UAE/ middle east companies other than Emirates etc.

Got a hot employment or interview tip to help a fellow aviator find a job or looking for a little job advice place your posting here.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

C-GGGQ
Rank 10
Rank 10

UAE/ middle east companies other than Emirates etc.

Post by C-GGGQ »

Everyone is aware of the big players out that way' emirates etihad qatar etc. But they must have smaller regional lines out there as well maybe for pilots who don't meet the requirements for the big carriers yet. Maybe not. Don't know of any/ wikipedia didnt really show them.
---------- ADS -----------

Eric Janson
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Re: UAE/ middle east companies other than Emirates etc.

Post by Eric Janson »

Well there's FlyDubai, Air Arabia and Jazeera along with Gulf Air and FlyNas.

Not sure why people are so keen to move to this region - the gloss went off this region about 20 years ago.

Do some research - things are going downhill at a rapid pace.

Always fly a stable approach - it's the only stability you'll find in this business
iamnomaverick
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by iamnomaverick »

Check out Pilotcareercentre for more carriers but I am assuming you don't have a type rating or any transport category jet time... In that case Flydubai would be your only option as far as I know. When I joined their requirments were ATPL, 2500 hours, min 1000 hours on advanced/EFIS/glass cockpit aircraft over 10 tons. That last requirement was just upped to 1500 hours. Hiring has slowed down quite a bit and no more G/S till December from what I have heard.

C-GGGQ
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by C-GGGQ »

Thats kinda what i found so far. Not really in tbat experience range yet. Wife is a nurse has worked in saudi before. Her sister is still there and she talks of going back to that region for thr big payday from time to time. Was just curious as to who were the good places out there. She always says we shoukd go cause all the pilots were white anyway (she's not) :lol:

Anticyclone
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Anticyclone »

Hey guys & Galz,

If you are a DHC-8 driver try AbuDhabi aviation they have good conditions and feed G 5 and 737 BBJ operators.

Good luck.

Return to “Employment Forum”