Skynorth BE20 ads

Got a hot employment or interview tip to help a fellow aviator find a job or looking for a little job advice place your posting here.

Moderators: ahramin, sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

Post Reply
User avatar
703doge
Rank 1
Rank 1
Posts: 20
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2017 2:18 pm

Skynorth BE20 ads

Post by 703doge » Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:05 am

So what are these guys actually paying?

I recall seeing ads for the 200 a year ago saying that they started the captains at 72k.

Now they're not outright saying what they pay, but some of their captains have made $120k-$140k.

Just wondering if anyone really knows what the deal is?

Bork!
---------- ADS -----------
  
Bork Bork

digits_
Rank 10
Rank 10
Posts: 2248
Joined: Mon Feb 14, 2011 2:26 am

Re: Skynorth BE20 ads

Post by digits_ » Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:46 am

Top 5 senior captains. You can probably be there in 6 months nowadays in a medevac company :mrgreen:

You should apply and demand the advertised salary of 120k. Should be fun.
---------- ADS -----------
  

Roadrunnersmother
Rank 4
Rank 4
Posts: 204
Joined: Thu May 17, 2018 1:17 pm

Re: Skynorth BE20 ads

Post by Roadrunnersmother » Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:53 am

Weekly ads lately posted by skynorth.
If that salary was true a company wouldn't keep posting. But who wants to go there as skynorth is not going to be getting the new medevac contract.
Skynorth is bye bye, just a matter of time.
---------- ADS -----------
  

contactapproved
Rank 1
Rank 1
Posts: 36
Joined: Sun Sep 06, 2015 5:13 pm

Re: Skynorth BE20 ads

Post by contactapproved » Mon Jun 03, 2019 5:22 pm

Roadrunnersmother wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:53 am
Weekly ads lately posted by skynorth.
If that salary was true a company wouldn't keep posting. But who wants to go there as skynorth is not going to be getting the new medevac contract.
Skynorth is bye bye, just a matter of time.
What makes you so sure? Last I heard is they had the points for being an aboriginal owned business and some serious financial backing to buy what is needed for new said contract. Plus they’ve been the ones filling the majority of the current government air trips over the last couple of years. They may have their eggs in one basket but since it’s their specialty that could work in their favour. I wouldn’t write them off so easily. Since Keewatin’s little oopsie I highly doubt EIC has a chance which basically leaves Skynorth and Vanguard to duke it out.
In regards to the pay, I can’t speak for the current pay scale for a new person walking in the door but when I was there you can certainly start making some pretty serious dough in not that short of a time-you do A LOT of miles on a generous mileage formula . It was actually a great place to work, show up and do your best to get the job done and you’ll be treated like a proper human. Slack off and be a lazy slob and expect to be treated as so. Definitely one of the better management groups I’ve worked for.
---------- ADS -----------
  

Duukar
Rank 1
Rank 1
Posts: 42
Joined: Fri Dec 31, 2010 7:56 pm

Re: Skynorth BE20 ads

Post by Duukar » Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:43 pm

Great management group?

That's funny, when I worked for them they ran a 100% illegal schedule and ripped through 12 captains in one year as a result.

Dirty, run down crew houses. Forced bathroom cleaning time, even if you hadn't been up to the house in a month.
"You are a team player. Riiiight?" Worst of the worst destinations. Muddy disgusting plane every night that the FO has to mop up.

Oh and don't forget moving dangerous unsecured mental patients with unsearched backpacks with a 110 lbs nurse on board as your first line of defence.

I would avoid at all costs.
---------- ADS -----------
  

Duukar
Rank 1
Rank 1
Posts: 42
Joined: Fri Dec 31, 2010 7:56 pm

Re: Skynorth BE20 ads

Post by Duukar » Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:49 pm

contactapproved wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 5:22 pm
Roadrunnersmother wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:53 am
Weekly ads lately posted by skynorth.
If that salary was true a company wouldn't keep posting. But who wants to go there as skynorth is not going to be getting the new medevac contract.
Skynorth is bye bye, just a matter of time.
What makes you so sure? Last I heard is they had the points for being an aboriginal owned business and some serious financial backing to buy what is needed for new said contract. Plus they’ve been the ones filling the majority of the current government air trips over the last couple of years. They may have their eggs in one basket but since it’s their specialty that could work in their favour. I wouldn’t write them off so easily. Since Keewatin’s little oopsie I highly doubt EIC has a chance which basically leaves Skynorth and Vanguard to duke it out.
In regards to the pay, I can’t speak for the current pay scale for a new person walking in the door but when I was there you can certainly start making some pretty serious dough in not that short of a time-you do A LOT of miles on a generous mileage formula . It was actually a great place to work, show up and do your best to get the job done and you’ll be treated like a proper human. Slack off and be a lazy slob and expect to be treated as so. Definitely one of the better management groups I’ve worked for.
Slack off and be a lazy slob? You sound like a management shill... How many pilots do you know that are lazy slobs? You really are a gross person with comments like that.

Just reaffirms that pilots here are required to clean toilets and mop planes and if you don't you will be treated like the "lazy slob" you are. That's what 80k in education gets you.

Wake up dummy. There is a pilot shortage and these guys post adds weekly. It's not a good place to work.
---------- ADS -----------
  

contactapproved
Rank 1
Rank 1
Posts: 36
Joined: Sun Sep 06, 2015 5:13 pm

Re: Skynorth BE20 ads

Post by contactapproved » Tue Jun 04, 2019 12:27 am

Duukar wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:49 pm
How many pilots do you know that are lazy slobs?
I’ve met my fair share, and it sounds like the comment struck a chord with you. I’ve never worked illegal schedules nor was forced to do anything unsafe or that I didn’t want to do. Ya the northern bases could have been more ritzy but it was nice having nearly double the paycheque of the guys down the road with a nicer cabin. Hope you’re having more fun now...I stand by my original statement, there were definitely folks who were lazy slobs doing childish things for being grown adults. If there was a negative culture from management it was usually caused by these few select people.
---------- ADS -----------
  

Duukar
Rank 1
Rank 1
Posts: 42
Joined: Fri Dec 31, 2010 7:56 pm

Re: Skynorth BE20 ads

Post by Duukar » Tue Jun 04, 2019 7:57 am

I used the 6 on 6 off to get into crazy good shape. Also did lots of fishing to relax. Your comment struck a chord with me because I want to wring your neck for being one of the douche bags who likely made my life miserable while you pushed weather to pad your mileage.

However, when the lady next door offers to clean both houses for $15 an hour and management opts to use the flight crew to mop and scrub and clean I take exception. Back then I was an FO(with an ATPL), who do you think was tasked with most of the really nasty cleaning? Especially bad when you go up for the first time in a month and the bathroom looks like grand central station.

Also we went through two entire crews of captains in one year. Pulse check plus 500 mpic doesn't yield nice guys who are keen to carry their half of the cleaning.

Resetting for another 14 hours of duty after 9 hours of "rest" while ON shift when the phone doesn't ring isn't legal. It took an audit to make them stop.

Do you want me to continue? Things may have changed with the shortage, but I think it's fair to look to the past when people say things like "great management group".
---------- ADS -----------
  

digits_
Rank 10
Rank 10
Posts: 2248
Joined: Mon Feb 14, 2011 2:26 am

Re: Skynorth BE20 ads

Post by digits_ » Tue Jun 04, 2019 8:41 am

contactapproved wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 12:27 am
Duukar wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:49 pm
How many pilots do you know that are lazy slobs?
I’ve met my fair share, and it sounds like the comment struck a chord with you. I’ve never worked illegal schedules nor was forced to do anything unsafe or that I didn’t want to do. Ya the northern bases could have been more ritzy but it was nice having nearly double the paycheque of the guys down the road with a nicer cabin. Hope you’re having more fun now...I stand by my original statement, there were definitely folks who were lazy slobs doing childish things for being grown adults. If there was a negative culture from management it was usually caused by these few select people.
So how much do captains and fos make then?
---------- ADS -----------
  

contactapproved
Rank 1
Rank 1
Posts: 36
Joined: Sun Sep 06, 2015 5:13 pm

Re: Skynorth BE20 ads

Post by contactapproved » Tue Jun 04, 2019 11:47 am

Duukar wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 7:57 am
I used the 6 on 6 off to get into crazy good shape. Also did lots of fishing to relax. Your comment struck a chord with me because I want to wring your neck for being one of the douche bags who likely made my life miserable while you pushed weather to pad your mileage.

However, when the lady next door offers to clean both houses for $15 an hour and management opts to use the flight crew to mop and scrub and clean I take exception. Back then I was an FO(with an ATPL), who do you think was tasked with most of the really nasty cleaning? Especially bad when you go up for the first time in a month and the bathroom looks like grand central station.

Also we went through two entire crews of captains in one year. Pulse check plus 500 mpic doesn't yield nice guys who are keen to carry their half of the cleaning.

Resetting for another 14 hours of duty after 9 hours of "rest" while ON shift when the phone doesn't ring isn't legal. It took an audit to make them stop.

Do you want me to continue? Things may have changed with the shortage, but I think it's fair to look to the past when people say things like "great management group".
It sounds like we were certainly around there at different times as this was not my experience. The duty day resetting you speak of was non existent and a simple clean up after your week of living in a house took no more than 15 minutes if you weren’t a lazy slob living like trailer trash through the week...no different from other operators using northern crew houses. Not a douche bag either for pushing weather... Money was nice but I had people at home wanting me to come home when my week was done. I said no to trips often if I felt uneasy about the weather/maintenance etc and also left some patients behind for Gov air to deal with because I knew they’d be a hazard on my flight. All without getting flack from management.

If you are curious about the starting pay then send in a resume and they’ll probably get back to you with pay info if you’d look like a good fit. I can’t speak to what recent starting pay would be as I believe it’s gone through some major overhauls since I’ve been but I have heard of some folks coming back from the regionals to work there because the pay and schedule was too nice to be away from. I’ve also heard they negotiate if your experience is attractive to them. Another perk is the owners are ex AC guys with connections. It’s not an “official” pathways program but A LOT of captains have skipped over the regionals and got to AC from Skynorth. This may be a strong assumption but it seemed like if that was the direction you were wanting in your career they’d do their best to make it happen. Anyway, it was good when I was there, take it as you may. If it’s something you are curious in, send a resume and set up a chat. Worst that can happen is you walk away from the interview still looking for a gig that fits your tastes.
---------- ADS -----------
  

Roadrunnersmother
Rank 4
Rank 4
Posts: 204
Joined: Thu May 17, 2018 1:17 pm

Re: Skynorth BE20 ads

Post by Roadrunnersmother » Tue Jun 04, 2019 6:04 pm

contactapproved wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 11:47 am
Duukar wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 7:57 am
I used the 6 on 6 off to get into crazy good shape. Also did lots of fishing to relax. Your comment struck a chord with me because I want to wring your neck for being one of the douche bags who likely made my life miserable while you pushed weather to pad your mileage.

However, when the lady next door offers to clean both houses for $15 an hour and management opts to use the flight crew to mop and scrub and clean I take exception. Back then I was an FO(with an ATPL), who do you think was tasked with most of the really nasty cleaning? Especially bad when you go up for the first time in a month and the bathroom looks like grand central station.

Also we went through two entire crews of captains in one year. Pulse check plus 500 mpic doesn't yield nice guys who are keen to carry their half of the cleaning.

Resetting for another 14 hours of duty after 9 hours of "rest" while ON shift when the phone doesn't ring isn't legal. It took an audit to make them stop.

Do you want me to continue? Things may have changed with the shortage, but I think it's fair to look to the past when people say things like "great management group".
It sounds like we were certainly around there at different times as this was not my experience. The duty day resetting you speak of was non existent and a simple clean up after your week of living in a house took no more than 15 minutes if you weren’t a lazy slob living like trailer trash through the week...no different from other operators using northern crew houses. Not a douche bag either for pushing weather... Money was nice but I had people at home wanting me to come home when my week was done. I said no to trips often if I felt uneasy about the weather/maintenance etc and also left some patients behind for Gov air to deal with because I knew they’d be a hazard on my flight. All without getting flack from management.

If you are curious about the starting pay then send in a resume and they’ll probably get back to you with pay info if you’d look like a good fit. I can’t speak to what recent starting pay would be as I believe it’s gone through some major overhauls since I’ve been but I have heard of some folks coming back from the regionals to work there because the pay and schedule was too nice to be away from. I’ve also heard they negotiate if your experience is attractive to them. Another perk is the owners are ex AC guys with connections. It’s not an “official” pathways program but A LOT of captains have skipped over the regionals and got to AC from Skynorth. This may be a strong assumption but it seemed like if that was the direction you were wanting in your career they’d do their best to make it happen. Anyway, it was good when I was there, take it as you may. If it’s something you are curious in, send a resume and set up a chat. Worst that can happen is you walk away from the interview still looking for a gig that fits your tastes.
Greg is unprofessional and lightweight in my opinion. Wouldn't know an experienced king air captain if his life depended on it.
---------- ADS -----------
  

User avatar
703doge
Rank 1
Rank 1
Posts: 20
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2017 2:18 pm

Re: Skynorth BE20 ads

Post by 703doge » Sun Jun 09, 2019 5:30 pm

Okay, so what is the actual garunteed pay? Bonuses not included.
---------- ADS -----------
  
Bork Bork

User avatar
iflyforpie
Top Poster
Top Poster
Posts: 7753
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2008 12:25 pm
Location: Winterfell...

Re: Skynorth BE20 ads

Post by iflyforpie » Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:24 am

500$
---------- ADS -----------
  
Geez did I say that....? Or just think it....?

FAF
Rank 1
Rank 1
Posts: 36
Joined: Wed Sep 10, 2014 8:59 pm

Re: Skynorth BE20 ads

Post by FAF » Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:35 pm

iflyforpie wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:24 am
500$
Surprised that took so long to make an appearance.
---------- ADS -----------
  

Post Reply

Return to “Employment Forum”