Looking for info on work anywhere

Got a hot employment or interview tip to help a fellow aviator find a job or looking for a little job advice place your posting here.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

One-Ill
Rank 0
Rank 0

Looking for info on work anywhere

Post by One-Ill »

Been like the many other pilots out there struggling to find work. Just wondering if this request might get me some where. I dont care where it is I just want to get flying or how bad the pay, I am sitting here spending all my saveings I could sit some where else doing that as long as i was getting some air time. I work hard at any thing I do, I have owned to of my own business's and sold them for profit.
Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanx and hope everyone finds what they need to.
---------- ADS -----------

LOW-TIMER WILL FLY FOR FOOD
500+TT 150+multi 400+pic w/sea-plane & ifr
Fusion
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Fusion »

Go North, although it might be too late for this summer, you may see a slight turnover in August or September again, but being in YVR or YYZ is not going to help you. Anywhere in Northern Canada or Northern Ontario picks up low time guys. Just pick the place you can withstand for a few years.

ahramin
Rank Moderator
Rank Moderator

Post by ahramin »

One-Ill, don't worry you are not alone. There is no shortage of invertebrates looking to drive down the working conditions.

Regency Express is looking for pilots in your location. Give them a call.

Phlyer
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by Phlyer »

ahramin
It's one thing to shoot down a guy trying to make a go, but to recommend that company is really below the belt.
How did you become an administrator on this site with an attitude like that?
Grow up.
Foto

richpilot
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by richpilot »

Don't get me started on Regency.
What a bunch of *********** they are. :evil:

Editted for language by Bandaid, you can make your point without the use of bad language. Again, this is a public forum.

enroute
Rank 1
Rank 1

Hey Av, Check this one out...

Post by enroute »

richpilot wrote:Don't get me started on Regency.
What a bunch of ********** they are. :evil:
Hey Av,

How come you don't put a stop to this posting like you did to the one for Atlantic Charters. Seems there wasn't any foul language used in that forum!!!

Oh and by the way, I did send you an email, how come you haven't replied???

allo
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by allo »

Fusion-

since you say it's worth a shot going north for pilots, is it the same for AME apprentinces?

Fusion
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Fusion »

It seems to be pretty good for AME apprentices as well, but I don't know what the turn over is like for them. A lot of new summer students at the moment, most will probably go back to school in the fall, so I would imagine the opportunity is there in the fall as well. PM me if you want any other info.

One-Ill
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by One-Ill »

Hey thanx for the insight and the PM's I would go north but I cant bring my self to go blindly, I'd go anywhere even the worst dive there is for some hours and you would never know I hated it (I eat shit with the best of them :lol: ). Just cant go some where and hope for the best that wouldn't make any more sense then what I'm doing now.

Thanks again guys :D

bandaid
Rank 10
Rank 10

Re: Hey Av, Check this one out...

Post by bandaid »

enroute wrote:
richpilot wrote:Don't get me started on Regency.
What a bunch of ********** they are. :evil:
Hey Av,

How come you don't put a stop to this posting like you did to the one for Atlantic Charters. Seems there wasn't any foul language used in that forum!!!

Oh and by the way, I did send you an email, how come you haven't replied???

I know how much work he does just keeping this thing up and running for you guys. I'm sure he will get to a reply when he has a spare minute.

perplexed
Rank 0
Rank 0

regency

Post by perplexed »

Can't believe anyone would suggest going to regency...word has it TC has their files and while I'm at it apparently westex is out of $

ahramin
Rank Moderator
Rank Moderator

Post by ahramin »

Westex is solvent.

richpilot
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by richpilot »

Sorry about the bad language guys.
Its just that I get a bit frustrated whenever I hear of Regency.

ScudRunner
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by ScudRunner »

Worst dive eh. Well Bob what do we have for him! We got a little place called Ursus Aviation in beautiful Tulita, NWT. Maintenance? well the Atco trailer is a sight to behold in addition you can watch the kids play in mysterious "WRECKED AZTEC LAND" :shock: . Oh and if you love MULLETS then you've hit the JACKPOT this incredible "Surrey Trans Am Special" sported by the main man at Cannibal Air will leave you aww struck :o. Ah and if that isnt enough the money will be flowing as you fly midnight "supply" runs. Watch as North Wright Air sits on the ground while your Sleek 207 purrs through the Arctic Air and you proclaim "Freezing rain my ass". Yes this and luxory accomdation in the Tulita Hilton could be yours if the price is right.

ScudRunner
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by ScudRunner »

Last edited by ScudRunner on Mon Jun 14, 2004 12:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ScudRunner
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by ScudRunner »

wow quad posting a new record f*** puter

Last edited by ScudRunner on Mon Jun 14, 2004 1:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ScudRunner
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by ScudRunner »

doh

One-Ill
Rank 0
Rank 0

Hehe Haha

Post by One-Ill »

Belive it or not but I have actualy applied there before guess they didn't like me or more so like allways a mailed or faxed resume finds its way to the circular file. :cry:

wallypilot
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by wallypilot »

One-Ill, you said:

"Just cant go some where and hope for the best that wouldn't make any more sense then what I'm doing now."

But it does make more sense, if you do it the right time of year. You are much more likely to find something in one of those places up north than in YYZ or YVR. And at least up there, you are hanging out with other pilots and even if something doesn't come up in that town, well, you are getting to know people, and you may hear of something that way. It does make a lot more sense than sitting in YVR or YYZ also because CP's don't need to even need to call anyone who just sends a resume, because so many others have stopped by, that they have a full list of people that they have met in person.

anyways,
my $.02 after a few good years in the industry that followed a tough start and long job search.

cheers
wp

Return to “Employment Forum”