Who is hiring and when?

Got a hot employment or interview tip to help a fellow aviator find a job or looking for a little job advice place your posting here.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

planetearth
Rank 0
Rank 0

Who is hiring and when?

Post by planetearth »

Hey,
I have applied to Air Canada (Non AC express), Air Transat, and Sunwing. I have heard that Air Canada is supposed to be hiring Sept/Oct 2018, and the same for sunning. Its been awfully quiet. Does anyone have some info on this?
Thanks
---------- ADS -----------

DHC-1 Jockey
Rank 8
Rank 8

Re: Who is hiring and when?

Post by DHC-1 Jockey »

planetearth wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:46 am Hey,
I have applied to Air Canada (Non AC express), Air Transat, and Sunwing. I have heard that Air Canada is supposed to be hiring Sept/Oct 2018, and the same for sunning. Its been awfully quiet. Does anyone have some info on this?
Thanks
As far as I know, Sunwing is done hiring for the 2018/2019 winter season. All interviews have been completed and people who will be offered a course should hear from HR in the next few weeks/months.

planetearth
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by planetearth »

Thanks, that’s too bad. I had heard that they too (Sunwing) would be hiring Sept/Oct. So much for the famous pilot shortage

imac0960
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by imac0960 »

Hiring and ground school dates are two very different things. All airlines are accepting resumes and running candidates through the hiring process. AC is currently staffing their ground schools with people who have applied up to 1yr ago. Sunwing was accepting resumes in the spring for fall classes. They can’t just accept resumes 2 weeks before courses start. Most new hires get 1 month notice so they don’t leave their current employer high and dry.

Good luck out there! Lots of movement in the next couple of years.

TheRealMcCoy
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by TheRealMcCoy »

planetearth wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 11:56 am Thanks, that’s too bad. I had heard that they too (Sunwing) would be hiring Sept/Oct. So much for the famous pilot shortage
Roadrunnersmother, that you?

Return to “Employment Forum”