A Job for ANY Desperate Flight Instructors (MontairAviation)

Got a hot employment or interview tip to help a fellow aviator find a job or looking for a little job advice place your posting here.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

av8tor_assrope
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by av8tor_assrope »

this is for front. WHA WHA WHAAAA somebody call the WHAAAAAAAAAAmbulance. you're not the first, nor the last to have a bad experience with a flight school. if you don't like the training, or the way you're being treated....LEAVE...or find another instructor!!!! stop bitching for christ sake. i bet you chose montair because you saw their flashy ads in wings magazine, or because they had the brightest sign on the field........or largest fleet. the trick is to find a good instructor...that's all you need. it doesn't have to be in a brand new 172 tricked out to the tits with two flat panels..it could be a beat up piece of shit 152...or even a taildragger if you had real balls. just find a good instructor and do us all a favour and shut up.

cheers
---------- ADS -----------

I want to die like my grandfather did, peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming in terror like his passengers...
B-rad
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by B-rad »

Last edited by B-rad on Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My ambition is to live forever - so far, so good!
mellow_pilot
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by mellow_pilot »

Isn't it interesting how Montair can be named, bashed and have shit thrown all over it here, but other flight schools are defended like the honour of a Sicillian virgin?

Say, for example, a certain FTU in a certain capital of a certain country...

I just love how some can be slagged but some cannot. Regardless of whether the stories are true. :roll:

Dyslexics of the world... UNTIE!
Front.
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Front. »

av8tor_assrope wrote:this is for front. WHA WHA WHAAAA somebody call the WHAAAAAAAAAAmbulance. you're not the first, nor the last to have a bad experience with a flight school. if you don't like the training, or the way you're being treated....LEAVE...or find another instructor!!!! stop bitching for christ sake. i bet you chose montair because you saw their flashy ads in wings magazine, or because they had the brightest sign on the field........or largest fleet. the trick is to find a good instructor...that's all you need. it doesn't have to be in a brand new 172 tricked out to the tits with two flat panels..it could be a beat up piece of shit 152...or even a taildragger if you had real balls. just find a good instructor and do us all a favour and shut up.

cheers
I actually went there cause the instructor seemed nice at first, but then after a bit he became very unpleasant and i just stopped paying for their service. And you know what, if i don't have real balls i would not be flying older planes now. So much for that. I love the 152 by the way.

How does me shutting up make any difference to you?

thanks for your consideration though. Seems like you're one of the farts who're either there right now or have been working there and have kept the same shitty attitude.

Good Day

Last edited by Front. on Fri Nov 24, 2006 12:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
PilotFlying
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by PilotFlying »

I thought you were done reading this post? Too bad. For us.

In response to Justwannafly:
I think your wrong..they are not flaming one person individualy, they are mainly flaming the owner who effects how the entire outfit is run...thus they are flaming the entire outfit.
The owner alone does not define a company. An organization is only as good as its employees.

I don't care who these people have had their beefs with. It is unprofessional, ignorant, and just plain stupid to slag the entire company as a result.

Don't like it? Don't read it.
Updraft
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Updraft »

This one is for Front. You know you had a problem with this individual instructor, so you changed it and left. Your gone now so why bother with the bad mouthing still? Do you actually think its going to do you any good? I DONT THINK SO! I dont know what you think you are going to accomplish here, my opinion is nothing...Maybe just a whole bunch of ppl that think you are a childish dumb ass, but thats about it!

I can definately tell you that you are not the only student in the history of flying that has ever had a problem a instructor. I dont know where you get off thinking that it is a good idea to to rant about people on a forum like this! Its not going to get you anywhere. Clearly you are a disturbed individual to let something like this bother you for so long. Most normal people in your situation would just drop it. You are gone, and if it was such a traumatic experience that you just cant leave it alone...Maybe you should seek professional help!?!

got milk?
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by got milk? »

Updraft wrote: I dont know what you think you are going to accomplish here, my opinion is nothing...Maybe just a whole bunch of ppl that think you are a childish dumb ass, but thats about it
haha this is turning into a front bashing thread

Updraft
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Updraft »

No it isn't, some ppl jsut dont know when enough is enough, and that time was a long time ago for Front. But what can you expect from a kid?

Grey_Wolf
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Grey_Wolf »

Isn't it interesting how Montair can be named, bashed and have shit thrown all over it here, but other flight schools are defended like the honour of a Sicillian virgin?
Anyone remember the WWFC thread a while back? :)

"A good traveller has no fixed plan and is not intent on arriving." -Lao Tzu
Front.
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Front. »

One thing before the topic gets closed, what can you expect from you adults who are spending so much time flamming a kid then? If you'd be normal adults with happy lives, you would of ignored this post and moved on as well. Perhaps you guys should seek professional help on what other stuff to spend ur life with. Afterall, i am only a kid right... :roll:

Anyway you guys, have fun ranting on eachother.

Im out, good day 8)

Justwannafly
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by Justwannafly »

Grey_Wolf wrote:
Anyone remember the WWFC thread a while back? :)
nope what was it about?

btw as for front...yea he IS quite piss'd off It would seem...but I belive he was the most upset about what was said behind his back after he left...as a result it looks like he's repaying his former instructor the favor....just to a wider audience

Hoov
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Hoov »

I would encourage people who have had bad experiences with companies to come out and say what happened. Before I read this thread I had no idea what Montair was, now I know that most that have come in contact with the company wish they wouldnt have. Thats good to know. However "Front" we dont need ten of the same posts about why montair sucks from you alone. You said your piece, obviously you have moved on and are still training, so good for you. However we dont need any more posts from you about how Montair sucks.

Thank You.

I carry my crucifix
Under my deathlist
Forward my mail to me in hell
Liars and the martyrs
Lost faith in The Father
Long lost in the wishing well

Wild side
Updraft
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Updraft »

[quote]I would encourage people who have had bad experiences with companies to come out and say what happened. Before I read this thread I had no idea what Montair was, now I know that most that have come in contact with the company wish they wouldnt have.

Yes I have no problem with ppl sharing their experiences either. Because it is a free world after all. But it is mindless ppl like Front. who give the whole company and everyone associated with it a bad rep, when in actual fact it is a really good school, with great instructors, and most of the time friendly ppl. All front has to share is bad things associated with the company. Why dont we start a thread about all of the great experiences ppl have shared at Montair, and ppl like Hoov can see what they are really about???(I dont expect that ppl do this ....but its to make a point!)

mellow_pilot
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by mellow_pilot »

I for one am more than happy to talk about any company I've done business with. I will tell the truth of what happened and in most cases recommend for or against if someone wants to know.

I think it's important to share with the broader community so that others can benefit from your experience.

I do, however, realise from experience that it is sometimes hard to be objective while still involved with a company (though it is possible). We often have alot invested in the situation and can't seperate our feelings from the facts. That said, it's still important to help others out by sharing.

Front, I feel your pain. I would offer a little advice and say that your piece has been said, leave it at that. Some poeple don't want to hear it, as the are still invested in the company on some level. Those who will benefit form your expereince already have. Although you may be right and totally justified in continuing to tell the story, it's not worth the headache that it brings... trust me.

Front.
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Front. »

Yeah okay Mellow. I see what your point is and i'd have to say i agree with you.

As for updraft: i rage off when people piss me off regarding things that aren't true. See, when people go on and discuss about how i am a cocky kid and how that reflects my financial position, it makes me sad to realize how else these guys would make their money. Not saying that it's all the rich people running the company, but it's certainly not the people from the sides of the street's paying 45 k to do their flight training.

With all that being said, I do have good experiences to share from montair, but the negative aspects are so much more that i just start forgetting when i get caught up in the moment of explaining how bad my experience in total was with them.

I personally don't feel like commenting on the good sides of montair because what they did was wrong, and very rude. I am not saying i am the most polite person in the world, but i was definately not a pain in the ass for them. As for payments, preparations, being on time, being enthusiastic, and always keeping a smile on my face, i bet even if you ask my previous instructor who i don't very much associate with now, he'd tell you the same.

When a person like me, tends to put all his effort and time into trying to make something good out of flying, and then get shut out by your instructor, who told you, you were his best students, and that he enjoyed flying with you, and then at the change of a few days, becomes a total dick gets on my nerves. When that situation occurs, i start looking back at what people have said about montair and what the hell i am doing here if i am going through the same crap. I hope you start to realize where i am coming from and what basis i set my principles on.

I've said it to this day to everybody who asked me why i left montair. I said, don't you think it was Al. I have never had any problems with, and i always said hi and check up on how he was doing. What i do and will always do is notify people of which instructors are good and which of them are bad. I'll also tell them to watch out how they log hours with them. Don't get me wrong, there are a few top quality instructors there, and if i am not mistaken, PF, you're one of them. So go on, enjoy life, and choose your flight school wisely, at least that's what i learnt out of this whole thing.

Good Night everybody.

Last edited by Front. on Fri Nov 24, 2006 12:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Justwannafly
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by Justwannafly »

Updraft wrote: Why dont we start a thread about all of the great experiences ppl have shared at Montair
Why don't you?
Front. wrote: certainly not the people from the sides of the street's paying 45 k to do their flight training.
Not all pilots are rich....took me years to save up the $ to get my licence.....& I'm still up to my neck in debt

Front.
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Front. »

but you still did manage to pay through your training and are working now. You're not from the side of hastings street and you've managed to become educated and a pilot. The training is what i am getting at. Because that's the only thing that affects the rumors that are set behind you obviously. It's obvious, not everybody has a ton of pocket fillers, but that's life. I just don't think anybody's financial position is any of the instructors business at the school. That's my opinion on it. If i recall correctly, i have heard that people leaving montair regardless if they're students, or employers, are always looked down upon because the company seems to believe that there is no body better than them? I am starting to see if that relates to my experience.

Some people have money, others have some, some have none. There is however no explanation or reasoning to use somebody's financial position and send out degrading morals about that person. This applies to everybody, not just me. I am sure there are more of such rumors around about a few other students who left.

I am sure the instructor understood he made a mistake, and i believe we all do mistakes regardless of how experienced we are. I did the mistake of ranting on the company while the only profile i should of really touched if anything, should of been my instructor.

I am not going to send out appologies though because my experience is true and it is of what many others know are true as well; especially many of you who have replied and are still tied with the company (like mellow) said.
So i am going to leave it at that

Back to the FT forums 8)

av8tor_assrope
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by av8tor_assrope »

So i am going to leave it at that

Back to the FT forums 8)
....hey fronty haven't we heard this from you before. this has got to be the 10th time you said you were not going to post anymore.

cheers

I want to die like my grandfather did, peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming in terror like his passengers...
mellow_pilot
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by mellow_pilot »

And for the tenth time he's been baited back...

Stay tuned for scenes from next weeks episode... (cue corny soap opera music)

Rowdy
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Rowdy »

I'll chime in here with ACTUAL knowledge of the outfit and will go on the record with any and all of my comments. I did my Private and Most of my commercial with Montair.

Yes the owner (Al) can be hard to take.. BUT as said he runs a tight ship with for the most part a good and well cared for fleet of aircraft and SOME fine instructors. I had the pleasure of flying with 5 different guys throughout my tenure there. All of which were fantastic to deal with and taught me a great deal at the time. However.. I believe only two of those gentlemen are still with it. Others have gone on to bigger and better things in the industry.

Most of the gripes I see happen at ALL flight schools to some extent. Remember kids.. the flight school is not there to take care of you and anything outside of your actual flight training. If you have a problem with it.. take it up with them immediatly.. They aren't going to be asking you how you think they're doing.

The only actual problems I had were with some of the limitations on aircraft rental for the purposes of cross countries. But thats fine.. I ended up with a share in another aircraft for all of that. Non-issue..

I was also a little suprised (not neccesarily upset) when they told me they were Too busy to do my MIFR at the time.. Ohh well! My money thus went elsewhere :wink:

Take everything with a grain of salt.

Return to “Employment Forum”