Got a hot employment or interview tip to help a fellow aviator find a job or looking for a little job advice place your posting here.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

CAL
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by CAL »

---------- ADS -----------

Last edited by CAL on Wed Jul 14, 2004 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Doc
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Doc »

At the same time, one should be made aware of some of the shortcommings of working in the Cayman Islands. While, it's true, the scuba diving is topped only by the Red Sea and the GBR down under, the price of being there is bloody staggering! Try $11 CI for a burger! And if you don't have "Cayman Status", you can forget the Boeings! They are very much for their own people...which is how it should be!

cyyz
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by cyyz »

I don't think a person with 750 hours was planning on flying for a year in a caravan and get upgraded to a 727.

Doc
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Doc »

And a caravan and a 727 would have what to do with it?

just curious
Rank Moderator
Rank Moderator

Post by just curious »

On the other hand, the possibility is there that a guy could drive an otter for a couple seasons and wind up on a 737 :wink:

Always Moving
Rank 3
Rank 3

LUCK OF THE HAT?

Post by Always Moving »

DOC!
Usually you have pretty level coments but this one :oops:

I VERY MUCH disagree with "that is how it should be"

May be the luck of been born in a this o that country give you.......what right?

I have seen a lot of inept pilots flying planes that they shouldn't be flying because of THAT reason.

Like the guy in Costa Rica that it takes him 30 minutes more than anyone else to get to Miami... hum.... I wonder why?

May the best get the best!

Doc
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Doc »

I dont think I gave the impression ya had to have been born in a certain place...I just think a country should look after it's own before they hire off-shore talent. Now, "their own" could be landed immagrants, new or not so new citizians of that country...how'd you like it if I hired a guy from (pick your country) over you..IF.. you were a qualified applicant? Now in the example of Grand Cayman, they may have to. BUT, and this is my point....it's not the first choice...and that person will be passed over for promotion the very SECOND they find someone with "status" to move up the ladder. And, just so ya know....I worked there for a six month contract flying a Navajo...mostly to the Brac and back. They are really into their own down there!
Cheers

Always Moving
Rank 3
Rank 3

Everyone entitle to its own opinion

Post by Always Moving »

That sounds better.
I still do not agree ( but what a boring world if everyone agree)
I think if both person with the SAME qualifiatiuons, yes pick the one from inside the country, very rare two people have same qualifications though.
And there is levels lof this in many countries you can not even get a CPL unless you are a resident or like in some other you have to be a citizen.
Besides what are you protecting, and protecting starting to sound like an UNION and i do not like unions( let's not get into it pleas!)

kalaynarb
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by kalaynarb »

always moving,are you french?

Always Moving
Rank 3
Rank 3

NO

Post by Always Moving »

No, why? the spelling? It is my second language, but I do not know, after mostly writing in english, if I am any better at it.
I will try to be more carefull :D

Return to “Employment Forum”