Missinippi Airways

Got a hot employment or interview tip to help a fellow aviator find a job or looking for a little job advice place your posting here.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

altcap
Rank 0
Rank 0

Missinippi Airways

Post by altcap »

Just looking for some current info on FO pay, training bonds, schedule and upgrade times since last post is a few years old. Do they require low time pilots (below 500TT) to work dispatch prior to being put on the flight line? Is the Ho still SPIFR or do they have a cojo to help him/her build time up?

---------- ADS -----------

greygoose
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: Missinippi Airways

Post by greygoose »

I don’t have any current info on pay or schedule but the info I’ve recently heard from some folks in YWG is they are upgrading f/o’s to left seat king air fast, like scary fast. They’ve also apparently been scooping some pilots up from other MB operators who haven’t been given the green light for upgrades at those companies. I’m guessing the upgrading is happening for their sched side as Manitoba health has a fairly hard line drawn for medevac requirements. My friend also tells me they’ve got their hands on some property in St Andrews for their new sched service between The Pas, Pukatawagan and St. Andrews. From what I’ve been told, I wouldn’t be going anywhere near those scheds as a passenger or f/o if in fact some of these people have been cut loose in the left seat!

goleafsgo
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by goleafsgo »

greygoose wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 8:16 pm I don’t have any current info on pay or schedule but the info I’ve recently heard from some folks in YWG is they are upgrading f/o’s to left seat king air fast, like scary fast. They’ve also apparently been scooping some pilots up from other MB operators who haven’t been given the green light for upgrades at those companies. I’m guessing the upgrading is happening for their sched side as Manitoba health has a fairly hard line drawn for medevac requirements. My friend also tells me they’ve got their hands on some property in St Andrews for their new sched service between The Pas, Pukatawagan and St. Andrews. From what I’ve been told, I wouldn’t be going anywhere near those scheds as a passenger or f/o if in fact some of these people have been cut loose in the left seat!
The only reason they're upgrading fos from other mb operators is because the other operators are medevacs so they can't upgrade without an atpl, at Missinippi they're being upgraded on the sked side. I don't think there's a sked captain with less than 1500TT, so please have accurate info before you trash an operator/it's pilots

FOD_Vacuum
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by FOD_Vacuum »

Unfortunately, industry wide, operators are upgrading FOs to captains who have a very low number of hours. This is not just at Missinippi. Other operators in the regions are doing the same. The only difference is when it comes to the Medevac side, where the hourly requirements is still a hard line. Manitoba is mostly medevacs. If you go to Perimeter, you have 1000-1500TT FOs upgrading to metro captains, so again, this is industry wide. Dont forget, Jazz upgrades FOs at sub 2000 hours as skippers for RJ...its a messed up industry. This is happening everywhere-look at Transwest captain requirements and the like for King Air. The FOs get upgraded to King Air captains on the sched side at Missinippi and once they have the 2000 TT and 500 MPIC, they can apply for the MB medevac captain license and operate as medevac captain.

altcap
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by altcap »

Thanks for the info, anyone know if they hire direct entry fo's or ground to flight line only?

greygoose
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by greygoose »

goleafsgo wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 3:25 pm
greygoose wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 8:16 pm I don’t have any current info on pay or schedule but the info I’ve recently heard from some folks in YWG is they are upgrading f/o’s to left seat king air fast, like scary fast. They’ve also apparently been scooping some pilots up from other MB operators who haven’t been given the green light for upgrades at those companies. I’m guessing the upgrading is happening for their sched side as Manitoba health has a fairly hard line drawn for medevac requirements. My friend also tells me they’ve got their hands on some property in St Andrews for their new sched service between The Pas, Pukatawagan and St. Andrews. From what I’ve been told, I wouldn’t be going anywhere near those scheds as a passenger or f/o if in fact some of these people have been cut loose in the left seat!
The only reason they're upgrading fos from other mb operators is because the other operators are medevacs so they can't upgrade without an atpl, at Missinippi they're being upgraded on the sked side. I don't think there's a sked captain with less than 1500TT, so please have accurate info before you trash an operator/it's pilots
1500 hrs TT means squat if most of it isn’t related to the current operation. My info is accurate enough to still take a pass.

oldncold
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by oldncold »

Most manitoba. Companies are in a hold'n pattern on the hiring until MB govt., makes a decision on the medivac situation sked flying being not relevant except if. This or that company. Doesn't win. They logic may indicate to move qualifed crews over to that side(sked side).

justwant2fly
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by justwant2fly »

Last edited by justwant2fly on Thu Oct 14, 2021 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FOD_Vacuum
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by FOD_Vacuum »

For 250-500TT hours pilots, they usually hire to dispatch or direct entry Navajo FO / sched side king Air FO depending how lucky you get.

Some who were in dispatch for months got jumped for flight line from outside hires who went direct onto Navajo or right seat King Air. Doesn't make for the best of company morale, but that's business. If you have more than 500 TT then your chances improve significantly since you meet medevac mins for King Air. Pay for Ho capt is 41k I think, and it is a one year bond. All IFR flights are two crew but if VFR capt will usually fly alone is load is high. This is probably due to the fact that most new ho captains dont have the 1000 TT needed for SPIFR. Hope that helps.

altcap
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by altcap »

FOD_Vacuum wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:29 pm For 250-500TT hours pilots, they usually hire to dispatch or direct entry Navajo FO / sched side king Air FO depending how lucky you get.

Some who were in dispatch for months got jumped for flight line from outside hires who went direct onto Navajo or right seat King Air. Doesn't make for the best of company morale, but that's business. If you have more than 500 TT then your chances improve significantly since you meet medevac mins for King Air. Pay for Ho capt is 41k I think, and it is a one year bond. All IFR flights are two crew but if VFR capt will usually fly alone is load is high. This is probably due to the fact that most new ho captains dont have the 1000 TT needed for SPIFR. Hope that helps.
Thanks, do you know how much flying can be expected on average per month?

FOD_Vacuum
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by FOD_Vacuum »

You can do some good flying, about 50-90 hours per month depending time of year and if they use FOs or not. If you wanna time build, go there. You will be going to puk about 4 times a day.

Return to “Employment Forum”