Jazz pilot interview tips?

Got a hot employment or interview tip to help a fellow aviator find a job or looking for a little job advice place your posting here.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

PJP
Rank 0
Rank 0

Jazz pilot interview tips?

Post by PJP »

Hi guys, I am new to this forum, just would like to seek for some help/tips about my upcoming Jazz pilot interview. :prayer:
I understand it is going to be behavioral type interview as it states in the email as well. However, I would like to know if anyone could share any of the real questions? The other question is about the reference part, my current job is an AME apprentice with Air Canada, I have no problem providing the references who I report directly but they are not my employers (As an apprentice, you basically are assigned and report work by licensed AMEs). I mean I do have two base managers but I don't really talk to them as AC is such a big company we don't often communicate with management that much. Therefore, I doubt I can just go to them for this without making the air awkward, plus I don't wanna tell my employer I'm thinking otherwise. Please tell me whether this issue will become problematic?

One last kinda off topic question, what do y'all think this coronavirus will impact aviation because I'm really worried about my current maintenance job as well as pilot (so far they have postpone or cancel this interview yet, it's only 7 days away).

Thanks very much!
---------- ADS -----------

canadianpilot101
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: Jazz pilot interview tips?

Post by canadianpilot101 »

I hope you know they’re no longer hiring.

“Due to the COVID19 pandemic, we regret to inform you that we are postponing indefinitely all interviews and assessments for positions with Jazz Aviation LP.

We will retain your profile in our database and be in contact with you should circumstances change.

Thank you for taking the time to participate in the recruitment process with Jazz Aviation. We truly appreciate your interest in the company and wish you continued success in reaching your professional goals.”

PJP
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by PJP »

canadianpilot101 wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 11:03 am I hope you know they’re no longer hiring.

“Due to the COVID19 pandemic, we regret to inform you that we are postponing indefinitely all interviews and assessments for positions with Jazz Aviation LP.

We will retain your profile in our database and be in contact with you should circumstances change.

Thank you for taking the time to participate in the recruitment process with Jazz Aviation. We truly appreciate your interest in the company and wish you continued success in reaching your professional goals.”
I understand, this is not an interview for a job right away, it's a bit complicated, it's for next year's job.

jpilot77
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by jpilot77 »

Then maybe ask next year champ.

Welcome to Redneck Airlines. We might not get you there but we'll get you close!
leftoftrack
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by leftoftrack »

they wont be hiring next year either

Outlaw58
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by Outlaw58 »

leftoftrack wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 12:15 pm they wont be hiring next year either
And you know this how?

Don't bother answering, it was a rhetorical question. Jazz' upper management doesn't even know when the recall of laid off pilots is going to happen... So I will take your "insight" for what it's worth.

Inverted2
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by Inverted2 »

All depends if the mother corp hires. If they don’t hire then Jazz doesn’t hire. Only 20-30 retirements/yr for the next couple of years.

Let’s Go Brandon

Return to “Employment Forum”