Flight Instructor hours per year - BC

Got a hot employment or interview tip to help a fellow aviator find a job or looking for a little job advice place your posting here.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

purvin.t91
Rank 0
Rank 0

Flight Instructor hours per year - BC

Post by purvin.t91 »

Hi,
1)Anyone from the langley flying school, pacific flying club, pacific rim, skyquest or other lower mainland flight schools know how many hours are flight instructors in this area building per year? I looked at other forums but they're too old and as we approach 2019, it would be nice for some fresh insight :D

2)Share your stories, 2 cents whatever you may have to help future flight instructors plan their career ahead. With enough debt, flight instructing is a common 1st stage where we actually start earning some money to sustain life in expensive BC and concurrently build the much needed hours that we all dream of building.

3)Pay rates at respective schools would be helpful too.
---------- ADS -----------

flyingcanuck
Rank 6
Rank 6

Re: Flight Instructor hours per year - BC

Post by flyingcanuck »

I worked at Boundary Bay for a little while, there are a ton of planes and its always busy. The only problem with BC is the weather, from Nov to probably feburary there wont be as much flying, lots of rain and IMC days. But other than that its pretty busy youll fly as much as you can work Id think, they are always hiring

purvin.t91
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by purvin.t91 »

I'm new to finding aviation jobs. can you tell me which is a good website to find instructor jobs? I've read a lot of forums which encourage visiting different schools in person. I don't mind doing to door-door work. but its an expensive proposition and if there's someway I can save money, it would greatly help.

flyingcanuck
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by flyingcanuck »

purvin.t91 wrote: Tue Jan 01, 2019 5:51 pm I'm new to finding aviation jobs. can you tell me which is a good website to find instructor jobs? I've read a lot of forums which encourage visiting different schools in person. I don't mind doing to door-door work. but its an expensive proposition and if there's someway I can save money, it would greatly help.
Pick your top 5 schools and just email them and say "hey, are you hiring instructors?" or if you dont have your class 4 ask to do it with them and get a job after. Youll probably find something

Return to “Employment Forum”