Thunder Airlines..FO's...

Got a hot employment or interview tip to help a fellow aviator find a job or looking for a little job advice place your posting here.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

Doc
Top Poster
Top Poster

Thunder Airlines..FO's...

Post by Doc »

This ad has been in pretty often. Is there a big turn over at Thunder? Are they loosing captains? Or FO's? Still only hire FO's?....aw, I think you know where I'm going here....
---------- ADS -----------

BusDriver
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by BusDriver »

I don't think there is anything wrong with hiring only FO's. If you are a capable pilot you will be upgraded accordingly. I also think Thunder has stepped it up a bit due to the lack of experienced pilots kicking around. There starting pay is very close to similiar operators and a quick upgrade is a definite. Mr. Mackie is a pretty good guy to work for in my opinion.

Pierre Maguire should have his larnyx ripped out! IDIOT!
TopRudder
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by TopRudder »

Thats great!

LOL

thanks for the laugh

dangerous
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by dangerous »

If this trend keeps up, is there any chance they'd hire guys with very little multi time? I know you can't be captain on MOH flights until you have the 500, but maybe they could let the guy be PIC on the empty legs. This may extend the average time a pilot stays with Thunder, thus working in Thunder's favour.

"Yeah. There is a problem. You...because you're dangerous. You're dangerous and foolish - and that makes you dangerous! Now, let's cut the...crap. We've got a plane to fly. Let's try to be on time, okay?"
~Val Kilmer, Saturday Night Live
flyinhigh
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by flyinhigh »

Dangerous, you're right something like that would work out good however we could only do something like that with the kingairs as they do alot of charters, our mu2's are MOH dedicated so said individual wouldn't get to do anything like that.

jackfm
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by jackfm »

It's interesting to read that they are still looking. 2-3 weeks ago I updated my info with nearily 2000TT, 500mpic and an A-ticket. I was very excited and truely hoping to work for thunder.

Turns out someone in the industry who knew me was contacted by thunder and they sewer'ed me and any chances along with it. Mr. Mackie was straight-up in saying no and that he heard a negative ref. His honesty was appreciated. But it still stings a little.

In this small, tight-knit industry, it is important to know who your friends are. It is equally importantly to know your enemies...and watch-out for those lying beneath the surface that you aren't even aware that you've offend in some manner.

Best of luck to those who apply.

cyyz
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by cyyz »

jackfm wrote: Turns out someone in the industry who knew me was contacted by thunder and they sewer'ed me and any chances along with it. Mr. Mackie was straight-up in saying no and that he heard a negative ref. His honesty was appreciated. But it still stings a little..
Were they listed as your references?? Or did they just call your employer for fun? Just curious...

And you should kick the guy in the balls for screwing you, unless you worked at Regency, then the "bad" reference, wasn't "that bad."

desksgo
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by desksgo »

If they were a previous employer, I think they have violated a labour code of some sort. I am also a bit curious to hear a bit more about the circumstances regarding this negative reference.

I know some people deserve a little negative publicity, but you can also get into trouble simply by doing the RIGHT thing at the WRONG company. Catch my drift?

Probably worth a thread of its own?

KutKut
Rank 1
Rank 1

Thunder

Post by KutKut »

"I know some people deserve a little negative publicity, but you can also get into trouble simply by doing the RIGHT thing at the WRONG company. Catch my drift?"

Amen, well said desksgo!

Return to “Employment Forum”