BETTER HURRY!! THEM PPCs BE EXPIRING!!

Got a hot employment or interview tip to help a fellow aviator find a job or looking for a little job advice place your posting here.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

iflyforpie
Top Poster
Top Poster

BETTER HURRY!! THEM PPCs BE EXPIRING!!

Post by iflyforpie »

Qualifications

- Canadian Commercial or Airline Transport Pilots Licence
- Valid Category 1 Medical
- Minimum 1500hrs Total Time
- Must hold PPC on type. Single pilot IFR experience considered an asset
- The ability to read and write English
- Valid Radio Telephone Operators Certificate issued by Industry Canada
- Ability to lift 75 lbs and climb ladders
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=140603

I hope nobody qualified applies and they have to do at the very least a renewal. Transferable PPCs are bollocks.

Typed? Sure but I don’t believe that applies for a 208. Experienced? Ok. Current PPC? Cheap ass mofos.
---------- ADS -----------

Geez did I say that....? Or just think it....?
tbayav8er
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: BETTER HURRY!! THEM PPCs BE EXPIRING!!

Post by tbayav8er »

1000 hours PIC on a Q400, but I don't qualify for this Caravan job....

goingnowherefast
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by goingnowherefast »

Caravan doesn't have buckets of power to fly though any problems. Caravans are under powered, and flying around northern Canada in the winter. It's a different animal.

Anyway, I thought they decided requiring a PPC wasn't legal. The employer was obligated to do the required training.

iflyforpie
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by iflyforpie »

goingnowherefast wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:58 pm Caravan doesn't have buckets of power to fly though any problems. Caravans are under powered, and flying around northern Canada in the winter. It's a different animal.

Anyway, I thought they decided requiring a PPC wasn't legal. The employer was obligated to do the required training.
You mean where DAs are negative and everything is cold-soaked? What if a pilot from La Ronge who’s flown nothing but Navajos for a decade applied for the job.. but was beat out by a guy who used to fly for Morningstar out of YYZ?

Geez did I say that....? Or just think it....?
porcsord
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by porcsord »

I don't work for them, but maybe, just maybe.... it's because it's a royal pain in the ass to go to sim and then isolate for 2 weeks. If they need someone now, why not look for a guy or gal who can start tomorrow, not in 4 weeks.

As for the 1000 PIC on Q400 and not qualified for the caravan... no shit, it's a different airplane. Besides, you'll probably run back to jazz or encore the second you get the call.

Good on them for listing exactly what they are looking for, and exactly what they are offering.

planebored
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by planebored »

tbayav8er wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 9:48 am 1000 hours PIC on a Q400, but I don't qualify for this Caravan job....
2000 hours on a Ho'
1500 hours on a dash
800 hours on a 787

Also don't qualify.

This is the way.

planebored
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by planebored »

goingnowherefast wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:58 pm Caravan doesn't have buckets of power to fly though any problems. Caravans are under powered, and flying around northern Canada in the winter. It's a different animal.

Bro, it's a Caravan.

It's not rocket surgery.

Bacunayagua
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Bacunayagua »

Boomers love to call millennials entitled. But the level of entitlement I'm seeing lately from high time pilots its just unbelievable. Just because you have hours doesn't mean you're a good fit for the job.

It also doesn't take a genius to realize they have one or two positions open. So even if they take one or two of you sky gods, the vast majority will still be SOL.

Freeport_Flyer
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Freeport_Flyer »

porcsord wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 11:56 pm Good on them for listing exactly what they are looking for, and exactly what they are offering.
I like the part about working by yourself with bears.

PeterParker
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by PeterParker »

Bacunayagua wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 10:43 am Boomers love to call millennials entitled. But the level of entitlement I'm seeing lately from high time pilots its just unbelievable. Just because you have hours doesn't mean you're a good fit for the job.
Boomers are the OG snowflakes.

schnitzel2k3
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by schnitzel2k3 »

iflyforpie wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:30 pm

You mean where DAs are negative and everything is cold-soaked? What if a pilot from La Ronge who’s flown nothing but Navajos for a decade applied for the job.. but was beat out by a guy who used to fly for Morningstar out of YYZ?
It's a moot (corrected from mute, lol) point, as I can't imagine any Morningstar van drivers applying for this job. And yes, they are signficantly more qualified. Great lake icing in a caravan is much more challenging than anything seen in SK or Alberta. I'll give you it's cold a.f in SK though. I think those boys are born with uranium in their blood to keep 'em warm.

Last edited by schnitzel2k3 on Wed Sep 23, 2020 1:08 am, edited 2 times in total.
Chaxterium
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Chaxterium »

schnitzel2k3 wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 11:03 pm It's a mute point
The term is 'moot point'.

schnitzel2k3
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by schnitzel2k3 »

Chaxterium wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 9:36 am
schnitzel2k3 wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 11:03 pm It's a mute point
The term is 'moot point'.
Touche. I was thinking when I wrote it, gramatically it didn't sound quite right. Gotta stop the late night surfing.

JohnnyHotRocks
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by JohnnyHotRocks »

porcsord wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 11:56 pm I don't work for them, but maybe, just maybe.... it's because it's a royal pain in the ass to go to sim and then isolate for 2 weeks. If they need someone now, why not look for a guy or gal who can start tomorrow, not in 4 weeks.
There is no requirement to isolate after sim training regardless of where it is.

goingnowherefast
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by goingnowherefast »

Still don't need to go to sim with an expired PPC, depends on how long expired though.

currysonic
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by currysonic »

planebored wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 9:12 pm
tbayav8er wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 9:48 am 1000 hours PIC on a Q400, but I don't qualify for this Caravan job....
2000 hours on a Ho'
1500 hours on a dash
800 hours on a 787

Also don't qualify.

This is the way.
This is the way.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uelA7KRLINA

flying4dollars
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by flying4dollars »

There appears to be this notion that airline pilots are over qualified or don't fit the bill since the flying is very different than flying a turboprop or piston in the bush without the help of an operations control or dispatch. I get that, but let's not forget a lot of airline pilots started their careers with thousands of hours doing that kind of flying. It's just going back to roots for many.

In terms of why those pilots aren't getting calls for these types of jobs, it should be pretty obvious.

planebored
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by planebored »

Nothing makes sense in this industry. I've learned that experience really doesn't matter at all.

All my old entry level ish jobs were secured through connections and now at the airlines I'm just a number.

shimmydampner
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by shimmydampner »

Bacunayagua wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 10:43 am But the level of entitlement I'm seeing lately from high time pilots its just unbelievable.
I've seen no evidence that anyone complaining here is "high time" or has any experience that - given the last 5 years in aviation - couldn't have been easily obtained by anyone in their mid to late twenties.

flyinhigh
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by flyinhigh »

tbayav8er, with only 1000 PIC Q400 I would say that most of your pic time is on the Q which would lead me to believe that your younger generation which was very fortunate to walk into a great airline job. Cuddos to you if this is the case, however the down side is that, if that is the case the insurance requirements alone would probably rule you out.

planebored. Same situation buddy. The mentality is that you will pull shoot the second you get a call back and that since you have lived the high life you will most likely bitch all the time about working conditions.

planebored wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 9:12 pm
2000 hours on a Ho'
1500 hours on a dash
800 hours on a 787

Also don't qualify.

This is the way.

Return to “Employment Forum”