Wasaya Ramp position

Got a hot employment or interview tip to help a fellow aviator find a job or looking for a little job advice place your posting here.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

flyinthebug
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Wasaya Ramp position

Post by flyinthebug »

Good Morning... Wasaya Airways has an immediate opening for a ramp attendant in CYRL. Please forward your resume via fax (807) 662-1119.
Attention Base Manager.

Starting wage 9$-10$ per hour to start. Review in 90 days.

Normal progression to the flight line. Hard work = progression

Good Luck!

PS..*hint* A road trip here for a newbie would equal right place/ right time if he were here today!
---------- ADS -----------

Doc
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Doc »

FTB...did you wet the bed?? Hint....show up on a bike!!
And, they do put their ramppies on good equipment.

Mig29
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Mig29 »

what would you need to get direct right seat in Wasaya as of present moment??
thanks

seiger
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by seiger »

Tits

Mig29
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Mig29 »

ok....beside that :wink: cause I dont have that pre-req...

Doc
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Doc »

Okay, I dont work there...however, this should be in the ballpark.
1500 TT
150 multi
IFR
Got to look at what they operate..PC12's, Be1900's, Hawkers and, the mighty Caravan!
Pretty typical.

cyyz
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by cyyz »

You can get a job as VP presently, think it pays more...

whiteguy
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by whiteguy »

Take a look at their website. They want 1000 hrs for direct entry or at least 500 for a ramp position in YPL or YRL. I think you get some right seat flying on the Caravan at those 2 bases.

flyinthebug
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by flyinthebug »

Thanks for answering the questions for me Doc. Ive been away from the puter for 4 days now. In anycase, we still require one more ramp attendant in CYRL. I listed our phone number instead of the fax so please fax resumes to (807) 662-1144. I apologize for the error in my earlier post.

Best of luck to all.
Fly safe, Cheers

Cap'n P8
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Cap'n P8 »

The last few new-hires, that came into the company went right-seat in the PC12. They both had around a 1000 hours. One was a float driver, the other was an instructor. Neither had very much IFR but are doing quite well...Neither of them had breasts...as if that matters anyways!

"Hell, I'll fly up your ass if the money's right!"
Orlando Jones - Say It Isn't So
whiteguy
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by whiteguy »

How long would the wait be on the ramp with 250 MIFR? Any credit for the time I put in when I worked there before in 93-95?

Bushwacker
Rank 0
Rank 0

Time will Tell

Post by Bushwacker »

Wasaya is a great place to work, good people, but it is northern work, so stay away if your not willing to bust your rear for year. Direct entries are rare, but with any company, if the need is that great, they do. They prefer to hire within which is great, so go in with a good attitude, work hard, and you'll be rewarded eventually.

Trust your instincts and just go where the money is.
. .
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by . . »

are you on acid dude? How many guys have the passed over on the ramp so they could hire from outside of the company?

Doc
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Doc »

That's the whole problem with low time guys hired as rampies. The hard feelings, when the company needs guys with a bit of time to actually fly! And the problem ain't just Wasaya. It's industry wide! If you have 250 hours, and work the ramps, you WILL be passed over from time to time! I've always said (Hell, Preached!!) pilots should aim for a seat in an airplane first, and a ramp/doc job only when there is NO other job out there! I've always wondered why so many pilots are willing to spend 30-40 large, and be willing to spend a year, or two on a dock?? After the year on the ramp, these guys still have 250 hours...so, is it a source of cheap labour.......

. .
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by . . »

It isn't just limited to upgrades off the ramp there as I'm sure you must be aware Doc. Perhaps ask a few of the guys that used to crew with you how many times they were passed over for upgrades within the company.

Cap'n P8
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Cap'n P8 »

All of the guys that were workin on the ramp in Pickle Lake when I was there last year have already moved onto the their third aircraft already (three caravan captains and two Beech 1900 FO's.) Say what you will but most of them only had a fresh commercial muli IFR. Now they are either logging PIC time on the Van or type rated on a transport category twin. Also some of the next guys are already on the Pilatus. I don't think you'll hear any complaints from the above-mentioned. My advice...get while the gettings good!

"Hell, I'll fly up your ass if the money's right!"
Orlando Jones - Say It Isn't So
bravowhiskey
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by bravowhiskey »

I'm currently working with wasaya on the ground in YPL and its not a bad place to work at all. Everything I see looks good, lots of movement with more expected later this year. We have a new chief pilot that worked his way up from the ground and is an awesome guy. I'd recommend anyone to go this route, good equipment, good people to work with and has everything you need.

Raybanman
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Raybanman »

Yes, but does the base manager buy you beers? ;) Theres an interesting idea no?? Thats what I'd call incentive, eh FTB :>

Cheers,
PP

Some people are like slinkies: Not much good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.
HighBypass
Rank 3
Rank 3

Beers

Post by HighBypass »

Pilots and the ramp guy get beers after a long day from their boss in the "knife.

Now try and guess which company.

redbaron80
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by redbaron80 »

I would suggest that you take that job. Wasaya is a great place to work. The people there are good and the machines are well maintained. The CP, old and new, is a great guy, who has been around for a long time. They are hiring for flying positions as well. All the people that are still there, are being upgraded into bigger planes, or better jobs. I liked my time there. The winter is long but you will gain for valuable experience and work with some great people. Take it.

Return to “Employment Forum”