Forced to leave Canada

Got a hot employment or interview tip to help a fellow aviator find a job or looking for a little job advice place your posting here.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

dereceer
Rank 0
Rank 0

Re: Forced to leave Canada

Post by dereceer »

Full Deflection wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:51 pm Have you contacted your MP where you are? When I lived near YUL our MP's secretary was ever so helpful to us and even contacted CIC directly on our behalf. At one stage we spent 6 months living off savings on a visitors visa. It took me a long time to get P.R. and as a fellow Brit I don't think we should be in this situation. Nor should the Canadians who want to live in Britain. Come Brexit we should be free again to reconnect with our overseas families whose societies are built on the values and freedoms exported by our fathers to the four corners of the world: www.canzukinternational.com

My unprayed advice is to remain in Canada and resist the temptation to leave. With the current hiring wave there must be a prospective employer somewhere who is prepared to sponsor you. Any Canadian lass you fancy marrying?
Godspeed,
I really appreciate your advice. I will look up my MP.
Signed!
My current job doesn't sponsor, even after much persuasion. Unfortunately I can't marry a Canadian lass, I'm married to my work and dipping the pen in company ink isn't an option :D
willpilot4 wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:59 pm
dereceer wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:15 pm
digits_ wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:09 pm
You have a bridging open work permit that you can apply for once you pass the provincial phase of your PNP PR application. The OP doesn't meet the PNP requirements, so that won't work.

Note that you can not work just under the visa waiver program.
My problem with the PNP is the work experience. I had a seasonal float job and had 5 months employment with them, then found a new job but by the time I get 6 months employment in my new job, my work permit will almost be expired.
They want "six months (continuous)" employment, so the 5 months in my old job won't carry over.
I applied for PNP, so I'm hoping this isn't a strict rule.
Hey,

I am going pretty much through the same as you...

My first advice is that no matter what, work until the very last day of your work permit. And then make sure to leave before the expiration day. You will need that work experience for your PNP application but be careful and make sure that you leave the country on time. This is your worst-case scenario, but I wanted to point it out first.

In your case, you have enough time to find a company interested in hiring you (or the one that you are currently at) and to ask them to apply for an LMIA. Even if it is not granted by the time your PGWP expires, the confirmation that it was requested plus a submission on your behalf for a new work permit, will allow you to stay on implied status.

Then as you already know, will be able to stay in Canada as a worker until you receive the positive LMIA. By the time you receive the LMIA, you have to get all your docs and cross the border. If you have everything, the CBPA officer will issue your new work permit, just like when you got your student visa.

In addition to that, the LMIA will add 50 points to your Express Entry.

If you want, PM me and we can chat.

Best,

G.
I hope you'll be able to fix something out.

My work doesn't sponsor, and looking on PilotCareer all the jobs require PR. Where do you find places that sponsor?
---------- ADS -----------

willpilot4
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by willpilot4 »

Full Deflection wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:36 pm Sorry to hear that mate. I would really work on your MP who is a cheaper option than solicitors. I never used any solicitors. How about just getting a Visitor's Visa for now? Any kind of status will count in the future when your P.R. is renewed or citizenship applied for.., I believe that's a new thing. Beg your MP to intervene.
F.D.
Thanks buddy. I can't stay as a visitor. Because I've never though that this was going to happen, so I have no savings. Everything happen with such a short notice.

I will go to the MP office tomorrow and literally beg him to take me out of this hole.

G.

pumpum
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by pumpum »

What lawyer/immigration firm did you hire to help you? Let me know so that I can avoid them.

Thanks!

pumpum
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by pumpum »

How come it took you less than 6 months? How long did it take you to get the CPL?

snowcone
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by snowcone »

Go to the states, walk across to Quebec, claim refuge statuts....done! Easily done all in one day.

confusedalot
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by confusedalot »

Sorry to hear that, sounds like the old "landed immigrant" notion has been scrapped, which used to be sufficient for remaining and working in Canada.

I don't know your overall situation and 8 months is a long time but not really that long. Waiting it out in the UK doing whatever is available is not an option?

Attempting to understand the world. I have not succeeded.

veni, vidi,...... vici non fecit.

:?
willpilot4
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by willpilot4 »

pumpum wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:34 am What lawyer/immigration firm did you hire to help you? Let me know so that I can avoid them.

Thanks!
I can not post it here. My best advice is for you to read deep on IRCC website and if there's something that you don't understand, then go and ask any of the free consultant services (for ie YMCA, Toronto Public Library, to name a few), and/or calling IRCC. Don't waste your money on lawyers/consultants. I did it and it's not worth it.
pumpum wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:12 am How come it took you less than 6 months? How long did it take you to get the CPL?
I already had an ATPL. For me was writing 3 exams (SARON, SAMRA and INRAT) and a few flights to prepare a group 1 IFR flight test.
snowcone wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 11:34 am Go to the states, walk across to Quebec, claim refuge status....done! Easily done all in one day.
I don't know if you are being sarcastic but an immigration consultant advised me to do pretty much that. And no, I am no going to do it, it's called ethics.

Full Deflection
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Full Deflection »

Can we have an update please? How are you getting on laddie?
F.D.

dereceer
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by dereceer »

Full Deflection wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 11:15 am Can we have an update please? How are you getting on laddie?
F.D.
Good news for me! Incase anyone else has issues with immigration I used: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/web-form.asp. I told my story to them in regards to the Holiday Work Permit issues, and they accepted the application and informed me how to get biometrics submitted.

On the biometrics letter, I was given a link for the locations that I can submit biometrics - one of them being a local international airport. I went there, and got sent around from the Pass Office, to the US immigration, and then finally to Canada immigration and they told me they couldn't process it as I would have to be flying in internationally.

I checked the website and found that I could do biometrics at the border (just cross to states then re-enter Canada). I did that, only to be informed that they can't do biometrics without giving me a new work permit, and they can't give me a new work permit because I have a current Post Graduate Work Permit (you can't cancel a work permit). The officers there were stern but helpful, and apparently there is lots of recent changes and sounds like they're struggling to keep up and she said that next year this won't be an issue as you'd be able to get biometrics done by going to an office within Canada.

All that to say, I will need to drive across border again (a lot farther) but this time go to a Visa Application Centre (as there is none in Canada), and they will be able to do the fingerprints and photo (exactly like the RAIC I guess). Here is hoping this time I can finally get it!

If any one is going through difficulties with immigration feel free to PM, and I'll do my best to help.

I haven't been called laddie since I left Scotland, you're making me homesick!! :lol:

willpilot4
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by willpilot4 »

Not good news for me. Not even the MP was able to solve my situation on time and I had to leave the country on March 31st, one day before my current WP expires.

I'm outside Canada now, trying to go back but everything seems to take too long, 4-6 months to start with. I know it's not much, unless you have no savings and no job. I do have job offers, and that's what drives me crazy. I do understand that there are process and regulations to comply with but at some point someone should look at specific situations and make a decision...

Sorry, not in a good mood lately.

G.

Return to “Employment Forum”