Calgary based operators

Got a hot employment or interview tip to help a fellow aviator find a job or looking for a little job advice place your posting here.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

172_Captain
Rank 3
Rank 3

Calgary based operators

Post by 172_Captain »

Looking for insight into operators in the YYC area that offer rotational schedules, and that are home most nights. Don’t care about the job or the equipment too much. Quality of life is what I’m after. Been flying a high performance multi turbine for Medevac operations that the 4 years. Have 4,000 hours, 2,500 multi turbine, 2,000 multi turbine PIC. I’ve been hearing good thinks about Sunwest and Canwest.
---------- ADS -----------

praveen4143
Rank 5
Rank 5

Re: Calgary based operators

Post by praveen4143 »

Pasco operates Saab 340 as Westjet Link out of YYC. Back home every night except when you do a night split which means you leave after 10 pm and back here for 8.30 am.

shimmydampner
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by shimmydampner »

I'm sorry, you want a rotational job... based in Calgary...that has you home every night....did I read that right?

co-joe
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by co-joe »

Canwest is a viable option but they will start you in Ft Vermillion, or High Level, YYC is the carrot they have to dangle. I wouldnt do it unless they pay for travel and at least have subsidized housing. A few friends stayed there after they took over the province and it sounds like a good job. The pay came up to where it should be, brand new machines, 6 months a year off, no pressure. Plus the medics are awesome, APL treats their people well so it's a good environment all around.

Sunwest is not rotational, but they do pay a lot more than their competition across the field. They do have 705, and jet carrot to dangle, and there is vertical movement but it is slow. I'm sure you work a lot.

Return to “Employment Forum”