 am

Needs and hiring are not the same. No idea why I'm not qualified, and most companies won't say which requirements I do not meet.
No idea ........You said it.....

Return to “Employment Forum”