Realistic TT for Jazz or Encore?

Got a hot employment or interview tip to help a fellow aviator find a job or looking for a little job advice place your posting here.

Moderators: ahramin, sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

C.W.E.
Rank 8
Rank 8

Re: Realistic TT for Jazz or Encore?

Post by C.W.E. » Fri Apr 19, 2019 5:38 pm

... anyway.. rant over... Seems like the industry is breeding more Air France Bonins day by day.... sighhh.
What is a "" Air France Bonin "" ?
---------- ADS -----------

Hilroy
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Hilroy » Fri Apr 19, 2019 6:07 pm

C.W.E. wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2019 5:38 pm
... anyway.. rant over... Seems like the industry is breeding more Air France Bonins day by day.... sighhh.
What is a "" Air France Bonin "" ?
Bonin is the pilot that got blamed for the crash of AF447, unable to recover from a stall at cruising altitude. He still had 3000 hours under his belt...

Master of Cessna 172
It has been 0 days since I've almost died in an airplane.
Never trust a student with fuel and oil.

smooth
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by smooth » Mon Jul 08, 2019 3:14 pm

I applied Porter and Encore and Jazz right at 1000 hours, i got offer for Encore and Porter. Never got a answer from Jazz, i've heard Jazz is looking for more multi engine which i didn't have.

jwaran90
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by jwaran90 » Tue Jul 09, 2019 9:35 am

smooth wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 3:14 pm
I applied Porter and Encore and Jazz right at 1000 hours, i got offer for Encore and Porter. Never got a answer from Jazz, i've heard Jazz is looking for more multi engine which i didn't have.
Hi Smooth,

Thanks for the information. Can you give a bit of colour regarding how you built those hours and your background (aviation college/university)? Also did you have any internal recommendations or was it a full OTS/blind application to the HR Team.

Cheers
JW

trey kule
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by trey kule » Tue Jul 09, 2019 11:32 am

maybe i'm just old fashioned and believe in a solid reference.
The majors dont give a rat’s patutti about bond jumping, or screwing your previous employer.
They need a pilot. You fit the profile. You’re hired.

Priority one is a family member working for the company already. Hours in the log book place a very distant second...or third , or fourth. Pilots often forget this and think log book time is the key. It isn’t.

Hours, for the most part are a check the box item, although they have some problems lately with pilots not qualifying for upgrade. Something the pilots knew going in. So the 1000 hours makes sense as a new hire can get their ATPL and be upgradeable without having to resort to one of the many “ get to 250PIC” options.

Everyone is a genius in hindsight

Return to “Employment Forum”