Schedules - home every night

Got a hot employment or interview tip to help a fellow aviator find a job or looking for a little job advice place your posting here.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

igorcanuck
Rank 2
Rank 2

Schedules - home every night

Post by igorcanuck »

I am relatively new in Canada (2.5 years) with 10 years of experience as FO and CA abroad. I am currently finishing my license conversion and will shortly look for a flight line position. I am not attached to any city in Canada so I would like to know which airlines have the best schedules here, with no overnights and home every night?
---------- ADS -----------

Lightchop
Rank 6
Rank 6

Re: Schedules - home every night

Post by Lightchop »

No overnights you're looking at a place like Wasaya in Thunder Bay. Maybe Perimeter but I'm not sure if they are home every night. Most 704 carriers elsewhere have multi day pairings.

digits_
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by digits_ »

Lightchop wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:07 am No overnights you're looking at a place like Wasaya in Thunder Bay. Maybe Perimeter but I'm not sure if they are home every night. Most 704 carriers elsewhere have multi day pairings.
Perimeter is usually home every night.

I think every float operator is home every night if you live at your base as well.

As an AvCanada discussion grows longer:
-the probability of 'entitlement' being mentioned, approaches 1
-one will be accused of using bad airmanship
spruceair
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by spruceair »

WestWind ATRs and 1900s are home every night. There’s the odd overnight trip but pretty rare.

Handover
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Handover »

Sunwing will have you home every night if you choose. 737 NGs, Max's and you can choose for European tours.

Best gig in Canada IMHO

ant_321
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by ant_321 »

Handover wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 3:14 pm Sunwing will have you home every night if you choose. 737 NGs, Max's and you can choose for European tours.

Best gig in Canada IMHO
Not the case if you’re at the bottom of the list. You should see my January sched. Haha

Handover
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Handover »

ant_321 wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 3:49 pm
Handover wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 3:14 pm Sunwing will have you home every night if you choose. 737 NGs, Max's and you can choose for European tours.

Best gig in Canada IMHO
Not the case if you’re at the bottom of the list. You should see my January sched. Haha
Yea mine too. Always hope for the future. Long pairings actually suit me though as a commuter

CharlieKilo
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by CharlieKilo »

Northway Aviation out of St Andrews has a pretty good schedule and home every night from what I’ve heard. Not much on here about them, but heard they’re pretty good operator.
Flying 208’s and PC-12, lots of it SPIFR.

C-GGGQ
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by C-GGGQ »

Yup. Pc-12 is two crew, 208 is spifr. You get pc-12 till you earn your shot to go 208. Up front pro rated training bond. 5k I think they said. Do 208 for a while with the possibility of going pc-12 captain later no bond for that. F/o was your standard crap 703 pay roughly 30k. 208 bumped you up to 50-60k not sure what captain on pc-12 rated. I think it was over 70. This all from an interview.

GoinVertical
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by GoinVertical »

I hear PAL is still looking for YUL based Dash 8 captains...

Last edited by GoinVertical on Thu Apr 04, 2019 3:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by 180 »

Sunwest Aviation Dash-8 program has you home every night.

Return to “Employment Forum”