hiring minimums

Got a hot employment or interview tip to help a fellow aviator find a job or looking for a little job advice place your posting here.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

carnie
Rank 2
Rank 2

hiring minimums

Post by carnie »

Just noticed an advert looking for a couple of 206 drivers in the big smoke. Are the minimums they are requesting comparable to other 206 operators?
---------- ADS -----------

Jet Dog
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Jet Dog »

I think the 1000TT is for the van single pilot, with split duties on the 206.. thats my guess, otherwise no its not comparable to other 206 time req. across the country

JOE BOY
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by JOE BOY »

They are looking for a Van driver but... 250 on type..ouch! Still looking for a couple 206 drivers as of wednesday

Good luck,

JOE BOY

jimmyjazz
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by jimmyjazz »

Unfortunatley it is comparable now. The last company I was at the insurance required 1500 for a new hire on to the 206. We managed to talk them down to 750 but had to pay an extra 3g's for insurance and have 100 hours supervised pic after 50 hours dual to get him on. Ridiculous I know but that was the only choice.

It seems the only option for newbies is to instruct to get 1500 hours or get work on the ramp and try to get in the right seat, but then you've got no pic and you're euchered anyway so you have to instruct to get the pic.

Nothing against instructors just not everyone should do it(especially me I'd get fired for asking all the students what the f*#@*'s wrong with you, are you an idiot)

cyyz
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by cyyz »

jimmyjazz wrote:Nothing against instructors just not everyone should do it(especially me I'd get fired for asking all the students what the f*#@*'s wrong with you, are you an idiot)
They signed up to be pilots, why waste your time asking a rhetorical question....

C206Pilot
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by C206Pilot »

i dont suppose anyone would happen to know of any other companies possibly looking for C206/207 drivers this spring, especially anywhere in ontario?

cyyz
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by cyyz »

Some of the skydive operators...

don't rock the boat
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by don't rock the boat »

Try Niagara Air Tours... last I heard they got a couple 207s, 3 or 4 206's and a couple 172s

goldeneagle
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by goldeneagle »

cyyz wrote:
jimmyjazz wrote:Nothing against instructors just not everyone should do it(especially me I'd get fired for asking all the students what the f*#@*'s wrong with you, are you an idiot)
They signed up to be pilots, why waste your time asking a rhetorical question....
I think somebody owes me for a replacement keyboard. I spewed pepsi all over this one reading that, hillarious......

CaptainHaddock
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by CaptainHaddock »

Air Sandy run lead sleds (206's) on floats out of Sandy Lake reservation

Return to “Employment Forum”