Wasaya

Got a hot employment or interview tip to help a fellow aviator find a job or looking for a little job advice place your posting here.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

mmm..bacon
Rank 5
Rank 5

Wasaya

Post by mmm..bacon »

Anyone currently working at Wasaya on the Dash 8 care to share their experience - good/bad/indifferent, please? PM if you want...
---------- ADS -----------

Everything has an end, except a sausage, which has two!
thepriceisright
Rank 2
Rank 2

Re: Wasaya

Post by thepriceisright »

Don't do it man. I was at Wasaya for 6 months in 2018. I wanted to quit after Day 1. Very, very bad company. On par with EVAS. The union is horrible as well. Didn't have any time at all for my grievances. Union Reps are flying the -300 Goldcorp plane so they have it good and don't care about any one else's issues. Save yourself the trouble man and find a better job.

RamAirTurbine
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by RamAirTurbine »

thepriceisright wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 11:53 am Don't do it man. I was at Wasaya for 6 months in 2018. I wanted to quit after Day 1. Very, very bad company. On par with EVAS. The union is horrible as well. Didn't have any time at all for my grievances. Union Reps are flying the -300 Goldcorp plane so they have it good and don't care about any one else's issues. Save yourself the trouble man and find a better job.
Im guessing you we’re a 1900 FO who couldnt’t even put in the year commitment the company asks for?

As for the Wasaya Dash 8, I had a ton of fun flying the Dash up north! Yes, you’re doing everything yourself up north and being pressured to “give it a try” but you just go missed and go home. You usually work half days (mornings or afternoons) and you’re home every night. Dash freighters are your typical 2/2 rotation out of pickle. Pay is mid 40s a year.

goingnowherefast
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by goingnowherefast »

Didn't they recently give everybody 7-20 grand raises depending on position, aircraft type, amount of flying? Meaning Dash FO is low 50s now?

c172direct
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by c172direct »

The flying is okay. The company isn't great to work for. There are far better dash operators out there.

Maynard
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by Maynard »

thepriceisright wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 11:53 am Don't do it man. I was at Wasaya for 6 months in 2018. I wanted to quit after Day 1. Very, very bad company. On par with EVAS. The union is horrible as well. Didn't have any time at all for my grievances. Union Reps are flying the -300 Goldcorp plane so they have it good and don't care about any one else's issues. Save yourself the trouble man and find a better job.
Wow, 6 months and you were hounding them with multiple grievances?? I can tell what kind of employee you are/were just from that comment. The MEC there has done a TON of good for the pilots of Wasaya. I don't work there, but know the improvements. Ignore the priceisright.

I guess I should write something here.
digits_
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by digits_ »

Maynard wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:38 am
Wow, 6 months and you were hounding them with multiple grievances?? I can tell what kind of employee you are/were just from that comment. The MEC there has done a TON of good for the pilots of Wasaya. I don't work there, but know the improvements. Ignore the priceisright.
To be fair, it sometimes it only takes a week to identify issues with a company. Just because a shitty company has made improvements, doesn't all of a sudden make it a great company. New employees don't always see how super shitty it used to be, but that doesn't mean those people should just accept the "improved but otherwise still potentially shitty" conditions.

As an AvCanada discussion grows longer:
-the probability of 'entitlement' being mentioned, approaches 1
-one will be accused of using bad airmanship
Maynard
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by Maynard »

I didn't say anything about the company. Priceisright was trashing the MEC. The company didn't make improvements, the MEC did. I could go to any company and identify issues. Are they worth grieving over? Probably not. I also didn't say it was a great company. Also how does he know how bad EVAS is, did he work there for 6 months and jump ship? I question his credibility as a good reference.

I guess I should write something here.

Return to “Employment Forum”