flybigblue

Got a hot employment or interview tip to help a fellow aviator find a job or looking for a little job advice place your posting here.

Moderators: ahramin, sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

Post Reply
Message
Author
CAL
Rank (9)
Rank (9)
Posts: 1370
Joined: Tue Feb 17, 2004 8:47 pm

flybigblue

#1 Post by CAL » Wed Nov 07, 2018 5:51 am

new ad in the jobs section?
anyone.....
---------- ADS -----------
  

User avatar
CL-Skadoo!
Rank 7
Rank 7
Posts: 516
Joined: Wed May 18, 2005 6:41 pm
Location: Intensity in Ten Cities.

Re: flybigblue

#2 Post by CL-Skadoo! » Wed Nov 07, 2018 6:09 am

I swear there are some borrowed lines from another company that often posts corporate jobs on this forum.
---------- ADS -----------
  

digits_
Rank (9)
Rank (9)
Posts: 1520
Joined: Mon Feb 14, 2011 2:26 am

Re: flybigblue

#3 Post by digits_ » Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:08 am

I'm sure it always helps to hide your location and company name if you can't find enough applicants :roll:
---------- ADS -----------
  

User avatar
schnitzel2k3
Rank 7
Rank 7
Posts: 601
Joined: Sun May 15, 2011 11:17 pm

Re: flybigblue

#4 Post by schnitzel2k3 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 12:37 pm

I think they mentioned CYYZ, don't know what private hangar they are referencing.

The posting echoes the Algonquin Airlink /Private Air tone for sure. Don't know if lines are borrowed or manager slid into startup ownership role.

Who's interviewing first to find out?

S.
---------- ADS -----------
  

User avatar
CL-Skadoo!
Rank 7
Rank 7
Posts: 516
Joined: Wed May 18, 2005 6:41 pm
Location: Intensity in Ten Cities.

Re: flybigblue

#5 Post by CL-Skadoo! » Wed Nov 07, 2018 12:39 pm

schnitzel2k3 wrote:
Wed Nov 07, 2018 12:37 pm
I think they mentioned CYYZ, don't know what private hangar they are referencing.

The posting echoes the Algonquin Airlink /Private Air tone for sure. Don't know if lines are borrowed or manager slid into startup ownership role.

Who's interviewing first to find out?

S.
Pay - industry standard. Not I. :P
---------- ADS -----------
  

User avatar
schnitzel2k3
Rank 7
Rank 7
Posts: 601
Joined: Sun May 15, 2011 11:17 pm

Re: flybigblue

#6 Post by schnitzel2k3 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 12:49 pm

Perfect, show them the CBAA table for 2017, which is based on 2016 data and add 10%.

I'm thinking 176k for the Global annnnd 134k for the Learjet captain?

:mrgreen: :smt079

Hired!

S.
---------- ADS -----------
  

User avatar
cdnpilot77
Rank 10
Rank 10
Posts: 2427
Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2009 6:24 pm

Re: flybigblue

#7 Post by cdnpilot77 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 6:37 pm

schnitzel2k3 wrote:
Wed Nov 07, 2018 12:37 pm
I think they mentioned CYYZ, don't know what private hangar they are referencing.

The posting echoes the Algonquin Airlink /Private Air tone for sure. Don't know if lines are borrowed or manager slid into startup ownership role.

Who's interviewing first to find out?

S.

Nope, no one from us....it seems they actually cut and paste my job ad and changed a few details. The part I found entertaining was that this start up, just like us, also “hosts regular staff events”. As a friend pointed out, imitation is the highest form of flattery.
---------- ADS -----------
  

User avatar
schnitzel2k3
Rank 7
Rank 7
Posts: 601
Joined: Sun May 15, 2011 11:17 pm

Re: flybigblue

#8 Post by schnitzel2k3 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 7:55 pm

cdnpilot77 wrote:
Wed Nov 07, 2018 6:37 pm
schnitzel2k3 wrote:
Wed Nov 07, 2018 12:37 pm
I think they mentioned CYYZ, don't know what private hangar they are referencing.

The posting echoes the Algonquin Airlink /Private Air tone for sure. Don't know if lines are borrowed or manager slid into startup ownership role.

Who's interviewing first to find out?

S.

Nope, no one from us....it seems they actually cut and paste my job ad and changed a few details. The part I found entertaining was that this start up, just like us, also “hosts regular staff events”. As a friend pointed out, imitation is the highest form of flattery.
Yeah just heard through the grapevine t'was a paper mache of an ad. I figure they are either clever or lazy at this point, possibly both, who knows.

At least you find some humour in it.

S.
---------- ADS -----------
  

ruffledalldressed
Rank 0
Rank 0
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:32 am

Re: flybigblue

#9 Post by ruffledalldressed » Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:41 am

Edit. .
---------- ADS -----------
  
Last edited by ruffledalldressed on Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CAL
Rank (9)
Rank (9)
Posts: 1370
Joined: Tue Feb 17, 2004 8:47 pm

Re: flybigblue

#10 Post by CAL » Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:04 pm

uhhhhh
no idea what you guys are talking about
seems you guys all have some inside knowledge to a bunch of bollocks
---------- ADS -----------
  

User avatar
JohnnyHotRocks
Rank 8
Rank 8
Posts: 868
Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2005 7:18 am

Re: flybigblue

#11 Post by JohnnyHotRocks » Sat Nov 10, 2018 5:17 am

Why the edit?
---------- ADS -----------
  

User avatar
schnitzel2k3
Rank 7
Rank 7
Posts: 601
Joined: Sun May 15, 2011 11:17 pm

Re: flybigblue

#12 Post by schnitzel2k3 » Sat Nov 10, 2018 7:27 am

CAL wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:04 pm
uhhhhh
no idea what you guys are talking about
seems you guys all have some inside knowledge to a bunch of bollocks
I think everyone is curious why they used language verbatim from the pilot ads for Algonquin Airlink.

You interview yet CAL?

S.
---------- ADS -----------
  

User avatar
cdnpilot77
Rank 10
Rank 10
Posts: 2427
Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2009 6:24 pm

Re: flybigblue

#13 Post by cdnpilot77 » Sat Nov 10, 2018 10:11 pm

schnitzel2k3 wrote:
Sat Nov 10, 2018 7:27 am
CAL wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:04 pm
uhhhhh
no idea what you guys are talking about
seems you guys all have some inside knowledge to a bunch of bollocks
I think everyone is curious why they used language verbatim from the pilot ads for Algonquin Airlink.

You interview yet CAL?

S.
Ahem [Private Air].

Thank you...Carry on
---------- ADS -----------
  

User avatar
schnitzel2k3
Rank 7
Rank 7
Posts: 601
Joined: Sun May 15, 2011 11:17 pm

Re: flybigblue

#14 Post by schnitzel2k3 » Sun Nov 11, 2018 10:17 am

cdnpilot77 wrote:
Sat Nov 10, 2018 10:11 pm
schnitzel2k3 wrote:
Sat Nov 10, 2018 7:27 am
CAL wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:04 pm
uhhhhh
no idea what you guys are talking about
seems you guys all have some inside knowledge to a bunch of bollocks
I think everyone is curious why they used language verbatim from the pilot ads for Algonquin Airlink.

You interview yet CAL?

S.
Ahem [Private Air].

Thank you...Carry on
Lol, alright settle down.

Private Air a.ka Frosty.

S.
---------- ADS -----------
  

User avatar
cdnpilot77
Rank 10
Rank 10
Posts: 2427
Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2009 6:24 pm

Re: flybigblue

#15 Post by cdnpilot77 » Sun Nov 11, 2018 6:13 pm

That’s better :mrgreen:
---------- ADS -----------
  

Post Reply

Return to “Employment Forum”