Maintenance, moving from the floor to upper positions

Got a hot employment or interview tip to help a fellow aviator find a job or looking for a little job advice place your posting here.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

Roblox
Rank 0
Rank 0

Maintenance, moving from the floor to upper positions

Post by Roblox »

Hi,

A few questions here regarding maintenance engineers career path.

I myself am a Avionics Technician working for maintenance company at the western parts of Canada. I do have ambition and desire to move to a different kind of role in the Aircraft Maintenance Industry in the future and would like to seek some advice on how to shift your career a bit.

Firstly, moving to the Quality Assurance Manager/ Quality Assurance/ Quality Control roles in this industry. How does one prepare him/herself to move on to this role in a company? Do most of the companies require you to complete a Bachelors Degree for this role? Are there any extra training you should obtain to be considered for this role? Any advice on this matter is appreciated.

Secondly, bit more specific to avionics field, if I would like to move from a technician on the hanger floor to an Engineering position, how does one accomplish this? Obviously an bachelors in Electrical/ Avionics Engineering is required for this, although kind of hard to imagine going back to school full time for 4 years for this. And the same for this selection here, how does one prepares him/herself to move on to this kind of role.

Perhaps some of you out there are working in those roles or have friends who are and could provide me some advice on this subject matter. Also perhaps there are other transferable career options I can not think of at this point in this industry.

I appreciate the input,

Cheers,

MD
---------- ADS -----------

Return to “Employment Forum”