Northwestern Air Lease

Got a hot employment or interview tip to help a fellow aviator find a job or looking for a little job advice place your posting here.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

triplebarrel
Rank 2
Rank 2

Northwestern Air Lease

Post by triplebarrel »

Hello Everyone,

I was wondering if anyone could kindly give me some information on NWAL. I am very interested in becoming a First Officer with them.

Some of the info I'd like are things like:
  • Safety, moral, culture and maintenance
  • Since I am a low timer, current time on ramp before FO
  • How I could upgrade within the company even when the 31/32 is 2 crew. With this I am wondering how I'd get my PIC hours since I believe you need the ATPL to become a captain (on a min 2 crew aircraft)
  • Overall business. How busy they get and generally are in terms of flights. How many hours per year I'd get perhaps. I like to be busy. Finding things around the hangar is something I am good at as well but I like places with volume
  • Pay for rampies and/or First Officers
Thanks for taking the time to read this, any info helps. Feel free to PM me.
---------- ADS -----------

rigpiggy
Rank 10
Rank 10

Re: Northwestern Air Lease

Post by rigpiggy »

I had a low time fo go there after company closed the doors... 5 years later captains bond paid out, and of to the year show

triplebarrel
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by triplebarrel »

rigpiggy wrote: Sat Mar 07, 2020 7:55 pm I had a low time fo go there after company closed the doors... 5 years later captains bond paid out, and of to the year show
right on, I have not heard anything bad about this company

co-joe
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by co-joe »

I met one of their hiring people at a job fair a few years ago. They were offering rotational jobs (2 and 2 I think) and since they fly a sched down to YEG you could still be in civilization half the year. He gave me a free hat so I'm contractually obligated to give him a good reference.

triplebarrel
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by triplebarrel »

co-joe wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 9:48 am I met one of their hiring people at a job fair a few years ago. They were offering rotational jobs (2 and 2 I think) and since they fly a sched down to YEG you could still be in civilization half the year. He gave me a free hat so I'm contractually obligated to give him a good reference.
Yeah the rotational option would probably be more for the captains? Even if so I'll live anywhere. That's really nice of them though with the hat! Thank-you

Moosemeat
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Moosemeat »

The 2 on and 2 off is for Captains. FOs work ops-ramp when not on the sched. Busy place. Watched a young guy come in June last summer with the right attitude and work ethics. Last month he is was in the right seat of a Jetstream with a PPC in his pocket. Again, ethics and the right attitude is paramount but it’s not a place for those who are lazy or feel “entitled”. Lots of opportunity for the right people to gain probably the best hands on experience you can get and build an amazing resume.

triplebarrel
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by triplebarrel »

Moosemeat wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 7:37 pm The 2 on and 2 off is for Captains. FOs work ops-ramp when not on the sched. Busy place. Watched a young guy come in June last summer with the right attitude and work ethics. Last month he is was in the right seat of a Jetstream with a PPC in his pocket. Again, ethics and the right attitude is paramount but it’s not a place for those who are lazy or feel “entitled”. Lots of opportunity for the right people to gain probably the best hands on experience you can get and build an amazing resume.
thank you man, excellent to hear. I appreciate the information

Return to “Employment Forum”