Need some advice

Got a hot employment or interview tip to help a fellow aviator find a job or looking for a little job advice place your posting here.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

Shinyjetsyndrome
Rank 2
Rank 2

Need some advice

Post by Shinyjetsyndrome »

---------- ADS -----------

Last edited by Shinyjetsyndrome on Sun May 12, 2019 5:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bradley Tucker
Rank 2
Rank 2

Re: Need some advice

Post by Bradley Tucker »

Well first off if you are contaplating going to a place that you put in brackets that you hope you don't get in to trouble then that tells me that you are not ready for an position on the line. This tells me as a pilot that the hours are more important then the safe operation of the aircraft to you. This is an acident waiting to happen.

Maybe you need to sit back and really look at what you want in your career. Do you want to be a safe pilot but take a bit longer to reach your goals or be a pilot that crosses the line of safety bit advances quicker.

Put your time in make the right dicesions and the right job will come up.

Good luck.

mixturerich
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by mixturerich »

Seniority is everything if airlines are you’re goal, so don’t @#$! around waiting. Any airplane can fly overweight just fine...until an engine fails...lol. Not actually funny but that’s the truth of it. We’ve all done it and glad we came out alive with lots of hours logged. Do your own risk assessment.

Personally, overweight in something with two PT6’s, sure, maybe, sometimes. Piston engines, no way, never.

matt foley
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by matt foley »

I will add on if I may. Overweight has consequences loooooong before an engine fails. Ones takeoff accelerate go/stop(think warning annunciator), climb gradient, time to climb(higher fuel burn, engine temps etc), cruise alt, landing distance required just to start are all affected. Far from being one to cast the first stone here but I always always always contemplate my degraded performance. Ie when committing such unforgivable sins flying single engine turbines in the north and carrying a little extra fuel, my gross weight single engine glide was no longer a truth. I witnessed others brief the GW speed knowing full well they were beyond it. That doesn't cut it for me. If something goes pear shaped(of my own doing or not) I want to know what speeds/procedures I should be using not what I tried to fool myself into believing was true when I briefed it. Even had a procedure to hold up X amount of fingers while briefing in the multi crew types to indicate how many knots we would add to V1, Vr and V2 without it being caught on the CVR...tsk tsk I know.
Anyhow, be smart and if you can't be smart be wise.

MF

Return to “Employment Forum”