Lateral Move (Ramp-Ramp)

Got a hot employment or interview tip to help a fellow aviator find a job or looking for a little job advice place your posting here.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

Joey Jo Jo
Rank 1
Rank 1

Lateral Move (Ramp-Ramp)

Post by Joey Jo Jo »

So what is your opinion of this...

Scenario- A person is working a ramp job; however, there is no chance to advance onto an A/C. (Equip. too large-not enough total time)

Would it be easier to find another ramp job without a road trip (i.e. telephone/fax/e-mail) after a year and a bit ramp/cargo experience. Or is this person just another meat stick pestering somebody for a job.

BTW, a seat on an A/C was never promised or expected, but for a variety of reasons (Read: $$) this helped the situation.

Joey
---------- ADS -----------

. .
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by . . »

I'd normally say ramp for ramp would be a bad idea. In your case the two ramps are not equal. I imagine that you'll actually have to do some digging to find a new ramp to do demeaning manual labour on. best of luck on your search.

Captain X
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by Captain X »

sorry bout the numerous PM's Joey,

If you get a chance to reply to one of em that would be great

HSG
Rank 0
Rank 0

leaving the ramp

Post by HSG »

If you are SURE that you won't get flying where you are now then start looking at places that DO hire from the ramp, with experience already gained you will have a leg up on the other hopefuls. DON'T get caught too long at a place that won't get you flying it has happened to many others.

Good Luck

Return to “Employment Forum”